• Thread starter Thread starter Deslandes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 785
  • Views Views 54K

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
and all i'm saying is that they're playing better than us..

Lets be realistic about this,

We drew a game with a keeper who shouldnt of even gone, We controlled that game, the Yanks had one real chance and that wasnt even the goal.

We then played Terrible against a very bad side Algeria, but Defence looked Solid. they where just an organised team. with 10 players behind the ball.

We then played in my opinion Very well against Slovenia that game should of been 4 or 5 -0 and it would of been if it wasnt for the tension and the misfiring Wayne Rooney( there i said it)

Whilst the Germans have been very Similar ,

They destroyed a very weak and un organised Australian Team.

They then got out played against an Serbian team which went out evidently.

They also won but where really weak and got split open against a ghanian side, which is all reality is worse then the USA side we faced and out played.

SO why they got 6 points to our 5. they arent a million miles ahead of us in terms of performace. So really i think we can play only slightly better then we did against slovenia and beat them confortably.

just want all the talk to stop and for that kick off whistle to be blown, can not wait!

The Germans are in no way invincible, having said that neither are England. This really could go either way. Its all a question of who deals with the pressure the best. Im hoping Englands extra experience makes a difference. The fact that we are yet to perform to our best may work in our favour.

Invidual-wise England are better, But as a team, I'm not sure. Club-wise, I'd say England, again

I think we stand a great chance. If Germany look to play attacking football, like they have done, and almost certainly will do. Then I think our defence can shut them out. We only drew to USA because of a mistake by Green, which is unlikely to happen again, and Algeria got a point against us because they just sat behind the ball and didn't take any risks.

We CAN beat the Germans.

Invidual-wise England are better, But as a team, I'm not sure. Club-wise, I'd say England, again

Sorry, but wtf has that got to do with England's chances? I don't mean to be rude, but even if our club football leagues are better than Germany's we're not guarenteed a win...oO)

ON topic: I think ze germans might just edge it, but it will be close imo

Sorry, but wtf has that got to do with England's chances? I don't mean to be rude, but even if our club football leagues are better than Germany's we're not guarenteed a win...oO)

ON topic: I think ze germans might just edge it, but it will be close imo

He's saying although england have a better standard of league, and have better players when compared individually, the Germans have better teamwork and play better together. I think it's relevant.

Lets be realistic about this,

We drew a game with a keeper who shouldnt of even gone, We controlled that game, the Yanks had one real chance and that wasnt even the goal.

We then played Terrible against a very bad side Algeria, but Defence looked Solid. they where just an organised team. with 10 players behind the ball.

We then played in my opinion Very well against Slovenia that game should of been 4 or 5 -0 and it would of been if it wasnt for the tension and the misfiring Wayne Rooney( there i said it)

Whilst the Germans have been very Similar ,

They destroyed a very weak and un organised Australian Team.

They then got out played against an Serbian team which went out evidently.

They also won but where really weak and got split open against a ghanian side, which is all reality is worse then the USA side we faced and out played.

SO why they got 6 points to our 5. they arent a million miles ahead of us in terms of performace. So really i think we can play only slightly better then we did against slovenia and beat them confortably.
Sorry mate but we have had a much easier group. Algeria were nowhere whilst it was pretty even in Germany's group.

Sorry mate but we have had a much easier group. Algeria were nowhere whilst it was pretty even in Germany's group.

But we still are un defeated and lets be honest, no team actually looked like beating us all the way through our group, every game we where on top. Whilst Germany where out played by Serbia and Ghana. SO they wherent good in there group and Shouldnt worry us.

But we still are un defeated and lets be honest, no team actually looked like beating us all the way through our group, every game we where on top. Whilst Germany where out played by Serbia and Ghana. SO they wherent good in there group and Shouldnt worry us.
the should worry us. but equally we should worry them. we still must raise our game, but if we do we a have good chance of beating them, and i cant wait!!!!

I agree but we played much worse against Algeria than Germany did against Ghana or Serbia not to mention the fact that Ghana and Serbia are better than Algeria, Solvena and probably USA. To be honest though the group games aren't a great berometer for a teams overall performance as most teams that win the World Cup weren't too hot in the groups.

All I'm hoping for is a solid and good performance and we'll see where that gets us, It's not ideal whats happened but IF we beat Germany and Argentina then things really do look good for us.

England have slowly but surely got better in this tournement, Usa would have been a 1-0 win had we of had not conceded a goal through a nervous keeper, Algeria was a boring game to say the least but dont think I remember Algeria having too many chances, And Slovenia despite being only 1-0 if it wasn't for Handovich would have been alot more, throught the group weve shown are defence is versatile and despite 3 different CB pairing with Terry we still only conceded 1 goal.

On the other hand The germans started the tournement extremely well and were the team to be avoided, but the 1-0 loss to Serbia showed their in experience and ultimately showed the world there not invinclbe after all, too much hype was made over them regarding the first game and they crumbled under pressure to perform like that agin in the second, They then went onto win the last group game but not confidently, and Serbia the team they lost too were beaten by Austrailia?

England fans are more worried then they should be. If Germany only won the first group game 1-0,I think everyone would be alot more confident. England have a good record against Germany. We've won 12 they've won 10 and draws making up the rest.

Tommorow will be tight no doubt but I'd say we'd scrape it by one goal. Whatever the the score line may be 1-0,2-1,3-2. If it does however go to the dreaded shootout we havent lost complete hope as The germans have alreayd missed one penalty this tournement.

Come On England!

Scott.

I don't know which game it is you watched, but Germany were not in any way "outplayed" by Serbia? They got a man sent off after 25mins and still managed to control the game, create several 100% oppiortunities and win a pen, which they unfortunately missed.

What, on the other hand, missed for the Germans in this game was a clinical finisher. And hopefully that'll be no problem v England because of the appearance of the evergreat Miroslav Klose.

On a serious note; in my opinion it can go both ways tomorrow night. Both teams have had their moments (England not so much) and both have shown big weaknesses. I honestly can't predict a winner, but i doubt that Mesut Özil or Joe Cole'esque players will play a big role in this game. It'll be the team, not the individualists.

Deutsche mannschaft!!!

Scott.

I don't know which game it is you watched, but Germany were not in any way "outplayed" by Serbia? They got a man sent off after 25mins and still managed to control the game, create several 100% oppiortunities and win a pen, which they unfortunately missed.

What, on the other hand, missed for the Germans in this game was a clinical finisher. And hopefully that'll be no problem v England because of the appearance of the evergreat Miroslav Klose.

Are they a one man team then. Cause you can always say a team missed a Anyone Esque player, England Missed an Firing Rooney Esque Player in the Group Games. that isnt the point, ther germans looked Very Ordinary through out there group.

I am going to make a bold prediction, England to win 2-0 tommorrow. AND WIN THE WORLD CUP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back