• Thread starter Thread starter Deslandes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 785
  • Views Views 54K

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they a one man team then. Cause you can always say a team missed a Anyone Esque player, England Missed an Firing Rooney Esque Player in the Group Games. that isnt the point, ther germans looked Very Ordinary through out there group.

I am going to make a bold prediction, England to win 2-0 tommorrow. AND WIN THE WORLD CUP.

very bold indeed. i'll be very impressed should it come true ;) i think it'll be closer than that, and over the past two days i've at different times thought either would win, so i really have no idea :D should be a good match anyway

I keep seeing people posting what they think the result will be tomorrow night, I don't want them to miss the match so this is for them lol.
Kick Off is at 3:00pm (1500) ;);)

all im gunna say is we have a **** of a chance we are unbeaten and only conceded once and that was a freak goal talk all you want about the "weak" group but they are all professional international teams who qualified for the world cup and we were never just gunna roll over them but at the end of the day we qualified and now go against a german team that have shown flashes of greatness but have been beaten and are very inexperienced in big match situations.

in other words COME ON ENGLAND!!! :)

Any England fan that has already accepted defeat or is arguing for why Germany will beat us need to man the **** up and support your country.

Any England fan that has already accepted defeat or is arguing for why Germany will beat us need to man the **** up and support your country.

There's a difference between "accepting defeat" and making an honest prediction. I'd rather say what I think the score will be than be blinded by patriotism. Its not as if I'm not supporting England, its that I think, in this game, we are the underdogs. I support Norwich - when we were in the Premiership, and playing Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, etc., I hoped we would win, but I didn't exactly go "oh I think we'll thrash them" before the game. I love my club, and I love my country, but I'm not going to start saying we'll win, if I don't think we will.

There's a difference between "accepting defeat" and making an honest prediction. I'd rather say what I think the score will be than be blinded by patriotism. Its not as if I'm not supporting England, its that I think, in this game, we are the underdogs. I support Norwich - when we were in the Premiership, and playing Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, etc., I hoped we would win, but I didn't exactly go "oh I think we'll thrash them" before the game. I love my club, and I love my country, but I'm not going to start saying we'll win, if I don't think we will.

England are 8th in the world, Germany 6th. How can you compare that to Norwich v the best team in England? :S

I'm not saying be 'blinded by patriotism' I'm just saying support your country rather than putting them down before they even get a chance, but I'm sure you will be the same people celebrating saying you knew it was coming when England win and the same guys condemning the squad when they lose. Fans that do this are fickle and completely hypocritical.

England are 8th in the world, Germany 6th. How can you compare that to Norwich v the best team in England? :S

I'm not saying be 'blinded by patriotism' I'm just saying support your country rather than putting them down before they even get a chance, but I'm sure you will be the same people celebrating saying you knew it was coming when England win and the same guys condemning the squad when they lose. Fans that do this are fickle and completely hypocritical.

I'm comparing it, because even though its an exaggeration, its still true - England are underdogs, Germany are more likely to win (by the way, I'd stop using the FIFA Rankings as a reference if I were you, they're ****).
I'm supporting my country, I'm just being realistic. I don't think England will win, doesn't mean I wont be happy if they will. If we win then fair enough, good. I wont over celebrate and I definitely wont be saying I knew we would win. Don't put me into a group of stupid ****** like you just described. I condemn the squad if they do badly, win or lose. I still have my opinions about the squad and its players - just because we beat Slovenia doesn't mean I think we can beat anyone. I don't see how you can put me into a group of fickle hypocrites when you don't know a thing about me, to be honest. All I said was that I'm making an honest prediction.

I'm starting to get Nerves about this one tomorrow..

Hopefully should be a brilliant game, with England winning it in the 119th minute. Would be brilliant.. But i'm happy with any England win. COME YOU ENGLAND!

I think capello shud play:

James
Johnson Terry Upson Cole

Lennon Barry Milner

Gerrard
Defoe Crouch

With rooney on the bench.

Dont get me wrong he's a great player but he's been poor this world cup and defoe and crouch are great together.

Lets be realistic about this,

We drew a game with a keeper who shouldnt of even gone, We controlled that game, the Yanks had one real chance and that wasnt even the goal.

We then played Terrible against a very bad side Algeria, but Defence looked Solid. they where just an organised team. with 10 players behind the ball.

We then played in my opinion Very well against Slovenia that game should of been 4 or 5 -0 and it would of been if it wasnt for the tension and the misfiring Wayne Rooney( there i said it)

Whilst the Germans have been very Similar ,

They destroyed a very weak and un organised Australian Team.

They then got out played against an Serbian team which went out evidently.

They also won but where really weak and got split open against a ghanian side, which is all reality is worse then the USA side we faced and out played.

SO why they got 6 points to our 5. they arent a million miles ahead of us in terms of performace. So really i think we can play only slightly better then we did against slovenia and beat them confortably.
How is this even being argued about. The germans have performed much better than us so far.oO)

We have scored 2 goals and have only beat one team in the world cup. Slovenia, who have a population of 2 million and a ridiculously small amount of proffesional footballers to choose from.

Germany had a harder group and finished top. There only not unbeaten because they had a man sent off early in the game against serbia and even then they were the better side for most of the game and missed a penalty.

I still think we can win this game but they have clearly been significantly better than us so far.(K)

this.

I think capello shud play:

James
Johnson Terry Upson Cole

Lennon Barry Milner

Gerrard
Defoe Crouch

With rooney on the bench.

Dont get me wrong he's a great player but he's been poor this world cup and defoe and crouch are great together.

Don't think Capello would leave out two of the countries most established players against the German's. Lampard has to start (unless he's been injured and I've missed it on the news) as he showed in the last match that he is up for the big game. Whilst I agree that Rooney hasn't performed that well so far, he is still our most feared player and one of the few we have who are truly anywhere near world class.

I'd stick with the team that started against Slovenia - we looked fluid, confident and finally passed the ball more than three times in a row. In the latter stages, when the German's begin to tire, we'd have the likes of Lennon and Cole to bring on and torment them :)

Then again, I could see us starting with a 4-5-1 tomorrow and Cole making his first start in place of Defoe.

Who do you think will win when it goes to penalties ?? I think, even if English players have practiced it like about half a year, I think they are under too much pressure and Germany will win. But thats only my opinion ...

I think everyone is looking at previous performances, but tbh they don't matter as much as everyone thinks.

This might as well be a derby game with the rivalry these two teams have and everyone knows the form book goes out of the window for derby games.

I can see Germany controlling most of the game today but I have a feeling England will take one chance that they get and Germany will take one of many.

So my prediction is;

Germany 1-2 England with a late/early goal being decisive.

This is what the World Cups all about....Come On ENGLAND!!

Good luck England but still think Germany will win

Extra Time is my prediction after 1-1 draw then anything can happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back