View attachment 296664

India U23's vs Pakistan U23's

Bangalore Football Stadium, Attendance 121

My first ever game in international management. Although its just a friendly against what could be called "weak" opposition I still feel a mixture of pride & nerves. Despite Pakistans world ranking I am anticipating a tough match so lets hope I'm up to it!

Line-ups

View attachment 296663

Have settled on a flat 4-4-2. Seems to suit the players at my disposal. Never really used this formation too much so there will no doubt be a bit of tinkering to do on the fly.

As far as selections are concerned, the above is pretty much my strongest line up. The only exceptions are Dempo RB Pratesh Fernandes & Salgaocar striker Ivo Ansari who are both carrying knocks & as such have been left out.

Result

View attachment 296662

Well, that was interesting.

A fairly even game but we definitely had the better chances & were lethal in front of goal. Shayne D'Cunha put his poor form for East Bengal behind him getting an amazing 4 goals in his 50 minute spell while midfielder Abhishek Chauhan & young CB Mohd Nasirul Rahman also got goals & Dika helped himself to 2 assists.

A very pleasing result to lead into the Asian Games.

Last edited:
Is this back on now?

Yea, i suppose it is, not that it was ever off. Always said when i started Life after Depor...that i'd switch back & forth depending on my mood.

Lately i have been missing the boys so thought i'd fire it up again :)

Yea, i suppose it is, not that it was ever off. Always said when i started Life after Depor...that i'd switch back & forth depending on my mood.

Lately i have been missing the boys so thought i'd fire it up again :)

Been enjoying life at Depor too mind was just well in to this so pleased to see it in action once more!

View attachment 296517

Just thought I'd give you an idea of how busy my schedule is looking. 3 games in 4 days!

First up will be India's first Asian games match against Sth Korea (15th) then its back to India for East Bengals all important ACC Quarter final 2nd leg against Ansar (17th) before heading straight back to Vietnam for our showdown with Bahrain (18th)!

View attachment 296516

Oh how i've missed you Subhashish! The big man never takes a backward step even when faced with the might of current holders Sth Korea.

BTW - I have installed a regen face pack since last playing this save so Subhashish & the rest of the gang may be sporting new do's since the last time you have seen them! Here is my favourite new style master!!!

View attachment 296515

Looking good Pratesh!!!!!

Last edited:

View attachment 296437

2019 Asian Games

South Korea vs India

Line-ups

View attachment 296436

A calf injury to centre back Ehasanul Islam is the only thing stopping me from sending out our best 11 for the opening match of the tournament. As defending champions, South Korea will no doubt be a real test for the guys. I don't expect to win if I'm honest but I give us a chance if we can start well.

Result

View attachment 296435

That was a tough one! After an even opening 20 minutes Sth Korea settled into their rhythm & dominated both possession & field position. To their credit the guys defended splendidly until the 41st minute when the Koreans finally got the break through.

Amazingly we almost equalized immediately when Shayne D'Cunha put Ivo Ansari 1 on 1 with the keeper but the save was made & we were very lucky not to go 2-0 down from the resultant break away.

The second half didn't start well as a deflected shot found its way past Santra to put us 2-0 down & the Koreans once again settled onto the ball & dominated the game. I was beginning to fear an opening game drubbing but the boys just would not give up. They defended desperately & in the 84th minute were given a way back into the match when Dika measured a superb long through ball into the path of substitute Ivo Coutinho who kept his calm & ensured the final minutes would be nervy ones for the Koreans.

Unfortunately we couldn't make the break through but we can take a lot of positives from this game. Not too disappointed to be honest.

View attachment 296433

East Bengal vs Ansar (Lib)

Salt Lake Stadium, Attendance:26,599

So we take a 1 goal deficit into our ACC quarter final second leg after a dramatic late fight back in Lebanon. For those of you who don't remember, we were 3-0 down before grabbing 2 late goals to save our title defence & give us a chance heading back home.

Line-ups

View attachment 296432

Despite having 8 players in Vietnam on international duties we show our depth by still fielding a formidable side. Young DM Babun Sharma perhaps the only unfamiliar name? He has spent a lot of time on the bench in the last couple of years but gets a big opportunity to impress here.

Result

View attachment 296431

Wow!!! I certainly didn't see that coming. After 40 minutes it was still 0-0 & a very even game. We grabbed a goal just before the break which put us ahead in the tie & forced the Lebanese side to come at us.

In the second half we sat back, picked off their passes & decimated them on the break. An absolutely faultless display of ruthless, counter attacking football. Cant wipe the smile from my face :)

View attachment 296428

So we draw Iranian side Foulad in the semi finals. Cant tell you a lot about them at the moment however past experience tells me that Iranian sides are very tough :S

View attachment 296138

2019 Asian Games

India vs Bahrain

Line-ups

View attachment 296137

Have taken a gamble with my shape for this must win clash against Bahrain. Had been reliably informed that they would start with 3 up front & thought we could use some extra cover at the back. Nice to see my scouts were spot on but I'm nervous as this is not something we've trained for.

Result

View attachment 296136

Heart breaking result! My change of shape worked perfectly, despite having less possession we undoubtedly created the better chances & restricted Bahrain to shots from distance but were bought undone by a very dubious penalty decision. Regardless of the result the boys once again performed well, yes we lacked the cutting edge in front of goal but, still, I cant be too hard on them. Which is why this sucks so much.....

View attachment 296135

Despite two reasonably good performances my competetive international record reads: 2 games, 2 loses & out of the group stages :'(

EDIT: Ha, just noticed the referee report, hope they crucify him!

Last edited:
Tough break mate you don't seem to have a lot of luck in this save

View attachment 782628

Just thought I'd give you an idea of how busy my schedule is looking. 3 games in 4 days!

First up will be India's first Asian games match against Sth Korea (15th) then its back to India for East Bengals all important ACC Quarter final 2nd leg against Ansar (17th) before heading straight back to Vietnam for our showdown with Bahrain (18th)!

View attachment 782629

Oh how i've missed you Subhashish! The big man never takes a backward step even when faced with the might of current holders Sth Korea.

BTW - I have installed a regen face pack since last playing this save so Subhashish & the rest of the gang may be sporting new do's since the last time you have seen them! Here is my favourite new style master!!!

View attachment 782631

Looking good Pratesh!!!!!

Hahaha!! Loving Pratesh's mustachios!! Would you mind sharing the link to the regen face pack please? xD

View attachment 293595

2019 Asian Games

India vs Myanmar

Line-ups

View attachment 293591

Despite already being bundled out I've decided against fielding a weakened team. I really don't want to leave this tournament without a win! D'Cunha misses out to injury & Bhattacharya will have to play DM but this shape suits me most &, I think, gives me the best chance to win.

Result

View attachment 293592

Things did not start well as we allowed Myanmar to open us up through the middle to take the lead.

I was not happy & let the boys know it!

Thankfully we hit back immediately through Pratesh Fernandes who bombed forward into the box & kept his cool from close range. 1-1 at the half.

The second half was no better. We were horrendous! Every pass was behind the man, every first touch was poor & invited a challenge whilst on the other hand Myanmar looked confident, where making their tackles & getting past their man with ease.

If things weren't looking bad enough Ivo Coutinho went & got himself a red card for a stupid challenge on halfway & my nightmare was complete.

In the end Myanmar couldn't make their numerical advantage pay & we walk away with a point but quite frankly, we didn't deserve it!

Group Table

View attachment 293590

Last edited:
Suprising draw there! Thought that may of had the opportunity of a windfall of goals for you!

Well that wasn't as expected! 1 measly point isn't great. Did you keep your position as U23 manager?