Giving Les Lionceaux Its Roar - An FC Sochaux-Montbe Story

What annoys me is that the computer doesn't face any injury problems!

FC_Sochaux-Montbéliard_logo.png

The August
Review

“My first month in proper management, and I couldn’t be more excited. Ligue 1 and Europa League action this month, where we have shown me a **** of a lot.”

----------

Ligue 1 – Matchday 1

Marseille 3 – 2 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 212224

“The score-line means nothing this game, what I saw was heart. We started well, kept the ball away from Marseille’s danger-men, then disaster struck.

Bakambu had to be taken off, our only fit striker, and Ryad went up-front for the rest of the game. It got worse, they surged into a 2-0 lead then, with goals for Valbuena and Remy.

We knicked one through Brechet just before half time, but then more misery as Corchia stretchered off with a broken collar bone.

Sub Abdoul Camara pulled us back to 2-2, but a Rousillon own goal in the last minute killed us, but really not the lads fault.

We hit the bar from a Martin free-kick, had a 50-50 offside goal chalked off, and really deserved a point. What I take from this game is if we play like this again, we will win more often than not.”

Ligue 1 – Matchday 2

FC Sochaux-Montbe 2-0 Stade Malherbe Caen

View attachment 212225

“A game we should win, and we did with ease. Camara was used as a make-shift striker today, and grabbed himself two goals, one from 25 yards, and really impressed me. With an out-an-out striker though, we could have had 5 or 6.

The defence was great, but we have another injury, this time to Sauget, and also one for newly promoted Bosnian Sanjin Prcic.

I will be looking in the loan market before the Celtic game, hopefully for a right back and a striker.”

“Been told the loan signing John Martial will be out for 4 months when he returns. Will I get any luck this season?”

Europa League – 4th​ Qualifying Round – 1st​ Leg

Celtic 2 – 0 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 212227

“Shameful performance really. We should have got a goal, let two sloppy goals in and had Peybernes sent off.

The ref was very card happy, but we shouldn’t have allowed him to be, as all my defence was booked.

This puts us in a poor position in a week, but hopefully we will have a fitter squad to make up for this poor loss.”

Ligue 1 – Matchday 3

AS Nancy Lorraine 0 – 1 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 212228

“If only we had fit strikers. We had plenty of clear chances in this game, but Camara hit every single one at the keeper. Ryad comes up with the goods again to get us the three points, and the defence was superb again today.

Sloan Privat is fit again, and will start against Celtic, but Camara has really saved my skin on occasion, and I thank him.

We have also managed to sign Yoann Andreu for cover, but has got injured, good start lad!”

Europa League – 4th​ Qualifying Round – 2nd​ Leg

FC Sochaux-Montbe 5 – 1 Celtic

View attachment 212229

“Absolutely unbelievable! The heart that I saw In that game against Marseille, it’s back!

The important thing in this game, I believe, was the fit again Sloan Privat. He scored twice, and kept the ball superbly in our possession.

The only blemish was the own goal by Poujol, but he did grab himself a goal at the other end.

Other goals from Quentin Pereria (cover I brought in from the reserves) and the excellent Abdoul Camara.

After the awful away loss, this has really put the lads in a good mood. The only shame is another injury, this time to Sebastien Roudet.”

Europa League Draw

europa_league_draw_1471239c.jpg

“I waited with baited breath for the draw, hoping to have a smooth ride in the Europa League.

They went through the first pot, then we came up in the second pot.”

Drawn with Wisla Krakow in Group H is… FC SOCHAUX-MONTBE!”

“Wisla. Not the easiest of teams, but we should be beating them.”

“In Group H will go…ANDERLECHT!”

“The Belgians join us, another potentially winnable game.”

“The final team in Group H will be…VILLAREAL!”

“Ouch, Villareal are a good side, but overall, the group is promising, there is a chance of qualifying here.”

Ligue 1 – Matchday 4

FC Sochaux-Montbe 2 – 0 AS Saint-Etienne

View attachment 212226

“Another very positive win in Ligue 1 for the lads, and the third game straight with a clean sheet.

This time though, we didn’t have it all our way. They pressed us a lot, but the main factor was their 9 shots with 1 on target, with our defence forcing them to shoot from long range.

Another superb performance, and another double, for youngster Sloan Prviat. He couldn’t have come into form at a better time, and with a break for internationals now, it gives a chance for others to regain fitness.”

----------

Review of August

View attachment 212237

This was a good first month. We managed to reach one of my aims, which was qualification to the group stages of the Europa League, although we did it the hard way. We have had a lot of injuries, but credit to my team for rallying in the face of adversity.
You can see just how well they have done, second after 4 games, a good start.”

Injury List

Roudet – 4 to 5 weeks
Corchia – 3 to 4 weeks
Martial – 2 to 3 months
Andreu – 2 to 3 weeks
Prcic – 5 to 10 days
Bakambu – 10 days to 3 weeks
Maiga – 1 to 3 days
Sauget – 2 to 7 days

Player of the Month

Abdoul Camara

View attachment 212238

“This was a close call between Abdoul and Sloan, but Camara edges it for me. We needed someone to help with all the injuries up front, and he put in a great effort when called upon. 4 goals, 3 in the league, have really help, and he will be a big part of our season.”

----------

Nice update there mate! Not a bad Europa League draw , i played Wisla Twice last year in the Europa league and beat them easy enough and had a friendly against Anderlecht , very beatable. Not quite sure about Villarreal though, hopefully you won't be plagued with any more injuries.

Nice update there mate! Not a bad Europa League draw , i played Wisla Twice last year in the Europa league and beat them easy enough and had a friendly against Anderlecht , very beatable. Not quite sure about Villarreal though, hopefully you won't be plagued with any more injuries.

I'm just glad we have about 2 weeks off, with the possibility of 4 players being back!

But you can see clearly that I've had problems, but all the credit to the squad, they have proven everyone wrong.

Whatever you do, keep Boudebouz forever! I'm currently in my 5th season and he's been the league leader in assists for 2 years in a row and was Player of the Season. His current value grew to 18 million, and I've been offered 35 Million for him. I rejected of course :p

Really enjoying the start of this story. Never really tried managing in France, but I'm considering giving it a go after I get bored of my Portsmouth save

Whatever you do, keep Boudebouz forever! I'm currently in my 5th season and he's been the league leader in assists for 2 years in a row and was Player of the Season. His current value grew to 18 million, and I've been offered 35 Million for him. I rejected of course :p

Haha I plan to keep Ryad for a long while, he's a superb player.

Really enjoying the start of this story. Never really tried managing in France, but I'm considering giving it a go after I get bored of my Portsmouth save

It's fun, but not many teams have a good budget.

The best thing? Most have a very good youth system. Rennais/Brest/Montpellier/Nancy all have good youth players.

Right, if the website can be good for an hour or so, I'll have an update ready tonight :)

Sweet , it's running smoothly again after maintenance.

Yeah I've noticed just now haha, I'm off to the pub at 7, then I'll play the save when I get back in.

Any updates coming man? Was really interested in this.

Sorry, I've been pretty occupied with uni stuff this week.

I'll hopefully have an update tonight, if not it'll be in process tonight to be posted tomorrow.

I'll pick it up properly next week with more regular updates, as I have two weeks off.

The update is finished, but my Uni work is not.

I'm handing one in tomorrow, so I'll be out all day and finishing one off, so it won't be tomorrow either.

I WILL 100% POST IT ON FRIDAY. It is sorted, I just need the time to properly post it.

See you Friday guys!

FC_Sochaux-Montbéliard_logo.png

The September
Review

"We really got off to a great start to the season, but as we turn into Autumn, can we keep it up? We have to not only go away to Champions Lille in the league, but have two Europa League games this month, so I feel this could be the start of something special, or we are going to hit the ground with a relatively hard bump."

----------

Ligue 1 – Matchday 5

FC Sochaux-Montbe 2 - 0 FC Lorient

View attachment 214342

“This was a very, very pleasing result. As we have a midweek game, I decided to give some of the more fringe players a chance, and they really performed for me today.

Players like Pierre Cros, Serdar Gurler and Jerome Roussillon were superb, and it allowed me to rest some players before our first dip into the Europa League.”

Europa League Group H – Matchday 1

Wisla Krakow 0 – 5 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 214343

“Unbelievable, simply unbelievable. If we wanted to progress to the latter stages, we had to get the three points here, and I know it was our first proper game in Europe, but I knew the lads could pull something from the game.

They pulled more than something, they pulled out a jackhammer and slammed through the Krakow defence again and again, and the 5 goals were well deserved.

Boudebouz, Martin and Camara were all superb here, there is literally no more words to explain how pleased I am.”

Ligue 1 – Matchday 6

LOSC Lille 4 – 5 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 214344

“Well, it was a great game for the neutral that’s for sure.

There were positives, our attacking movements were great, Maiga grabbed his first two goals of the season, Camara continues to impress and we can out-score any opponent.

There were negatives, too. With Brechet injured, we lacked leadership at the back, and Poujol, his replacement, was dreadful.

Teddy Richert was re-instated to the side too, and was at fault for two of the goals, which at least makes the decision for who to be number 1 is getting easier.

Injuries at the back are piling up, I hope to get through the next game without picking up anything else, because the games are coming thick and fast.”

Ligue 1 – Matchday 7

FC Sochaux-Montbe 1 – 1 Stade Rennais FC

View attachment 214345

“A dull game in all honesty. Both teams tried, but failed, to make the game exciting. We didn’t play poorly, but we didn’t excite like we can.

Corchia and others will be back for Sunday, hopefully, so hopefully we can put this dull performance behind us and grab three more points.”

Ligue 1 – Matchday 8

AJ Auxerre 1 – 0 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 214346

“Really disappointed from an attacking point of view, as we never looked like scoring. Their goal looked offside to me, but overall our defence was good. Corchia came on for a half, which is a positive, but we will move this one out of our minds rather quickly”

Europa League Group H – Matchday 2

FC Sochaux-Montbe 0 – 0 Villarreal

View attachment 214349

"What a massive result this could turn out to be. We were the better side, we just didn't test the goalkeeper enough.

Had we won this game, we would have really had a great chance to get out of this group, but I would most definitely take a point from this!"

----------

Review of September

View attachment 214351

"All in all, I can be pleased where this month went. We haven't lost in Europe, and only the result against Auxerre that really disappointed me. We are still sitting second, but it is squeezing tighter around us."

Injury List

Johan Martial - 3 to 6 weeks
Sloan Privat - 3 weeks
Vincent Nogueira - 2 to 3 weeks
Sanjin Prcic - 1 to 2 days
Jeremie Brechet - 1 day

Player of the Month

Pierrick Cros

View attachment 214354

"In a month full of surprises, I was most pleased about this one. Pierrick was persistent in wanting a chance at the first team, and he took it with both hands, literally.

He only conceded twice in 5 games, and when Teddy was given the chance to shut Cros' claim, he flailed.

At this moment in time, he's my number one. If he keeps it up, he will be for a very, very long time."

----------

How nice am I? An update a day early, and I might still be able to have one for tomorrow also!

Enjoy!

Update: I should definitely have one for tonight too!

Last edited:
Apologies!

The October Update will be up tomorrow, as I'm going to get ******.

Enjoy the September one those who haven't seen it yet!