AayushCFC got me thinking about how much time I have actually spent playing this save. Got a bit of a shock when I checked it out so thought I'd share :p

View attachment 303116

By my count that is a little over 303 hours on this one save alone, no wonder the missus is always up me lol

Where is India now ranked in the world?

View attachment 303113

So we (India) are currently ranked 123rd in the world, when I started the save we were ranked 138th & peaked at 118th after the recent Asian Cup. I believe the lack of games they have played since the Asian Cup has been the major reason for the slight decline since.

Am having to edit all my screenshots at the moment, have advanced the game a little ways since my last update & am trying to hide some big news ;)

View attachment 302920

Pre-Season 2019/20

Expectations

View attachment 302918

No surprises that the board will once again expect me to win the league & reach the semi's of the ACC. They are yet to inform me of expectations in the domestic cups but I think its fair to say I will be expected to win those as well.

In order to achieve these goals I have been handed the completely insane figures below....

View attachment 302917

So the wage budget (23K) is approximately the same as last year however I have been handed an extraordinary transfer budget of 575,000 pounds! Considering the clubs current financial outlook that is ridiculous!

View attachment 302905

View attachment 302916

Before I have spent a cent of the money the board have handed me the club is projected to be 1.6 million pound in debt by the end of the year! Who are these mad men that have decided to give me this money? Lets hope they have deep pockets!

I would much prefer that money be spent on improving facilities & such but unfortunately there is no option to re-invest it!

New Faces

Despite my massive budget I am caught in 2 minds as to what to do with it. On one hand I feel the squad is strong enough to challenge for the title as it is, so I think I should be financially responsible. On the other hand I'm finding it hard to resist the urge to (at least try to) bring in some relatively big names such as Yaser Kasim, Nathan Sinkala & Jozy Altidore.

As it is my only new arrival at the minute is one I signed 6 months ago.

Taljinder Singh

View attachment 302901

Asian Cup star Taljinder Singh is the only new arrival at Salt Lake Stadium so far this year. Able to play on the right or in the middle he should prove to be a handy addition to the squad & adds to an already strong group of local talent.

View attachment 302881

ACC Quarter Final Draw

View attachment 302887

Once again the draw seems to have been kind to us. Liberian side Ansar shouldn't provide us with too many problem's. Then again, at this stage of the competition there are no easy games.

Pre-Season Results

View attachment 302919

Just the 3 friendlies to report on before our ACC Quarter final tie against Ansar of Liberia kicks off. All 3 games proved to be easy victories against weaker opposition. Rotated my squad a bit & gave everyone a bit a game time but obviously match fitness could be an issue heading into our ACC Quarter Final match up.

View attachment 302877

Lippo named U23's Manager

India manager Wim Koevermans has today unveiled East Bengal boss C.J. Lippo as the man to guide the Indian under 23 national side at the up coming Asian Games.

Lippo, who is preparing for his 6th season as an I-League manager, has shown a flair for discovering & developing young talent over the years & it is thought his eye for recognising potential was key to his appointment.

In a brief statement the media shy manager had the following to say.

" I am pleased that Wim has handed me the opportunity to work with & develop the future stars of Indian football. It is a massive honour!"

India's Asian Games campaign will begin with a game against South Korea under 23's on the 15th of September.​

Haha! Great opportunity to improve the youth team!

Haha! Great opportunity to improve the youth team!

Yea, couldnt knock it back. Maybe even a chance to play at an olympic games!

Also, im almost ashamed to say this but in all the years ive played FM i have never managed a national side so the youth team will give me a chance to get the jist of it before hopefully taking on the top job :)

Any advice for an international noob would be appreciated! ;)

Last edited:
The board have gone mad!!! Pity you can't use the money to upgrade facilities.

Are Altidore & the others actually willing to join you? I would think Altidore would be a massive signing in India, how old is he now?

The board have gone mad!!! Pity you can't use the money to upgrade facilities.

Are Altidore & the others actually willing to join you? I would think Altidore would be a massive signing in India, how old is he now?

Dont have the game in front of me atm but i think Jozy is 28? so still got plenty of good years in him at this level!

They are all willing to join & tbh Altidore would be wearing red & gold now if he didnt insist on having the "match highest earner" clause active. Can match all his other demands but the board wont let me offer him that.

Sinkala's demands are very high but i may be able to make the difference up with bonuses, havent actually tested the waters with him. Kasim would join in a heartbeat but i am currently exploring regen options at DM which would represent better value for money imo.

View attachment 302546

View attachment 302542

Not a bad group by the looks. Obviously South Korea will be favourites, Bahrain are ranked slightly higher then we are atm but are still very beatable & we shouldn't have too many problems with Myanmar. Feeling positive about our chances of progressing.

View attachment 302541

View attachment 302539

My first international squad selection! Where to start?

Have selected newly declared Brentford fullback Malvind Benning & East Bengal Duo Gurinder Kumar & Dika as my 3 "overage" players. The rest of the squad pretty much picked itself, most of these guys are playing in the full squad anyway. On top of our leading players I have also selected a few youngsters essentially on potential alone the most notable of which would be East Bengal CB Mohd Nasirul Rahman.

In all I have selected 8 East Bengal players. Hopefully it doesn't affect our league performance too much. It shouldn't do, we have plenty of depth, I hope.....

View attachment 302538

Didn't pick my squad with a specific formation in mind so am still experimenting however a standard 4-4-2 seems to be our most suitable formation. My main concern is the lack of depth in midfield, a few injuries in there & I could have to get "creative" with my selections.

Congrats on getting to be the U23's manager! Nice way of advancing to the next level if you will. Should also allow for you to step up when Koevermans decides that it is time for his retirement lol :p.

Also looking forward to see if you can retain the ACC title! :)

Well done on the u23's role!! Should turn out quite nice for you!! Blood a few of your younger players!!

View attachment 300905

Quarter Final 1st Leg
Tuesday 27/8/2019

Ansar (Lib) vs East Bengal
Beirut Municipal Stadium, Attendance: 3,552

Line-ups

View attachment 300904

Have picked a fairly predictable 11 for this match, the only surprise may be the absence of Mrisho Ngasa preferring to start with Dika on the left & Salomao on the right.

Ansar are playing a narrow diamond in midfield which means they will out number us through the middle but we should find plenty of space on the flanks.

Result

View attachment 300903

A very tight first half saw us head to the break 1-0 down despite slightly edging it imo. Ansar got very lucky when a pin ball type scramble in the box broke for one of their strikers to calmly slot home past the keeper.

The second half was a much more open affair with both sides having chances. We were unlucky again to concede our second from a corner & even more so to let in a 3rd two minutes later!!!

It looked as though it was to be another very frustrating game & the end of our Confederation Cup defence but, to my complete surprise, we stormed back into it late & will take only a 1 goal deficit back to Kolkata, very happy with that after trailing 3-0 with 10 minutes to play!!!!

View attachment 300705

2019 Asian Games Lead Up
Saturday 31/8/2019

Ipswich vs Brentford
Coca-Cola Championship

Decided to make the 16+ hour trip to Ipswich, England to watch the only player in my Asian Games squad based outside of India.

View attachment 300697

Line-ups

View attachment 300702

Unfortunately, upon arrival at Portman Road, I was informed that Malvind Benning had been left out of the Brentford squad! Oh well, nothing else to do but settle in for some entertaining English football I guess.

Result

View attachment 300696

Brentford secure a very important, though very lucky, win which not only moves them out of the relegation zone but also condems Ipswich to last place on the Championship table. A first half Ricky Van Wolfswinkel goal doubled in the second half by a embarrassing Tommy Spurr own goal.

View attachment 300695

I have obviously confused the British press with my attendance of the game. To be honest, apart from enjoying a tasty pie & a few beers, I'm not exactly sure myself why I bothered! Oh well only another 16 hours to get home!!!

View attachment 299489

India to play Pakistan

View attachment 299484

India under 23's manager C.J. Lippo has today announced that India will play arch rivals Pakistan in a friendly match in preparation for the Asian Games.

The match, which will be played on the 8th of September, will be India's final game before the Asian Games & the only chance the new boss will have to assess all of his players before the tournament begins.

"Although Pakistan are ranked well below us the fierceness of the rivalry between the two nations will be the perfect environment for myself & my staff to assess the guys in what I am sure will be a competitive match."

Hey Lippo, glad to see that you're still going strong with this save. Would you mind updating your asian competition qualification list? Plus also on the cup and competition rankings. Especially India's. Thanks! =)

Hey Lippo, glad to see that you're still going strong with this save. Would you mind updating your asian competition qualification list? Plus also on the cup and competition rankings. Especially India's. Thanks! =)

Am actually taking a bit of a break from this to work on a new story http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2015-manager-stories/260475-life-after-depor.html but never fear I will be returning to this when Manuel finishes his season at Notts County ;)

As far as the qualification spots & league rankings go they are yet to be updated since last season, think that happens just before the I-League kicks off. Think I already posted them earlier but will do it again so you don't have to flick back through all the pages.

Competition Rankings

View attachment 298582

View attachment 298581

Asian Qualification

View attachment 298580

Got a pleasant surprise when I looked at this, the prize money for the winner has risen to 121,000!!! More incentive to win the league!

The Federation Cup isn't showing any continental qualifying spots atm, perhaps because the ACC is still in progress? so haven't bothered putting up a screenie. Hope that is what you were looking for :)

Am actually taking a bit of a break from this to work on a new story http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2015-manager-stories/260475-life-after-depor.html but never fear I will be returning to this when Manuel finishes his season at Notts County ;)

As far as the qualification spots & league rankings go they are yet to be updated since last season, think that happens just before the I-League kicks off. Think I already posted them earlier but will do it again so you don't have to flick back through all the pages.

Competition Rankings

View attachment 777664

View attachment 777665

Asian Qualification

View attachment 777667

Got a pleasant surprise when I looked at this, the prize money for the winner has risen to 121,000!!! More incentive to win the league!

The Federation Cup isn't showing any continental qualifying spots atm, perhaps because the ACC is still in progress? so haven't bothered putting up a screenie. Hope that is what you were looking for :)

Oh!! Wokey! =D
Well it seems like you're doing quite well. Indian competition rankings are going up. Thumbs up!!