Giving Les Lionceaux Its Roar - An FC Sochaux-Montbe Story

Reaction score

FC_Sochaux-Montbéliard_logo.png

Giving Les Lionceaux Its Roar
A FC Sochaux-Montbe Story

Sochaux – A History

auguste1.jpg

One of the five founders still in Ligue 1, Sochaux was created in 1928 by Jean-Pierre Peugeot, the then director of the car manufacturer of the same name.

The club has an outstanding youth academy, regularly finishing in the top 10 in France, in a country that produces a lot of young talent from not only home but also across Africa. Notable products of this system are El-Hadji Diouf, Benoit Pedretti and Jeremy Menez.

In its history, Les Lionceaux has won 2 Ligue 1 title, both in the 30’s, the Coupe de France twice, most recently in 2007, and the Coupe de la Ligue once.

The club had a sensational season last season, finishing 5th​, therefore gaining entry into the Europa League for 2011/2012 and with Marvin Martin finishing the season with the most assists in the entire league.

This season, they will not be aiming so high, but there are expectations to take that success, and make sure that in the long term is turned into regular visits to Europe.

----------

Lacombe removes Bazdarevic from managerial post

bazdarevic-en-profite.jpg

Sochaux chairman Alexandre Lacombe has fired manager Mehmed Bazdarevic after being photographed with Citroen rally champion Sebastian Loeb.

Lacombe states that he feels his reaction to the photograph was not over the top, but believed it mocked the club’s proud heritage.

Mr Lacombe said: “We are proud of our Peugeot roots, and the company is still a big part of the club. For him to fraternize with Citroen cannot simply be forgiven.”

He announced that a press conference will be held tomorrow to announce the club’s new manager.

----------

Nathan Staples is the new Sochaux manager

2180665249_small_1.jpg

Sochaux chairman Alexandre Lacombe has revealed that Nathan Staples will be the man to replace disgraced Mehmed Bazdarevic.

This comes after Bazdarevic was removed after being photographed with Citroen rally champion Sebastian Loeb, with the club’s link to Peugeot given as the reason.

Mr Lacombe said: “We took our time in our appointment, and we believe that Mr Staples has shown incredible ambitions and he can take this club to new heights.”

Mr Staples, inexperienced as a manager, has stated he will make sure he does not suffer the wrath of Mr Lacombe.

He said: “Well, he says ambition because I just bought myself a 206! Jokes aside, this is a great club, I’m very grateful of the opportunity, and I feel that we have the quality to really push on this season.”

Mr Staples’ first official test will come in the form of Marseille on the 6th​ August.

----------

Manager's Notes:

“Well, the boss is a nutcase, but this is one **** of a job. They have impeccable facilities, great talent already in the squad and youth players that could become world stars. I can’t wait to dig in!”

----------

I was hoping you started a story with this team!
There isn't enough french stories :p
I'll be following!

Good start mate, i will follow ! Could you check out my story ? don't mean to beg it but not sure if it's good enough haha

Thanks guys, and I saw your beginning Beast mate, I'm gonna have a second look now.

Just finished pre-season gamewise literally 2 mins ago, so I'll write the update and slap it up asap!

FC_Sochaux-Montbéliard_logo.png

Pre-Season in Sochaux

Before I started, I thought I had walked into a wonder job. Was I right? Let’s see a review of my first month and pre-season in France.”

----------

First Team Squad

0,,10268~3761974,00.jpg

“Looking around at the first team meeting, I could see in their faces the excitement for the season ahead. The side was impressive last season, was brimming with confidence and really worked hard in our first training session. Here is a quick look at some of the top performers.”

Goalkeeper – Teddy Richert

View attachment 212081

“The 36-year-old veteran will be a key influence on the young squad this season. Having been around since 1991, and having spent 11 of those years in Sochaux, the keeper has masses of experience. He is signed for two more seasons, where he hopefully will be replaced by his in-house protégé, 20-year-old Pierrick Cros.”

Centre-Back – Mathieu Peybernes

View attachment 212082

“In a team full of youthful prospects, Matt is one of the very best. At only 20, I will be looking at him to be playing the majority of games for me this season. Some may feel that is a risk, but this lad could be one of the best in the country, and has potential leadership abilities.”

Right-Back – Sebastian Corchia

View attachment 212084

“The next French national right-back, and no, that isn’t an overstatement, that is just how good Seb is. Bought by the previous manager from LEMANS, Sebastian already shows masses of quality beyond his age. At 20, not only are there plenty of years left in him, but masses of potential to be one of the world’s best.”

Centre Midfielder – Marvin Martin

View attachment 212085

“The best player in the club. Our heartbeat, MM is of the highest quality. The top assist maker last season, I will be looking at him to be the creative outlet in our side yet again. I will try my very best to convince the lad to stay at the club, but luckily for me the contract until 2015 puts all the cards in my hands.”

Right Winger – Ryad Boudebouz

View attachment 212086

“Another top, top prospect in the club, Ryad looks like he could already be a world beater. At 21, already in the Algerian squad, he will be an important cog in our attacking movements. I can’t wait to see how the lad progresses in the season’s ahead.”

Striker – Modibo Maiga

View attachment 212088

“A potent threat up-front, Maiga will hopefully be our biggest goal outlet. Out for the start of the season, Maiga will have to put his summer of discontent with the former manager and get on with playing football. If he doesn’t, Sloan Privat and Cedric Bakambu will delightfully step in his shoes.”

----------

The Tactics

4-5-1

View attachment 212090

“Here is my main starting tactic. I wanted strength in the centre, especially against the bigger sides, and that’s the main way to get it. I used this mostly during pre-season, and as you will see turned out quiet successful.”

4-2-4

View attachment 212092

“This is the more attacking line-up I will use when chasing a game, against a much weaker side or if injuries force a change. It works well for those reasons, but don’t expect to see this too often.”

----------

Transfers

View attachment 212093

In’s

“Unfortunately, due to budget constraints, only one signing of Johan Martial came through. A €2m buy option is in for the young CB, who will be used mainly as cover. In other first team news, I promoted young LB Jerome Roussilion, who will be cover for David Sauget, as he could become a real star in the future.”

Out’s

“Butin and Carlao were not needed any longer, so they were let go for a combined €2.5, but with the chairman only allowing 20% of transfers, it was invested back into the club. Rafael Dias will be able to show me his qualities out on loan at Stade Malherbe Caen.”

----------

Pre-Season Friendlies

View attachment 212094

“We started off with a 0-0 draw against Legia, and I thought it could only go up from there, and that it did! 5 straight wins!

We didn’t concede a goal all pre-season, and capped off some excellent performances with a 5-0 destruction of Benfica!

I couldn’t be happier, and what a way to start my career. Marseille is up first, a difficult game, but we are brimming with confidence!”

----------

Player of the Month – Ryad Boudebouz

View attachment 212086

“Marvin Martin and Mathieu Peybernes came close, but Boudebouz was outstanding in pre-season. He scored 5 goals, but in some amazing performances, and really came into his stride against West Ham and Benfica. Only increases my hope that he can be a major outlet this season.”

----------

The good thing about this, is that the OP gave a nice little history lesson about something I didn't know about concerning European football. Funky

Cheers gentleman!

And atj09, you learn something new everyday!

This will be the last update until probably boxing day/the 27th, I'll see how far I can get in the save.

I'll be interested to see how this goes mate as in the past i have done poor in France mainly on net games with Monaco and PSG on fm11. I like your layout its nice to read and good luck for the start of the season. Marsielle is abit harsh though first game.

If you fancy a read...

I will be supporting you all the way mate, I am actually in Montbelliard now and just got myself a sochaux kit, hoping to get an autograph from Marvin Martin as apparently he lives not far from here in Bethoncourt. good luck!

Sochaux chairman Alexandre Lacombe has fired manager Mehmed Bazdarevic after being photographed with Citroen rally champion Sebastian Loeb.

Lacombe states that he feels his reaction to the photograph was not over the top, but believed it mocked the club’s proud heritage.

Mr Lacombe said: “We are proud of our Peugeot roots, and the company is still a big part of the club. For him to fraternize with Citroen cannot simply be forgiven.”

lol, I thought Citroen was owned by Peugeot? nice layout!

You are correct!

I'd hope no-one would notice, couldn't think of another french car manufacture with an easily recognisable figurehead.

Haha renault!!! as i said i am in montbelliard and bethoncourt area at the moment and everyone hates renault here :))

Haha renault!!! as i said i am in montbelliard and bethoncourt area at the moment and everyone hates renault here :))

I could change that start to being photographed with Thierry Henry, famous for "Va Va Voom" with Renault?

And that's awesome dude! If you do meet Marvin, congratulate him on getting in the french side and let him know how awesome he is!

And btw guys, might be able to get an update just before Christmas Day of my first month.

It also involves who I draw in the 4th qualifying round for the Europa League!

Fantastic start mate , loving it already! Thanks for all the support for my story , i'll be sure to give you 100% support in this.

Ohhh, injuries are a nightmare in this game, especially when you have a young team!