Germany v England Thread

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your right there not that good but they are better then England unfortunately, they don't neccesarily have better players then England but they are better organised and more fluid in posession.
I wouldnt say they are more organised, we only conceded one goal, and that was a bit freaky.

Can't believe how much people are overhyping Germany. They're a good team and have played well, but they aren't that good, jeeez.

They have tanked through. 7-0 kinda beats Englands form.

Honestly cant see England progresing, but who knows.

Why are we so scared of them...There not even German, half of them, there ****** polish and turkish.

Lets 'Fookin' av 'em

2-0 England - Defoe and Milner

I wouldnt say they are more organised, we only conceded one goal, and that was a bit freaky.

If England had been in the group Germany were in then England would of been out already, England struggled against much lesser teams then Germany had to play against. When I say better organised I mean in terms of the way the midfield operates not the defence.

Yeah, England were very sloppy in the first two games where as Germany were every tidy, but I noticed a few times where Ghana opened up the German defence, and if they can do it, so can England.

I find it funny, the amount of people who support English clubs being from somewhere else and wanting England to lose. If you hate our country so much, then support a team from where you're from.

Anyway, on-topic:
My head says:
Germany 2 - 1 England

My heart says:
Germany 0 - 2 England

But I, sadly, can't really see us winning this one. :'(

this game complete depends on who turns up. germany are favourites, but we are certainly capable of beating them. too close to call for me.

---------- Post added at 04:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

holding the ball in the wide areas will be key against germany, more of the same from milner definitely is needed, and gerrard needs to play in the centre of the pitch to try and pin back schweinstieger (sp) and khedira. barry should be tasked with keep ozil quite through the middle. terry vs klose will be a good battle. and whoever starts left wing will have to work hard defenisively to stop lahm bombing forwards

Germany 2-0 England.

They haven't impressed enough to bump up a surprise.

England all the way. Whatever my head says my heart will always be the one I go for. No matter how we have played so far during the competition the games against the Germans seem to make us and them step up a gear. Remember 5-1 in Munich no-one gave us a chance before that game and we tore them apart.

dont get cocky Stubbs , we didnt make it so what ? uses arent going 2 win it so clamp it !

oh no, so its ok for your coutrymen to have a pop at us and tell us how we're going out blah blah blah, you need to be in it to win it and your not in it so....

England can beat Germany, they have done it before. However;

Germany 1 - 0 England
Ozil

How come nobody has mentioned Serbia 1 - 0 Germany? It shows they aren't invincible, personally I think we only had such a poor start because we expected to walk the group, after qualifying and thrashing decent sides such as Croatia we all thought this was going to be an easy first place. We deserve to get the hard draw, but as long as we can defend properly, and I trust James 100%, Upson looked good and Terry was pretty solid, and lets be honest our full-backs are world class I think we can get something out of it. Like I said earlier our lack of physicalness could be our downfall, Heskey is our only 'big' player and I really wouldn't want to start him..

Why are we so scared of them...There not even German, half of them, there ****** polish and turkish.

Lets 'Fookin' av 'em

2-0 England - Defoe and Milner

Are you serious........ ? 3-0 germany. bye england ;)

We didnt have enough luck,but I hope Emgland will!!!1-0 England,Lampard!!!C'mon brothers!!!!!:)

I personally don't believe England can win this game and I'm not saying that cos im Scottish. I do think England have the quality to beat Germany but all of the England players will need to be on top form and hope the Germans have a bad day which is unlikely plus that English defense is rather dismal so i can see the likes of Ozil, Podolski and Klose tearing you apart and I think Rooney is not fully fit which explain his less than average performances so without him your stuffed but you should enjoy the game and take defeat with your dignity still in 1 piece instead of starting riots and fighting amongst yourself like you usually do :)

I personally don't believe England can win this game and I'm not saying that cos im Scottish. I do think England have the quality to beat Germany but all of the England players will need to be on top form and hope the Germans have a bad day which is unlikely plus that English defense is rather dismal so i can see the likes of Ozil, Podolski and Klose tearing you apart and I think Rooney is not fully fit which explain his less than average performances so without him your stuffed but you should enjoy the game and take defeat with your dignity still in 1 piece instead of starting riots and fighting amongst yourself like you usually do :)
start riots?you mean like rangers did in manchester? people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones... you say that england cant in this game, but they have the quality to beat them, surely that doesnt make sense?

we've beaten them before, it will be tough but it can be done

the key battles come down to:
1 how we line up, anything other than 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 will put us under heavy pressure in midfield

2 klose versus terry, these two will be competing hard in the air and on thr ground, and since klose isnt the quickest, teery lack of pace wont we highlighted as much, but klose as a good a world cup finisher as there is and terry will need to be at his best, but klose is the kind of striker that terry does well against so that will go in his favour

3 barry vs ozil. ozil is an outstanding young talent, if we let him play like ghana did we will be punished, annan didnt sit on him and he caused all sorts of problems, barry will need to shut him down

4 gerrard vs schweinsteginer (sp) gerrad must dominate the hole behind rooney, and not allow bastian to get forwards into attack, he must press him at every opportunity of the ball

5 milner vs lahm, milner must get at lham as much as possible, but also track him in defence at all times, pin him back from getting forwards

6 rooney vs mertesacker. rooney will need to come deep and run at him, get him on the back foot, if he plays to high up he will be marked out of the game. the best bet for rooney may be to act as the decoy and create space for gerrard, rather than being the main threat himself

Last edited:
By the way he talks, you'd think Germany are equal/better than the Brazil side of 2002.

"All England players need to be on top form and hope Germany have a bad day."

So the German players don't have to be on top form to beat England, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.