Global Domination - an Intercontinental adventure

Got yourself another follower. Can't wait for next updates.

Awesome story!

When I read about you facing Chivas, I thought, "man are they tough..." However, the Argentine Premier League win and the 30 unbeaten game streak left me in awe. Keep it up! Hope you win the League Title again!

great read mate youve inspired me to do something similar :D

Same. I started as Moroka Swallows in South Africa. Tried to get relatively big name players in (Mabizela, Salmon, Letsholonyane) and I'm top with 4 games left. Just managed to get Lebohang Mokeona and Kermit Erasmus after I sold my best player for £1m, re-invested in a few positions. My big rivals, Kaizer Chiefs just made a bid for Mabizela and I obviously said no, he's now skipped training twice and handed in a transfer request. *sigh*

I do have one question though, for the author. How do you use Calvin Kadi? I have him in my side and he's yet to score this season, Salmon has had to do it on his own basically yet you seemed to have relative success with him.

That was one **** of a read (the entire Thread!) but well worth the time spent.

Absolute class so far. Having just won a 4th consecutive CL myself i'm thinking of something a tad different. Leagues such as Israel, South Africa, Sweden etc seem to be calling me.

Excellent work though, and a cracking format to boot!

Good luck . . .

Thanks for all the comments, they are much appreciated. I am back now, and hope to start playing the save again quite soon.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:46 PM ----------

Same. I started as Moroka Swallows in South Africa. Tried to get relatively big name players in (Mabizela, Salmon, Letsholonyane) and I'm top with 4 games left. Just managed to get Lebohang Mokeona and Kermit Erasmus after I sold my best player for £1m, re-invested in a few positions. My big rivals, Kaizer Chiefs just made a bid for Mabizela and I obviously said no, he's now skipped training twice and handed in a transfer request. *sigh*

I do have one question though, for the author. How do you use Calvin Kadi? I have him in my side and he's yet to score this season, Salmon has had to do it on his own basically yet you seemed to have relative success with him.

I can't really remember, but I think it was as a target man. But he wasn't a first team regular, and was being kept out of the team by Chikwaikwai and Negwenya. But if you need goals, I would highly reccomend Ngwenya, who can be lethal when played as a poacher.

7 years, and 1/5 achievements. This could take a long time :p

Good luck, for the future.

September 2016

Huracan 1-1 River
Diaz (16)
We got off to a great start, when Rodrigo Diaz found himself one-on-one before slotting home. But we couldn’t put them under enough pressure, and in the second half River Plate equalised. But they are still a good side, and a point isn’t too bad.

Banfield 0-1 Huracan
Lentini (pen 48)
We fully deserved this win, as we went away from home and put them under considerable pressure. We were unlucky not to be leading at half time, but just after the break, a Banfield defender brought Lentini down in the box and was sent off. Lentini scored from the spot to give us three very good points.

Independiente 2-4 Huracan
Lentini (15, 80)
Milano (51)
Guzman (88)
I honestly don’t know how we won this one. We went 2-1 down shortly after half time, but two minutes later we had equalised. And then after 80 minutes Lentini broke to give us the lead, and late on Guzman found huge amounts of space and put the game beyond doubt. They had 20 shots to our 8, and they also created 4 clear cut chances to our 1. But we were clinical, and we ground out the result.

21291_hur_indep240410_39335.jpg

Huracan 2-2 Arsenal de Sarandi
Carioca (34)
Kamahara (76)
This is certainly two points dropped. We went 1-0 down in the first half, but when Kamahara gave us the lead with 14 minutes to go I thought we had won it. But in the 93rd minute, Arsenal got a corner and equalised with a header.

Copa Sudamericana 1st Round 1st Leg
Cesar Vallejo 1-1 Huracan
Bruno (8)
After taking an early lead, we should have gone on to score three or four, but instead we made it hard for ourselves by conceding an equaliser. I was thinking about resting a few players, but I actually went for a very strong team, even though our u20s should be able to beat them. This is the player he scored their goal!

It has been a very mixed month. We got two very good away wins, but had to settle for two silly draws in our last two matches. However, we did enough to stay top of the league, and mantain our unbeaten record. I was disappointed with the Copa Sudamericana draw, but we should have no problems turning them over at home.

October 2016

Huracan 0-0 Newell’s
A disappointing result which makes it three consecutive draws. It could have gone either way, so we can’t really complain, but we just lacked cutting edge.

Copa Sudamericana 1st Round 2nd Leg
Huracan 2-0 Cesar Vallejo (3-1 agg.)
Machin (4)
Kamahara (60)
Any possible nerves we gone when we took an early lead, and we went on to dominate the match. Kamahara made it two in the second half, and we always looked comfortable. We will play Boca in the next round which will be a much tougher test.

Tigre 0-1 Huracan
Lentini (38)
We weren’t at our best today, but we took our only real chance through Lentini’s neat finish. Gaston Monzon had a great game in goal, as Tigre pushed for an equaliser, so I am happy with the three points away from home.

huracan+tigre.jpg

San Lorenzo 0-2 Huracan
Vasquez (24)
Kamahara (35)
A fantastic performance and result against our rivals. I gave Kamahara a rare start today, and he repaid me with a man of the match performance and a goal to boot. Midfielder Vasquez also got on the score sheet. We had 65% possession over the 90 minutes, and the game was killed off after 72 minutes when San Lorenzo had a man sent off.

Copa Sudamericana Quarter Final 1st Leg
Huracan 2-1 Boca
Kamahara (45)
Bruno (75)
It was important we won today, and we put ourselves into a good position going into the second leg. Kamahara made it two goals and two man of the match awards in the last two games, and Bruno came on for Lentini and grabbed the winner.

Instituto 0-2 Huracan
Bruno (41)
Moreyra (89)
Today I tried the partnership of Kamahara and Bruno, as Lentini hasn’t been on the best of form. And the partnership produced the goods, with Bruno opening the scoring in the first half. 16-year-old attacking midfielder Moreyra made it two late on, after coming on with half hour left for only his second appearance.

View attachment 106654

I have high hope for this lad.

We are joint top on points with a game in hand, so I have got to be happy with that. We were struggling a bit towards the end of last month and the beginning of October, but we really seem to be finding our form again. And the partnership of Kamahara and Bruno is one I will be trying more in November. We kick off next month in the return leg against Boca.

View attachment 106653

November 2016

Copa Sudamericana Quarter Final 2nd Leg
Boca 1-1 Huracan (agg. 2-3)
Kamahara (31)
Boca put themselves in the driving seat with a goal after 29 minutes, but just two minutes later, a brilliant individual run from Kamahara ended with him equalising on the night. It was very similar to his last couple of goals, and was enough to send us through to the Semi-finals, where we will play another Argentine team in Velez.

Huracan 1-0 Estudiantes (LP)
Kamahara (45)
We dominated the game, but it took a goal just before half time from Kamahara to win it, as the Peruvian keeps up his excellent run of form. We had 20 shots, and it looked like one of those days, but once again Kamahara popped up.

huracan_estudiantes.jpg

Copa Sudamericana Semi Final 1st Leg
Huracan 2-1 Velez
Bruno (5, 26)
It was all going so well. The first half was some of the best football I have seen my team play, and we raced into a two goal lead. But in the second half we conceded a stupid penalty to give Velez hope in the second leg.

Boca 3-1 Huracan
Lentini (48)
It was the third time we had played them in six matches, and we suffered our first defeat of the season. I have to say overall it was an even game, and we even edged the possession stats. But we were too negative in the first half. We were a lot more positive in the second half, and were rewarded immediately with an equaliser from Lentini who came back into the team. But we were left exposed at the back and were punished.

Copa Sudamericana Semi Final 2nd Leg
Velez 2-2 Huracan (agg. 3-4)
Diaz (49)
Lentini (59)
At half time it was 1-0 and we were heading out. But Diaz equalised four minutes after coming on, and Lentini sealed progression to the final ten minutes later. Lentini was brilliant today, and competition is stiff up front. Velez equalised on the night late on, but we go through 4-3 on aggregate.

0621_velez_g_tel.jpg_1288780879

Central 2-1 Huracan
Moreyra (72)
Moreyra did it again. The 16-year-old (and the club’s youngest goal scorer) came on in the second half for his third substitute appearance for the club, and equalised with his second goal. Sadly it wasn’t enough, as Central got a winner in injury time. It was only our second defeat of the season and a very disappointing one, but we are still top of the league.

Copa Sudamericana Final 1st Leg
Palmeiras 0-1 Huracan
Kamahara (35)
It was a brilliant smash and grab away win in the first leg of the final. Kamahara scored yet another goal, and we managed to hold onto the clean sheet. We are now in a very good position to win the trophy in our back yard.

Huracan 2-0 Lanus
Lentini (67)
Bruno (86)
It is always nice for a manager when both your strikers score in a match, and Lentini and Bruno did that today to win us the match. It was the perfect preparation for the Palmeiras match, and means we stay top of the league.

Copa Sudamericana Final 2nd Leg
Huracan 1-0 Palmeiras (agg. 2-0)
Kamahara (53)

martingreenacre.png

It was the same story as the second leg, but this time we were really up against it when Eduardo Costa was dismissed a minute into the second half. But Kamahara did the job yet again, and won us the match. It is a brilliant achievement, but we need to repeat it in the Copa Libertadores.

internacional_campeon_copa_sudamericana_2008.jpg

It has been a brilliant month, as we picked up our second trophy since I moved to Huracan. We are also in poll position in the league; one point ahead of Velez with a game in hand. Our last game of the opening stage is away to Velez, so I would like to have the league wrapped up by then.

Just read through all this, took some time! A brilliant story here, great challenge. Good luck with completing it, i'll follow.

Algeria

World Cup Qualifying 2nd Round
Algeria 3-0 Swaziland
Boudebouz (61)
Ghilas (79)
Abdoun (84)
We were far superior, having 18 shots to their 0. However, we struggled to break them down, and it took Swaziland going down to ten men in the second half before he broke the deadlock. The win puts us in with a chance of qualifying.

World Cup Qualifying 2nd Round
Liberia 0-1 Algeria
Ziaya (44)
An important win, but DR Congo also won, so we had to settle for second place. I thought it was over, but I then realised we were one of the eight best second placed teams, and thus qualify for the third round. However, we did get out of jail, as we were very poor and struggled through an easy group. The draw for the last round of qualifying has also been made:

dz.gif

Algeria
cg.gif

Congo
sn.gif

Senegal
tn.gif

Tunisia

Well done and well deserved Copa Sudamericana win, well done! Now to get Algeria through a tough looking group. Senegal are Cup of Nations champs, aren't they?

Well done and well deserved Copa Sudamericana win, well done! Now to get Algeria through a tough looking group. Senegal are Cup of Nations champs, aren't they?

Yeah, they beat me in the final. But I am confident we can get revenge, and we are probably the best team in the group on paper. But we haven't been playing well.

Yeah, you just need one or two good results to get back on track, the team has enough talent to do it, as you saw at the ANC, I think you can qualify. Good luck!

December 2016

Huracan 1-2 Racing Club
Bruno (86)
A terrible performance and result, which means the league will go down to the last day. We thought we had rescued a point when Bruno scored with four minutes left, but as we pushed for a winner, it was Racing Club who got the goal. To be fair, they could have had four, and we were appalling.

Huracan 2-0 Godoy Cruz
Diaz (14)
Bruno (32)
We had to win this one, and we won with confidence. Two first half goals settled the nerves, meaning there was no such catastrophe as our last match. I was also pleased for Diaz, who capped a very good season with the opening goal. The result means a draw against Velez in the last match of the season will see us win the league.

Velez 2-0 Huracan
We never turned up today. We couldn’t have got off to a worse start, as after 11 minutes we were 1-0 down. The second half was the same story, as seven minutes in we conceded a penalty, which Velez scored to make it 2-0. I tried to change it round but we just couldn’t get out of our own half. Velez dominated the match and deserved to win, but it was gutting to watch the league slip away in front of my eyes.

The morning of this match, I was linked with the Manchester United job. I quickly denied the speculation, but I'm not sure if it had an effect on my players.

After the match, when emotions were heated, I stated I thought the penalty was the wrong decision. And I was handed a touchline ban, which I presume I will serve the first game of the closing stage.

So we finish 3rd, the lowest position we have been in all season. We had the league in the bag and threw it away, so we only have ourselves to blame.

I am very looking forward to the closing stage. I firmly believe we can regain the league title, and the Copa Sudamericana win gives me great confidence going into the Copa Libertadores: the one I really want. Our success has also seen new fans attracted to the club. We broke the club’s attendance record twice; first in the Copa Sudamerica semi-final, and again in the final.

On a side-note, I also had this message for the first time this season.

And my current manager stats for anybody who is interested.

Last edited: