Germany v England Thread

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way he talks, you'd think Germany are equal/better than the Brazil side of 2002.

"All England players need to be on top form and hope Germany have a bad day."

So the German players don't have to be on top form to beat England, no?
he seems to have forgotten the serbia game....

Indeed, and he critices England's defence? 1 freak goal conceded...

Obviously he wasn't watching when Germany's defence was split wide open multiple times against Ghana.

I think its time for us to wake up

England 1-0 Germany

This is a game that England should be winning considering the German team is a little inexperienced and not wholly world class compared to England. But England don't keep the ball well and that could be a problem.

Oh, and someone needs to do their homework on Oezil

2-1 to England

he seems to have forgotten the serbia game....

They did have 10 men for at least half the game against Serbia, and still created lots of chances which they were unable to take. I'm guessing 2-1 Germany, I can't see England upping their performance enough to win the game. Hopefully it'll be a good match though.

They did have 10 men for at least half the game against Serbia, and still created lots of chances which they were unable to take. I'm guessing 2-1 Germany, I can't see England upping their performance enough to win the game. Hopefully it'll be a good match though.
but ghana also picked them to bits. they lost because someone decided not to tell annan to mark ozil. im not saying thats its a dead cert by any means. they still favourties, but its not gonna be a bullshit walkover like some of the idiot abe's think it is ( see 2 page for where i think the game will be won or lost)

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

This is a game that England should be winning considering the German team is a little inexperienced and not wholly world class compared to England. But England don't keep the ball well and that could be a problem.

Oh, and someone needs to do their homework on Oezil

2-1 to England
i wouldnt call us world class to be fair. on our day we are a match for anyone, but we are too inconsistent, and those days dont come often enough

Last edited:
but ghana also picked them to bits. they lost because someone decided not to tell annan to mark ozil. im not saying thats its a dead cert by any means. they still favourties, but its not gonna be a bullshit walkover like some of the idiot abe's think it is

Haha I hope I'm not included in the 'idiot abe's' section! Obviously it won't be a walkover, but from what I've seen I think Germany are a slightly better side, although England are improving. So I think it'll be a tight game, as the knockout games usually are, and I've got a feeling Capello's stubborn formation may cost him.

At the end of the day, this match usually comes down to a coin toss, literally.

Could go either way, unless someone has a really bad day.

Germany 1 - 2 England (AET).

Haha I hope I'm not included in the 'idiot abe's' section! Obviously it won't be a walkover, but from what I've seen I think Germany are a slightly better side, although England are improving. So I think it'll be a tight game, as the knockout games usually are, and I've got a feeling Capello's stubborn formation may cost him.
lol no you're pretty fair....for an a.b.e :p. i would agree germany are the better side, maybe not on paper, but their players are better where it counts,with their performances on the pitch. we have got to up our game. and i totally agree about capello's stubbornness. 4-4-2 vs 4-4-2 is one thing, but 4-4-2 vs 4-2-3-1 with highly technical opposition is asking for trouble

even if England win this, Capello will be hailed for beating the 'unter strafe maschinen' especially if he beats them in regulation time, he doesnt need to win the World Cup to be hailed. A rival victory is like a world cup final win

At the end of the day, this match usually comes down to a coin toss, literally.

Could go either way, unless someone has a really bad day.

Germany 1 - 2 England (AET).
this game will kill me, it will be so tense

looks like im going to have to make the comedy prediction

61 - 0 to england
Rooney Scores 60
and Heskey Scores 1

tbh the people that are saying an england win are all have something rong inside there head, germany yess lost 1 game but in the other 2 games they basically destroyed the teams so all say, Germany3-1England

tbh the people that are saying an england win are all have something rong inside there head, germany yess lost 1 game but in the other 2 games they basically destroyed the teams so all say, Germany3-1England

I wouldn't say they destroyed Ghana at all.

Did you actually watch the Germany v Ghana match?

Lahm is the only reason it didn't end 2 - 1 to the Africans. He saved on the line, and made a ridiculously good last-ditch challenge to deny a second goalscoring attempt.

It's fine if you're biased against England, which you clearly are, but at least be realistic.

This goes for everyone in the thread. <)

Did you actually watch the Germany v Ghana match?

Lahm is the only reason it didn't end 2 - 1 to the Africans. He saved on the line, and made a ridiculously good last-ditch challenge to deny a second goalscoring attempt.

It's fine if you're biased against England, which you clearly are, but at least be realistic.

This goes for everyone in the thread. <)
Agreed.

I think England will win 10-0

Status
Not open for further replies.