Giving Les Lionceaux Its Roar - An FC Sochaux-Montbe Story

I have decided to go with Lyon, and the reason is that they won the league for seven consecutive years up until 2008 and that was the last year. I am going to try and get this team back on track in the league, get the finances up and challenge in Europe for the Champions League. I am going to try for a treble within 3 years by winning the League, the French Cup, and either Europa League or the Champs League. Let me know what you think of this friend. Look forward to the next update as well!

Sounds good mate!

If I have any advice, keep Lloris at all costs, he is literally unbeatable at times.

Apologies for the lack of updates recently, but I promise I won't hit you with just one, not two, but three updates over this weekend!

Sounds good mate!

If I have any advice, keep Lloris at all costs, he is literally unbeatable at times.

Apologies for the lack of updates recently, but I promise I won't hit you with just one, not two, but three updates over this weekend!

I did a complete 180 here. I had planned on going with Lyon and starting a save in Ligue 1, **** did that change. I decided to take my talents to the Danish Superliga and manage FC Kobenhavn. Not going to be much of a challenge in league and cup play within the league but I think this team is very capable of winning a UCL or Europa league within a couple years, which will be my objective.

Great youth players, great facilities. The only downside is no money at all in the beginning. I think somewhere around $1.3M. I will try and have my first update tomorrow evening. Hopefully the Danish League can attract some readers! Looking forward to your update as well mate!

I did a complete 180 here. I had planned on going with Lyon and starting a save in Ligue 1, **** did that change. I decided to take my talents to the Danish Superliga and manage FC Kobenhavn. Not going to be much of a challenge in league and cup play within the league but I think this team is very capable of winning a UCL or Europa league within a couple years, which will be my objective.

Great youth players, great facilities. The only downside is no money at all in the beginning. I think somewhere around $1.3M. I will try and have my first update tomorrow evening. Hopefully the Danish League can attract some readers! Looking forward to your update as well mate!

Fair does mate, similar idea to what I'm thinking about next.

And trust me mate, money doesn't matter, as clear from my first season as I could barely scrape 500k from sales!

FC_Sochaux-Montbéliard_logo.png

Winter Break 2012/2013

Our Season So Far – Halfway Point

View attachment 222807

View attachment 222808

“The season so far has exceeded my own expectations from Pre-Season.

We started off nicely in the league, winning our first three before hitting a bit of a lull of a two points in three games. From there, we really kicked on, winning 9 out of 10 games, and drawing the other against Lyon.

We finished with one loss and two wins, and have a nice 5 point cushion over second, but third have a game in hand to get closer than that. It would be sensational to be anywhere near here at the end of the season, Champions League Qualification is a real possibility.

In the Europa League, we dominated the group in emphatic fashion, and now we can look ahead to the knockout stages, where we will again just see how far we can go.

Disappointed to be out of the Coupe de la Ligue early on, although it was to Saint-Etienne, so I will look to progress a little more in the French Cup, where we will start against Caen in the 9th​ Round.

Just to let you know, I had been offered the Spartak Moscow job, that I soundly rejected.

----------

Europa League Draw

europa_league_draw_1471239c.jpg

“We arrived for the draw for the 1st​ and 2nd​ knockout draw, full of optimism.

We came here as returning champions, which puts a larger target on our backs than our run last season. Myself and Alexandre Lacombe sat down, ready for the draw to be made.”

“FC SOCHAUX-MONTBE, our returning champions, will go up against Russian side SPARTAK MOSCOW!”

“Wow. Got offered the job there over the summer, will be interesting facing a team in a little bit of dire straits in the league, and some financial problems with wages.

We settled down, awaiting who we could face if we beat Spartak.”

“The winner of the SOCHAUX/SPARTAK match will go on to face either FC SCHALKE 04 or ARSENAL!”

“Again, wow. Some difficult draws for us. Schalke are a very good team with some promising young players in their squad and Arsenal are clearly a very good team, and I would adore a chance to have a go against an English side.”

----------

Awards

"I'm delighted to announce that two of our players came close to winning some big awards for the year, and the club are delighted that these two have been recognised.

African Player of the Year - 2nd Place - Ryad Boudebouz

View attachment 222810

"Delighted for Ryad, who I think from the stats shown should have won the award. But there is no bitterness towards Yaya Toure, he's a sensational player, I just feel that Ryad has grown into a world class winger, and is only going to get better.

He will win this award eventually."

French Player of the Year - 3rd Place - Marvin Martin

View attachment 222811

"In an award full of talent, Marvin should be delighted with a very good 3rd place. To be behind players like Frank Ribery and Bacary Sagna holds no shame, it shows you just what sort of quality he brings to the team."

----------

Friendlies

FC Sochaux-Montbe 2 – 1 Bayern Munich

View attachment 222812

“A good game really, and really gave the lads a nice game during the winter break.

Yes, I played Ospina up-front for 20 mins, but Maiga grabbed both goals. It was a good run out, and I thank Bayern for making the trip and giving us a good game.

----------

TRANSFER UPDATE
View attachment 222813

“We finally welcome Felix Bastians to the club!

The former Nottingham Forest and Freiburg left-back will definitely add to the squad, helping Rousillon in his development, and giving us some extra quality.

As for targets, I’m looking to get in a right winger and a striker as priorities. Mainly due to Maiga and Boudebouz’s involvement in the 2013 Afican Nations Cup, so I will need to supplement the squad. I may have to look at loans due to funds, but I will endeavour to sign a permanent striker after Bakambu’s departure.

I’ll keep you updated when I start to hone in on targets.

--------

Right, I went past the January update, so I'm blending the Jan/Feb one together.

Should be up late tonight/tomorrow.

The January and February Review2012/2013

"These two months could make or break our season. Either we will set us on a path to greatness, or we will fall completely off the cliff. A critical time, anything could happen.

----------

Ligue 1 – Matchday 20
FC Sochaux-Montbe 1 – 1 LOSC Lille Metrople

View attachment 224899

“A little disappointing in the end, as we were the better side.

We started off well, keeping good possession and having some good chances, more of which we should have put away, as clearly we paid the price.

They are a difficult opponent, but if we want to stay at the top we need to get wins.

French Cup – Round 9

Stade Malherbe Caen 1 – 2 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 224900

“Glad to get through, but this wasn’t a classic performance from the lads.

We went ahead early, and we were pegged back relatively quickly, but we continued to create chances and inevitably managed to convert a chance to win the game.

I’m glad to be through, but I’m a little cautios of our poor defending against counter attacks.”

Ligue 1 – Matchday 21

Paris Saint-Germain 1 – 2 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 224901

“A fantastic result away from home, which could be key at the end of the season.

We played resolutely in defence, although it was another counter-attack goal conceded, but we looked dangerous in attack all game and only Sirgu kept the score down.

We’ve done the double over PSG, which must dent their title ambitions.”

French Cup – Round 10

FC Sochaux-Montbe 1 – 2 Girondins Bordeaux

View attachment 224902

“I’m incredibly disappointed on this performance as, simply put, we should have won.

We had plenty of chances to score, and plenty that should really have been put away.

I’m disappointed to be going out, and the lads know that, but we will shift our focus solely to the league and cup now.”

Ligue 1 – Matchday 22

FC Sochaux-Montbe 1 – 1 AS Saint-Etienne

View attachment 224903

“Goals either side of half time see this game punch in as a draw.

We had the lion’s share of everything, possession, chances, but we just seemed to not take our chances yet again.

I’m more than happy that this will be the last time we see Saint-Etienne this season, but this does draw the teams behind us ever closer.”

Ligue 1 – Matchday 23

FC Metz 1 – 3 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 224904

“A comfortable win against struggling Metz.

We did well in the first half without managing to convert our domination into goals. However, in the second half, we finished almost every opportunity, and earned the three points in the end.”

Ligue 1 – Matchday 24

FC Sochaux-Montbe 1 – 0 AJ Auxerre

View attachment 224905

“We somehow get the three points in a game that we really struggled in.

Again, we found it hard to get our shots on target, only having 2 all game, but thank god Peybernes is so dangerous at corners.

Our next game is against Marseille, top versus second, hold them off and we can start creating some distance.”

Europa League – 1st​ Knockout Round – 1st​ Leg

Spartak Moscow 0 – 0 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 224906

“In a slightly boring game, we come away from Russia with a draw.

We kept the ball well, but we couldn’t carve through their defence and they looked the more dangerous on the counter.

Some will say that this gives Spartak the advantage, but I’m very confident in our home form and our chances of getting through.”

Ligue 1 – Matchday 25

Olympique Marseille 1 – 1 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 224914

“We ****** a draw out of the jaws of defeat!

We went down after Jonathon Ayew scored a good header, but we managed to battle on and eventually grab a goal with the very last kick of the game.

We stay 6 points above Marseille, a great result and a platform to kick on.”

Europa League – 1st​ Knockout Round – 2nd​ Leg

FC Sochaux-Montbe 2 – 0 Spartak Moscow

View attachment 224915

“We go through on merit, after we seemingly battered Spartak on the return leg.

We dominated possession, contained them to only one shot all game, and the game looked like only producing one outcome.

Ki Sung-Yong got himself sent off for the opposition late on, which compounded their frustration of not being able to penetrate our defensive line.

Schalke took out Arsenal, so we will be travelling to Gelsenkirchen in the next round.”

----------

Review of January and February

View attachment 224916
(Yes, it's a game ahead, accidentally went a game ahead)

“A good couple of months. We got some good results in the league, which has put us on top and given us a gap between ourselves and second place.

I’m more pleased on the growing gap between ourselves and fourth, as Champions League football is looking more and more likely, and that would be a terrific result.

Delighted to be through in the Europa League too, although Schalke will be a tough test and it will be a big effort to go through.”

Player of the Month

Felix Bastians and Geoffrey Kondogbia

View attachment 224919

View attachment 224920

“I decided to give this award to two players this month, for different reasons.

Felix has settled in beautifully, and that’s defined by his 7.42 average from his first 7 games. He is exactly the player we needed, not only as we lacked quality depth at left-back, but also it will give Rousillon time to rest and not play every game.

I was a big fan of Geoff when I signed him at 18, my first signing, and he’s growing into that potential he showed. He’s done excellent when replacing Anin after his red card, and he’s grown in my favour. Hopefully it will be more difficult to pick my starting DM from now on.”

----------

Good update. You're doing great in the league as well!

The March Review2012/2013

“The big month. I always feel that February shapes your last few months, but March can either give you the momentum to achieve or can kick the wheels off.”

----------

Ligue 1 – Matchday 26
FC Sochaux-Montbe 1 – 0 AC Ajaccio

View attachment 225113

“A good win in a game we really had in the back pocket.

We really looked in control for long periods, even though Ajaccio had their chances, and all in all we deserved to win.

I would have liked to win by a bit more, but three points in any game is crucial at this point in the season.”

Ligue 1 – Matchday 27

FC Sochaux-Montbe 1 – 0 LEMANS FC

View attachment 225116

“Again, another case of domination against a lower tabled side.

16 shots, 7 on target and 59% possession says it all. I am a little disappointed it ended 1-0 again, but again it’s three points on the board as we get closer to the finishing line.”

Europa League – 2nd​ Knockout Round – 1st​ Leg

FC Sochaux-Montbe 2 – 0 Schalke 04

View attachment 225117

“A very impressive European win against a top German side in Schalke.

They kept the ball well, and crafted chances of their own, but we managed to be much more clinical, which was key to our victory.

Jermaine Jones getting himself sent off helped, but we had won the game by then, and put ourselves in a magnificent position to go to Gelsenkirchen and going through to the Quarter Finals.”

Ligue 1 – Matchday 28

Montpellier Herault SC 0 – 2 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 225118

“We got the win here, but this is a game that didn’t go our way completely.

We looked a little lacklustre in periods, allowing Montpellier plenty of possession, but at least managing to constrain them to only long range efforts, hence the only one on target.
I think 2 goals was a little harsh, but then again we've had two 1-0's in a row."

Europa League – 2nd​ Knockout Round – 2nd​ Leg

Schalke 04 3(3) – (3)1 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 225119

“I used to hate the away goals rule, but now I love it!

We went 1-0 down at half time, and I risked it for fitness and other reasons, and it backfired. I used all three subs, Nogeira got injured and we were 10 men, and they got it to 3-0.

Then, Kevin Anin gets himself a second yellow protesting the third goal, so we were down to 9. Last minute, and Abdoul Camara got us the goal that sends us through.

I made sure they knew the performance wasn’t acceptable, but somehow we are through.”

-----------

Europa League Draw

europa_league_draw_1471239c.jpg

“Here we go again, myself and Lacombe are in Nyon, awaiting to see who we will go on to face in the Quarter Finals, and who we may face in the semi’s if we go that far.”

“The reigning champions SOCHAUX will face…VILLAREAL IN THE QUARTER FINALS!”

“A rematch against last year’s group opponents. Should be a good set of games, and we can go into them full of confidence.

“The winner of SOCHAUX/VILLAREAL will go on to face either…WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS or JUVENTUS!”

“Wow. If it’s Wolves, I get to go back to England and attempt to go through to the final, or if it’s Juventus, we go against The Old Lady of Italian football in a clash I only dreamed of. If we get through, that is.”

----------

Ligue 1 – Matchday 29
Stade Rennais 0 – 1 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 225120

“Somehow, someway, we managed to win this game.

In all honesty, we were pretty awful. We couldn’t keep the ball, or our concentration, and on another day we could have been destroyed.

But again, these are games that win championships, now how many times will I say that this season?”

----------

TRANSFER CLOCKWATCH

View attachment 225121

“I’m constantly looking at potential newcomers to the club, and Leandro could be the one to send us to that next level.

On the transfer list at Real Madrid, the Brazilian U-20 international has some sensational stats, and could become a world superstar.

At around 8 million euros, he could be a bargain.

View attachment 225122

Another player is Erik Lamela, as the Argentine is on the transfer list at Roma.

A sensational player, who can play as an attacking midfielder and on wide left, he may cost a good 4-6 million euros, but he looks worth it.

But, of course, this is only if we get the funds. A man can dream, right?”

----------

Review of March

View attachment 225123

“A good month. 4 straight wins in the league, keeping a clean sheet in each, which is an immense achievement from the boys in this crucial part of the season, and has put us in the prime position with 9 games to go.

We stumbled through in the Europa League, but anything is still a bonus in this competition. In my eyes, Ligue 1 will come first this season, but we are in it to win it again, and would be a magnificent achievement to retain our crown.”

Player of the Month

David Ospina

View attachment 225124

“I thought that I had a superb keeper in Pierrick Cros, but my word, Ospina is world class.

He managed to keep 6 clean sheets in the last 7, and has had 12 clean sheets in his 20 games, only conceding 11. That is almost superhuman numbers, and I’m delighted with him.

I will give Cros some more opportunities, because I want to keep them both on their toes. I’m delighted that I have two terrific goalkeepers at my disposal, it’s a massive advantage.”

----------

The April Review2012/2013

“As the great Sir Alex Ferguson would say, this is squeaky *** time.

We have about 9 games left of the season, and we can close it out with some great results here, and potentially almost seal it before the final stretch.”

-----------

Ligue 1 – Matchday 30

FC Sochaux-Montbe 1 – 4 Girondins Bordeaux

View attachment 225493

“A shocker of a result if I’m honest.

We were dreadful throughout, not keeping the ball, no flow to our attacking moves, and defensively we just could not keep them out. All credit to Bordeaux, they fully deserved it.

Our game in hand wasted, we are only 8 points in-front of Lyon, when it could have been 11.”

Ligue 1 – Matchday 31

FC Sochaux-Montbe 0 – 0 Valenciennes FC

View attachment 225494

“A poor display in the end, as we are beginning to stutter late on.

Valenciennes played well, in all honesty, and we just couldn’t get past their brick wall and put it in the back of the net.

Lyon win and close the gap to six points. We travel to Lyon in the next game, which could be a real title decider.”

Europa League – Quarter-Finals – 1st​ Leg

FC Sochaux-Montbe 2 – 1 Villarreal

View attachment 225496

“A win is a win, but the away goal is a worry.

We were the better side in all honesty, and would have probably scored more had it not been for Diego Alves. We gave Rossi time in the box, and that usually is suicide.

We go to Spain next week with the most slender of leads, and in my opinion, we will have to go and score.”

Ligue 1 – Matchday 32
Olympique Lyonnais 1 – 3 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 225497

“BIG WIN.

In a game where we allowed them to keep the ball, but we were a much more clinical side and deserved the three points.

I couldn’t believe we had won at the final whistle, as we take a 9 point lead into the final 6 games, could we really become champions?”

Europa League – Quarter-Final – 2nd​ Leg

Villarreal 0 (1) – (3) 1 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 225501

“A very professional performance from the lads, as we manage to reach the semi-finals.

We looked the better side throughout, and we weren’t ever really caught out at the back, and Kondogbia had a sensational game cutting out the Rossi threat.

We go on to face Wolves, who pulled out a 4-1 win at Juventus, so they will be as difficult as anyone left in the competition.”

Ligue 1 – Matchday 33

FC Sochaux-Montbe 1 – 0 AS Nancy Lorraine

View attachment 225502

“Is 1-0 to the Sochaux becoming a pattern?

It was a good game, that we deserved to win yet again, but we probably should have put more past Nancy, but keeper Ndy Assembe was superb.

We go 12 points ahead, with 5 games remaining. It’s within our grasp.”

Europa League – Semi-Final – 1st​ Leg

Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 – 1 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 225504

“There’s only one positive of this game, and that’s the away goal.

We didn’t perform at all well, which might be a sign of fatigue over the long season, but at least we came out of here with something.

We should be winning at home in the return leg, and we will be in our second Europa League Final in a row.”

-----------

Review of April

View attachment 225505

“This month was the definition of squeaky *** time.

We are so close to winning the league, we practically have one hand on the trophy. Barring a horrendous collapse, we should be Ligue 1 Champions, which will be an immense achievement for the lads. We’ve qualified for the Champions League next season, which is already a big goal to achieve.

We take the smallest of advantages back home after the 1-1 draw in England, and we could reach another European Final. To have even a shot at a double would be an absolutely immense feat from the boys, and another night of Final magic would end perfectly a great season.”

----------

Player of the Month

Sebastien Corchia

View attachment 225507

“When we needed a little composure in the closing stages, Seb showed plenty of it.

Didn’t get beaten all month, really, and is a key part to our young defence.”

----------

Right, I've just played through the season, I'll put up the stuff later as I'm deciding how to lay it out.

Hope people are still following!

The May Review2012/2013

(The last game is on June 1st​, but nevermind.)

“The final hurdle. Will we win the league? Will we reach the Europa League Final? All shall be revealed!”

----------

Ligue 1 – Matchday 34

Stade Malharbe Caen 0 – 0 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 225832

“An awful game, that we should have stolen.

Ryad misses a penalty in the last minute, and in the end, we didn’t deserve one point, nevermind three.
One more win will seal the title, but we need to do better.”

Europa League – Semi-Final – 2nd​ Leg
FC Sochaux-Montbe 1 (2) – (1) 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
View attachment 225833

“We are through to the final, again!

Another solid display from the lads here, couldn’t be happier at getting to the Europa League final again, Ospina hardly had to lift a finger.

This time, we face Athletic Bilbao in the final, should be another epic!”

Ligue 1 – Matchday 35
Stade Brestois 29 2 – 4 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 225835

“This result confirms that we are the CHAMPIONS OF FRANCE!

We made it hard for ourselves, going 2-0 up in magnificent fashion, only to be pegged back to 2-2, but we worked hard and got the three points we needed.

What a sensational season myself and the lads have had, all credit to the boys and how they’ve performed, we are in dreamland.

WE ARE THE LIGUE 1 CHAMPIONS!”

Ligue 1 – Matchday 36
FC Sochaux-Montbe 0 – 2 OGC Nice
View attachment 225836

“Disappointing.

I know the season is over, really, but this was an opportunity for those who wont start in the Europa League Final to show me something, and they showed nothing.

We will improve our second team in the summer, as we will need to for the Champions League, so there will be a little clear-out in parts here.”

----------

THE EUROPA LEAGUE FINAL

"Amsterdam. The location for our second Europa League final in a row.

It's been another incredible journey, full of twists and turns. We started off brilliantly, keeping our record of excellence in tact, winning the group with flying colours, and not a point dropped.

The knock-out stages came, and the difficulty went up and up. We dispatched Spartak with reasonable ease, getting a decent result away and knowing we could confirm it at home.

Then, a roadblock. Schalke are a very, very good team, and we did excellent to get through the home leg with a 2-0 advantage. But we were dire in Gelsenkirchen, going down to 9 men thanks to a red card and an injury. With us looking to be out after being 3-0 behind, we somehow, someway found that crucial away goal that saw us through.

That was a big hit to our confidence. We went in against Villarreal knowing that we could get a result, yet we walked away with a slender 2-1 lead from our home game. But, we grabbed a goal away from home, and winning the game 1-0. It was a big boost, maybe just what we needed.

Semi-Finals, and my return to England. We were disappointing at Molineux against Wolves, but we managed to grab a vital away goal, giving us the slight edge at 1-1. We went infront of our fans, and got ourselves a 1-0 win to send us to the final.

And this is where this story ends. For next season, we will be entering the Champions League as French Champions. This competition has been good to us, and I want to go out having won it in consecutive years.

In the wonderful Amsterdam ArenA, only Athletic Bilbao stand in our way. Our path to glory."

gun__1246884426_europa_league.jpg

Europa League – Final

Athletic Bilbao 1 – 4 FC Sochaux-Montbe
View attachment 225837

“What a sensational final in Amsterdam!

We were imperious in this game, attacking from all angles, and scoring at every single opportunity, or at least testing the keeper.

We were solid at the back, bar a howler from Ospina, which is rare for him, but other than that I cannot fault the lads yet again in another special night in Europe.

It’ll be a shame to leave a competition next year that has given myself and the squad so much, but we go to compete in the biggest club competition in the world.

For those who think the Europa League is a mickey mouse competition, just look how it’s transformed this club into winners.”

Europa-League-trophy1.jpg

----------

Ligue 1 – Matchday 37
FC Sochaux-Montbe 4 – 0 AS Monaco FC

View attachment 225838

“A total demolition job of the basement club.

We were on top from the first whistle from the final one, and we just continue to add to our points and goal total in the end.

I feared for Monaco at the start, and they have just proven that they are a fallen club. It’s a sad day.”

Ligue 1 – Matchday 38
Toulouse FC 2 – 2 FC Sochaux-Montbe

View attachment 225839

“It’s a shame we went out on a draw after a great season.

I tried to use the game as a last hurrah for players like Maiga, Brechet, Sauget and Mikari, but they all failed to impress, possibly bar Maiga.

It’s a symbol that part of the old guard is leaving, and there is clearly a reason.
It’s a shame, but they are clearly past their time.”

----------

LIGUE 1 CHAMPIONS!

Hexagoal_m.jpg

----------

Review of May
View attachment 225847

"It's been the biggest and best month of my managerial career.

We've achieved so much in so little time. With two Europa League titles and a Ligue 1 Championship, it's been an amazing ride, one that I am willing to stay on.

Next year, we take on the Champions League, we have gaps to fill as the old guard leaves and we look to go ahead.

No player of the month this month, as there were too many to pick from. Everyone has been superb and deserves recognition of their contribution to this magnificent double.

There is only one place to go now, and that is up."

----------

Congrats on doing the double! Going to be a real step up in the Champions League next season!

Thanks guys!

I will be having a special update later today, that could change the face of this story!

Europa AND ligue 1 champions!WAHOO! Amazing season mate;)
edit: just read through a 2nd time and realised that Ospina can play as a striker as well as a goalkeeper!LOLXD

Last edited:

BREAKING NEWS

Sir Alex Ferguson retires

Man-Utd-Sir-Alex-Ferguson.jpg

After a 27-year-reign as manager of Manchester United, Sir Alex Ferguson has decided to retire, at the age of 71.

In his illustrious career, he has led Manchester United to 13 league titles, 2 Champions League titles, 5 FA Cups and 4 League Cups.

Speculation has already began as to who may replace Sir Alex as manager, with Michael Laudrup, Larent Blanc and Nathan Staples the early front-runners.

----------

“Huge news. The man who inspired me to be a football manager has retired, and I am supposedly in the frame for the biggest job in the world. At my boyhood club.
I, don’t know what to say.”

----------

Shaktar Donetsk approach Staples

View attachment 226022

Shaktar Donetsk have made an initial offer for Nathan Staples to become their next manager.

The Ukranian club have won the title for the past 4 years running, and are looking to head to higher places in the Champions League with a new man at the helm.

Reports are saying that Mr Staples would have a massive 66 million euros to spend on new talent, if he accepts.

-----------

“That’s a huge offer. The money is insane, it would more than quadrouple my wages, and I would have an incredible wealth to go out and buy new players.

I have to consider this, so I have asked them to delay for a week.”

------------

Staples now being chased by Lyon

View attachment 226023

Nathan Staples is one sought-after manager, as Lyon have made their intentions clear that they also want him as their new manager.

Since Remi Garde left to become the new French international manager, Lyon have been looking for a suitable replacement, and feel that Mr Staples can take them to the next level.

Mr Staples won both the Ligue 1 title and the Europa League with FC Sochaux-Montbe last season.

----------

“A big shock here, could I really betray Sochaux like this?

Again, I’ll have to take it into account, it would be rude not to.”

----------

Manchester United approach Staples

View attachment 226024

Nathan Staples has been offered the Manchester United managerial vacancy.

After leading Sochaux to two Europa League titles and the Ligue 1 title in his first two seasons, Manchester United have deemed the young manager worthy enough to take the mantle from the recently retired Sir Alex Ferguson.

----------

“I’m in shock. I mean, it’s Manchester United, the club I supported as a boy, requesting my services as manager.

I don’t know what to do, I thought that I’d have more time here before being given so many opportunities, but should I leave?”

----------

Help decide Nathan Staples’ fate! Shall he go join the riches of Ukraine with Shaktar Donetsk? Should he betray Sochaux and join French rivals Lyon? Should he succeed Sir Alex and join his boyhood club Manchester United? Or should he stay and attempt to create a dynasty at FC Sochaux-Montbe?

HELP!

----------

Manchester United! Go for it and you could always leave united and come back to Sochaux-Montbe. Big fan of your story mate. :)