Germany v England Thread

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
im not biased to england i wouldnt acctually mind them doing well in the compitition but i personaly dont see them beating germany... and mate everyones entitled to there own opinion

im not biased to england i wouldnt acctually mind them doing well in the compitition but i personaly dont see them beating germany... and mate everyones entitled to there own opinion
then try and make sensible one based on the facts. germany didnt destroy ghana at all, ghana had their chances, if annan had actually marked ozil throughout the game, they could have got more out of it. im actually baffled as to why annan didnt do this when he was clearly playing in the same area

To have an opinion on a particular subject, you need to have some understanding of it, which clearly you don't if you believe Germany "destroyed" Ghana.

It took a moment of magic from Mesut Özil to grab the required 3 points for Germany. Gerrard and Lampard are capable of exactly the same thing on their day, a good long-range shot into the top corner.

To have an opinion on a particular subject, you need to have some understanding of it, which clearly you don't if you believe Germany "destroyed" Ghana.

It took a moment of magic from Mesut Özil to grab the required 3 points for Germany. Gerrard and Lampard are capable of exactly the same thing on their day, a good long-range shot into the top corner.
couldnt have said it any better

honestly despite the inevitable **** tensing and nail biting, in an ideal world id like it to go to penalties and for england to win 3-0. Just to put demons to bed. Also think the confidence would be sky high if that happened

right so a sensible one ok..... austrailia are a better team than algeria
germany beat austrailia 4-0
england drew with algeria 0-0
>ghana are better than the usa
germany beat ghana 1-0
england drew 1-1 with usa

so the stats all point to a germany win

germany beat ghana 1-0

ridiculous logic
usa beat spain. costa rica beat usa. are you telling me that costa rica are better than spain? football doesnt work that way mate

germany beat ghana 1-0

It doesnt work like that. In the last World Cup France were awful yet they managed to get to the final knocking Brazil out on the way.

Last edited:
germany beat ghana 1-0

Stats mean nothing and you can't just say Ghana are better than USA, England would of eased passed USA if it wasn't for Rob Green's error.

germany beat ghana 1-0

Have you been sniffing glue?

USA are a very underrated side who are only 6 ranks behind England (in 14th) judging by the current ranking table. Ghana are sitting, not so pretty, I might add, in 32nd.

Honestly, do some research before you post. You'll end up not looking so ridiculous.

Oh, and just to address Australia compared to Algeria, I disagree completely with your assessment. Australia might be slightly ahead of Algeria in the rankings, but I truly believe we would have performed better against them than their African counterparts. Their style of play leaves them extremely susceptible.

Last edited:
if algeria are better than the austrailia , then you can explain how austraillia are 20th in the world rankings and algeria are ten places behind in 30th:S?

Their style of play lends them better at playing opponents like us, who despite everything, are still playing 4-4-2 which allows them to stifle our midfield.

We wouldn't have had the same problem against Australia, of that I am certain.

Australia might be better suited to playing other teams however, that might also be true.

if algeria are better than the austrailia , then you can explain how austraillia are 20th in the world rankings and algeria are ten places behind in 30th:S?
they play against much lower ranked teams in qualifiying, and thus easily rack up ranking points in wins. the same argument used to be pointed at the usa, but they since more than proved that their ranking isnt inflated. you still havent really offered a balanced sensible opinion...

germany beat ghana 1-0

shove your stats up your *** tbh.

matches aren't decided on stats, otherwise France will of been through on previous performance probably.

I think England will win 2-1 AET
Then Argentina can own them (H)

I think germany will win. Slovenia yesterday created enough good chances, needing some last ditch defending to stop, and Germany's attacking threat is much much better than algeria's, slovenia's, or USA's. i know ghana had good chances against germany but they're better compared to slovenia. also england's shape will probably mean either khedira or ozil will be left free so they can dominate possession

Looking forward to this.

Going to be great seeing Podolski, Schweinsteiger and co. turn England over ;)

Germany 5-0 England

- Özil
- Özil
- Özil
- Heskey (OG)
- Podolski

Status
Not open for further replies.