• Thread starter Thread starter Deslandes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 785
  • Views Views 54K

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am really looking forward to this match and i know we will win. this is not a sensational germany side its good but not sensational. if we can stop lahm and ozil playing( i know easier said then done) then they will find it hard to make any opportunities off any note. i think england have found their team and formation not but i do belive we should play carrick insted off lampard.

i am really looking forward to this match and i know we will win. this is not a sensational germany side its good but not sensational. if we can stop lahm and ozil playing( i know easier said then done) then they will find it hard to make any opportunities off any note. i think england have found their team and formation not but i do belive we should play carrick insted off lampard.

either you dont want to make yourself look bias or you havent seen much of Carrick over last few months lol he has been awful, a real suprise entry to the team from a manchester united's fans point of view. carrick i agree on his day passes the ball just as well as the best of them do but he hasn't had a lot of half decent days recently. id start with lampard purely and simply because its a big pressure game (although carrick plays for united, he doesnt always start in the high profile games) where lampard plays all the top games for club.

Carrick shouldn't of gone anyway tbh, Huddlestone all the way.

Why are people bumming Germany and think there awesome?
They beat a poor ten-man Australia, side, lost to a poor Serbia side, and only just beat a decent Ghana side.
And how many of there players has played in a World Cup previous to this?

Why are people bumming Germany and think there awesome?
They beat a poor ten-man Australia, side, lost to a poor Serbia side, and only just beat a decent Ghana side.
And how many of there players has played in a World Cup previous to this?
compared to us, they're still playing better.

either you dont want to make yourself look bias or you havent seen much of Carrick over last few months lol he has been awful, a real suprise entry to the team from a manchester united's fans point of view. carrick i agree on his day passes the ball just as well as the best of them do but he hasn't had a lot of half decent days recently. id start with lampard purely and simply because its a big pressure game (although carrick plays for united, he doesnt always start in the high profile games) where lampard plays all the top games for club.
carrick retains the ball better. yes hes off form but hes actually the kind of play we need in this game. lets hope he's improved

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

compared to us, they're still playing better.
this

oh i have seen alot off carrick and your right he has been awfull and as max said we proberly should have took huddlestone but... when lampard gets the ball all he does is look to attack and michael carrick will get hold off the ball look for a ball and then move and look to recieve it again. he is also more effective when it comes to defending and i think we will need 2 players on ozil this is how i would play the side.

GK: James
DR: Johnson
DL: A.Cole
DC: Terry
DC: Upson
DM: Barry
DM: Carrick
ML: Gerrard
MR: Milner
ST: Rooney
ST: Defoe

I just think the team will keep hold off the ball better then look to attack every time this would come in handy especially if we take the lead. and if we are behind or level and we need a goal imagine bringing someone with the attaking attributes on like lampard.

Not by much, they've lost, we've not..

I still think we'll win in 90mins.
doesnt really matter if we've not lost does it?

spain lost, but they still progressed easier than us, and so did Germany.

Crosses should be the order of the day -- Germany's GK (despite his high PA on FM) looks nervy and a disaster waiting to happen. On paper we have stronger side -- especially as Germany are missing a couple. Germany always seem to have a great winning mentality though.

oh i have seen alot off carrick and your right he has been awfull and as max said we proberly should have took huddlestone but... when lampard gets the ball all he does is look to attack and michael carrick will get hold off the ball look for a ball and then move and look to recieve it again. he is also more effective when it comes to defending and i think we will need 2 players on ozil this is how i would play the side.

GK: James
DR: Johnson
DL: A.Cole
DC: Terry
DC: Upson
DM: Barry
DM: Carrick
ML: Gerrard
MR: Milner
ST: Rooney
ST: Defoe

I just think the team will keep hold off the ball better then look to attack every time this would come in handy especially if we take the lead. and if we are behind or level and we need a goal imagine bringing someone with the attaking attributes on like lampard.
think we giving too much hype to ozil, hes good but not some messi type player. barry should be enough to deal with him if he plays well. we need to think abouth giving them problems, i'd start defoe on the bench and play gerrard at amc. give khedira and bastain something to worry about, and prevent them from getting forward at will

love the fact that the Scottish are part off the ABE due to there **** national team can't qualify.

England 1-0 Germany

See how the scots/welsh like that bad boy.

Crosses should be the order of the day -- Germany's GK (despite his high PA on FM) looks nervy and a disaster waiting to happen. On paper we have stronger side -- especially as Germany are missing a couple. Germany always seem to have a great winning mentality though.
and pace, they are not very quick at the back, and babstuber has looked particularly shaky, id actuall fancy having lennon playing to keep him on the back foot all game

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

love the fact that the Scottish are part off the ABE due to there **** national team can't qualify.

England 1-0 Germany

See how the scots/welsh like that bad boy.
no need for that, keep it down

and pace, they are not very quick at the back, and babstuber has looked particularly shaky, id actuall fancy having lennon playing to keep him on the back foot all game

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

no need for that, keep it down

just voicing MY opinion which is what this thread is all about voicing your OPINION on the score right?

Other countires would kill too see us fail, just because there own has failed at the first hurdle.

just voicing MY opinion which is what this thread is all about voicing your OPINION on the score right?

Other countires would kill too see us fail, just because there own has failed at the first hurdle.
so why bring the ABEs into it? they trolled it and they gone, no need to talk about them anymore

if we play 4-4-2 this game is going to be very very hard

think we giving too much hype to ozil, hes good but not some messi type player. barry should be enough to deal with him if he plays well. we need to think abouth giving them problems, i'd start defoe on the bench and play gerrard at amc. give khedira and bastain something to worry about, and prevent them from getting forward at will

i think the reason why he will start with defoe and the reason he started him against slovenia is because he is the type off striker that will definatly at minimum make the keeper work with his first effort he dosent need a few half chances like some strikers do. i think lennon on the bench is a great shout imagine needing a goal 15mins to go and hopefully get him to use his pace it could be devastating.

i dont understand why people are getting so hyped up about ozil, yes dont get me wrong he is a gifted player but he isn't that good we need to worry about two defensive midfielders set on him. we need to attack Germany, there defence isn't the greatest and with two defensive midfielders, that tells me we are going to sit back and invite them to put pressure on us and when the time is right, we hit them on the break. i for one dont think that will be the case, thats not how we play football, we MUST attack this team. i think lampard will start ahead of carrack for one other simple reason. when it comes to games like this, experience is key, lampard has tones of experience where carrick has few. lampard is a must starter for me.

i think the reason why he will start with defoe and the reason he started him against slovenia is because he is the type off striker that will definatly at minimum make the keeper work with his first effort he dosent need a few half chances like some strikers do. i think lennon on the bench is a great shout imagine needing a goal 15mins to go and hopefully get him to use his pace it could be devastating.
to be honest i dont particularly want to drop defoe, but you need a 3 man mid in this game, and if you're gonna have lone striker, rooney trumps defoe

doesnt really matter if we've not lost does it?

spain lost, but they still progressed easier than us, and so did Germany.

So? All I'm saying is it's been proven Germany aren't as good as people make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back