Global Domination - an Intercontinental adventure

could you tell me what leagues you have active?
i wouldn't mind doing a challenge similar - cheers.

Sure, I have:

South Africa (Premier League only), South Korea (N-League and above), USA (MLS only), England (Premier Division only), France (Ligue 1 only), Russia (First Division and above), Spain (Liga BBVA only), Sweden (First Division Elite and above), Argentina (Second Division and above)

I tried to avoid the leagues that take a long time to load like Brazil and Italy, it is just about experimenting with combinations.

And thanks for the comments.

Just read through this all and it's a great read, keep it up mate

February 2011

newsarticle.png

Swallows 3-1 Bidvest Wits
Ngwenya (77)
A poor performance, perhaps we gave them too much respect. It was our first defeat in seven games, and I expect the players to bounce back.

Bidvest Wits 4-2 Bloem Celtic
Ngwenya (38)
Chikwaikwai (47)
Marques (75)
Mngomeni (78)
An important win, but when it was 2-2- going into the last twenty minutes I was getting nervous. But Marques scored his first senior goal, before Mngomeni made sure we got the three points. Sundowns have got a tough match against Ajax CT next, so we have a chance to gain some ground.

I was disappointed with the Swallows game, but we bounced back to record a vital win against Bloem Celtic, so a mixed month. However, the best result of the month is Marques signing a long term contract. It is also worth mentioning that we have drawn Sundowns in the SAFA Cup.

Player of the month: Aidan Marques

March 2011

Ikapa Sporting 0-2 Bidvest Wits
Kadi (30)
Chikwaikwai (46)
Well this has probably sealed 2nd place, as we are now 8 points off 1st and 8 points clear of 3rd. They didn’t pose any real attacking threat in this match, and in the end we were just too strong for them. This should keep confidence high going into the FA Cup match against Sundowns. In other news, three of our players whose contracts are expiring in the summer have been denied work permits, so they will have to be released.

SAFA Cup 2nd Round
Sundowns 1-0 Bidvest Wits
Haskins (76)
We couldn’t have asked for a harder draw. When they opened the scoring in the 48th minute of the first half it was uphill from there. It was also another match which saw us plagued with injuries; 16-year-old Mnisi starting his second senior game.

MphelaKatlego091208CelebratesBBP250.jpg

Bidvest Wits 1-1 AmaZulu
Mngomeni (85)
Four first team players were injured coming into this match, but that’s no excuse. I don’t know how we didn’t win. They had a man sent off in the first ten minutes, and then scored with their only chance. It will take a miracle for us to win the league now.

Meanwhile, we have agreed a £120k deal for this midfielder, which will go through at the end of the season. He is only the third signing here at Bidvest, and there will hopefully be more to come in the summer. As for the league; 5 games left and 7 points adrift mean we will definately have to win all of our remaining games to stand any sort of shot, but Sundowns' fixtures don't look too vexing. But as long as we finish second, we will qualify for the Champions League, and I will be one step closer to completing 1/5 of my ultimate goal.

Great read so far man! I have actually been trying the exact same challenge :O Couldn't believe it when I saw there was a story on it. I am managing a tiny First Division club in South Africa called African Warriors and am in my 5th season with them and still haven't been promoted although I won the league one year but lost the playoffs. It's quite hard as we're such as small club that we're predicted bottom every season even though I've finished 5th, 7th, 1st and 4th in my first four seasons and barely any good players will sign for. South Africa is very enjoyable to play in, good luck

Great read so far man! I have actually been trying the exact same challenge :O Couldn't believe it when I saw there was a story on it. I am managing a tiny First Division club in South Africa called African Warriors and am in my 5th season with them and still haven't been promoted although I won the league one year but lost the playoffs. It's quite hard as we're such as small club that we're predicted bottom every season even though I've finished 5th, 7th, 1st and 4th in my first four seasons and barely any good players will sign for. South Africa is very enjoyable to play in, good luck

Wow. Before I started this game I actually started an African Warriors game which went one season. They actually have some decent players, but start as the only team in the league with not a single professional player. So great work with them. Massive stadium compared to average attendance as well <).

End of Season Update

Bidvest Wits 1-0 FS Stars
O.G. (30)
We didn’t really deserve to win this one. They looked the more potent attacking force, and it took an own goal to grab the three points. At the end a shocking corner which fell to their player on the edge of his own box almost gave them a goal on the counter, but we will take this. Especially as Sundowns could only manage a draw at home to Kaizer Chiefs.

Orlando Pirates 2-3 Bidvest Wits
Haskins (1)
Chikwaikwai (6, 65)
A fantastic performance made better by Sundowns drawing again. It was an explosive start to the match as we took the lead after 28 seconds, and doubled it after 6 minutes. They then scored straight from the kick-off. But a win away to one of the biggest clubs in South Africa is a great result.

kadi_wc~1.jpg

Bidvest Wits 2-1 SuperSport Utd
Chikwaikwai (61, 76)
We got off to a bad start when Booysen was carried off injured in the fourth minute, but from there we looked in control. Our first goal looked offside, but I’m not complaining. We are now three points off the top with two games left. These results have also earned me the manager of the month award for April.

B09HDCR0848_g-1250600643.jpg

Ajax CT 1-0 Bidvest Wits
Our title hopes are over, and Sundowns have officially won the league for the second season in a row. In the last two years they have proved they are just too good for the rest of the league, but we will be in a stronger position to challenge next year. Finishing second, we qualify for the African Champions League, and I want to try and win it next season.

Bidvest Wits 1-1 Golden Arrows
Kadi (32)
Neither team needed anything from this match, so it wasn’t particularly eventful. I gave a couple of youngsters a run-out and they did well.

So we finish second and qualify for the Champions League. I would definitely have taken this at the start of the season, but we pushed Sundowns all the way. Next season the likes of Marques will be a year older and ready to play a bigger part.

Having been predicted to finish 12th, finishing runners up in the South African Premier League was enough to crown us the season’s overachievers, and I myself finished as runner-up for Manager of the Year. My personal player of the year has been Evans Chikwaikwai. With 19 league goals from 26 games, Chikwaikwai was a big part of our success this season with some vital goals. There will be a lot of competition for places next season, but he has definitely staked his claim for a starting berth, by performing some way above how his stats suggest he should.

EVANSCHIKWAIKWAI_sm.jpg

So a successful campaign that we will look to build on next season, and hopefully perform well in the Champions League. Three back-up players have left the club after being refused an extension to their work permits. A couple more players have also been released, and we have agreed deals to sign two players, who will be unveiled in the next update.

Nice story
Very unique choice of clubs :p

Great job mate ! I will be following!

Pre-season 2011

After letting a number of players leave the club, I would have liked to have signed a couple more players, but work permits are becoming a major problem when I find a decent Zambian or Nigerian or Ivorian etc player. In the end though, I am happy with the players we have been able to bring in, not spending a penny of our £4m transfer kitty (both the transfers involving money were agreed at the end of last season using last season’s budget). We have definitely strengthened the squad, but it does look a little bit bare at the back, and our pair of promising teenagers will most likely have to step in at some point.

Stanley Kgatla
I am very pleased with this signing, especially as our first choice defensive midfielder from the last two seasons has left. He provides some experience to a young squad, and will be key if we want to compete on all fronts this season.

George Mkhwanazi
We fought hard to beat Sundowns to the signing of this promising 18-year-old. I will probably be giving him a chance in the attacking midfield role when Mngomeni needs a rest, but may play the odd game up front. I am looking forward to seeing how Mkhwanazi develops in the next couple of years.

Wonani Mulaudzi
I brought the 35-year-old in as a player/assistant manager, because he was the best assistant willing to join. I don’t plan on using him much, if at all, this season, but he doesn’t seem ready to retire. I may look to bring in one or two more new faces in August, but we have a good squad now, and the calibre of player willing to join doesn’t seem to be any better than the players already here.

We have also unveiled our new home and away kits for the comming season, made by Hummel.

bidvest2.jpg

And finally, the board have surprisingly accepted my request to improve the club’s training facilities. Compared to the excellent youth facilities, the average training ground didn’t seem up to scratch if we want the likes of Marques and Mkhwanazi to develop into star players. The club is in a healthy financial state, with over £3m in the bank and no debt. However, the council will never allow the stadium to be expanded due to lack of space.

facilities.png

August 2011

Charity Cup Semi-final
Bidvest Wits 3-1 Ajax CT
Ngwenya (25, 64)
Chikwaikwai (90)
I’m still not entirely sure what the Charity Cup is, but we are through to the final! Over 30,000 people were in Soccer City to see the team put in a vintage performance. Ngwenya was brilliant, and his two goals put us well on the way to beating a very good team. Ajax CT have been our bogey team recently, so to beat them is a great way to start the season.

Charity Cup Final
Bidvest Wits 3-0 Sundowns
Chikwaikwai (57, 80)
Marques (82)
A brilliant win in front of 87600 people, as we lift the Charity Cup (whatever it is). It took a while to break the deadlock, but the three goal margin doesn’t flatter us, as we were easily the better team. Hopefully this is a good omen for the coming season.

568x300_Soccercityfull_n.jpg

Super Eight Cup Quarter-final
Bidvest Wits 1-2 Swallows
Ngwenya (103)
We were looking at an uphill struggle ever since our captain Neil Winstanley was sent off in the 35th minute. Mid-way through the second half I made all three substitutions, only for one of those, Sibisi, brought on to fill the gap left by Winstanley, to get injured at the end of regular time leaving us with nine men. With nine men we took the lead in extra time, but they went on to equalise and then score the winner. By that time we had eight men after Bantam was carried off injured. Disappointed, but I probably should have brought one of the strikers back and held out for penalties.

Bidvest Wits 3-0 Black Leopards
Matuka (3)
Mngomeni (pen 42)
Sibande (90)
A great performance and the perfect way to start the new Premier League season. Matuka’s wonder goal earned as an early lead, before we went on to control the match. Next up is a home match against Sundowns, who we comfortably dispatched in the Charity Cup, and it’s a chance to prove how far we have come.

Bidvest Wits 0-2 Sundowns
The less said about this match the better. We beat them 3-0 just weeks earlier, and so to lose to the team who we will probably be challenging come the end of the season is a bitter blow.

69a4a9ee841c4b86b47bae3db24cb950.gif

Dynamos 1-2 Bidvest Wits
Matuka (20)
Booysen (49)
We weren’t quite as comfortable as I would have liked against the newly promoted team, but we got the three points. A cracker from Matuka gave us the lead before they equalised just before half time. We then regained the lead in the second half and they didn’t cause us as many problems in the second half. Dynamos also had a player sent off late on.

So we sit mid-table after three games with two wins and one defeat, not too bad a start to the season. It was also pleasing to see the team lift a trophy, and hopefully it won’t be the last time we see those scenes this season.

Absolutely great story mate. Following with huge interest!

Follow this mate, great start, shame about those injuries though, i feel you may have won the lerague withouth those. ;)

Thanks for the comments. And yes, injuries were a problem last year, but this year the youngsters have proved they are able to step up when needed. And hopefully we will win it this year.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

I am half way through October and hope to update tonight, but I have a decision to make. I have been offered the Angola job and I'm not sure whether to take it. What do people think?

Go for it, it'll increase your reputation I think.

October 2011

Bloem Celtic 2-3 Bidvest Wits
Ngwenya (23)
Mngomeni (35)
Matuka (81)
It was a tight game, but we came out on top. Bloem Celtic just avoided relegation last season, but they gave us a run for our money, and we need to start conceding less goals.

Bidvest Wits 2-2 Ajax CT
Sibande (40)
Chikwaikwai (42)
After taking a 2-0 lead, we really should have been able to hold on. It was two wonder goals that gave us a half time lead, and then we did what we have been doing all season by conceding stupid goals.

SuperSport Utd 2-0 Bidvest Wits
I am very disappointed with this performance. We conceded two penalties which ultimately cost us the game, but on top of that, we never really created anything. We may be in a decent league position, but we haven’t been playing well.

MTN8+Amazulu+v+SuperSport+United+269QGA_-n7Rm.jpg

Bidvest Wits 6-2 FS Stars
Chikwaikwai (12, 16)
Matuka (21)
Ngwenya (23, 45, 54)
5-2 at half time, the fans would have been expecting even more fireworks, but it was still a great game. We took a four goal lead, before they pulled two back, and we bagged another couple. Hopefully this will be the turning point in our season. However, I can’t remember the last time we kept a clean sheet.

Knockout Cup 1st Round
Bidvest Wits 4-1 MP Black Aces
Chikwaikwai (29, 31)
Marques (44)
Mngomeni (72)
A good performance in a match we never really looked like losing. We are now through to the next round, and I seen this as a winnable competition. I gave some youngsters a run-out in this match, and Aidan Marques was the one who really stood out, getting himself a goal.

martingreenacre2.png

Off the pitch, I have accepted a job offer from Angola. They failed to qualify for the African Nations Cup, so my main goal will be to qualify for the 2014 World Cup. This is our group.

worldcupafricanqualifyi.png

November 2011

Kaizer Chiefs 1-1 Bidvest Wits
Ngwenya (19)
So close to that illusive clean sheet! We scored the ultimate route one goal, with our ‘keeper claiming the assist, and it looked like we were going to hang on. But their 90th minute goal shattered our dreams.

15075.jpg

Bidvest Wits 2-0 Golden Arrows
Sibande (13)
Bantam (49)
A good performance, and finally a clean sheet. We are playing pretty well at the moment, and hopefully we can keep this up and mount a strong title challenge. Another wonder goal from Bantam sealed the win in the second half after Sibande opened the scoring.

Knockout Cup Quarter Final
Bidvest Wits 1-2 Swallows
Kometsi (12)
We took the lead, but Swallows always seem tough to beat. We are out of the Knockout Cup and will have to focus on other competitions.

Orlando Pirates 0-2 Bidvest Wits
Chikwaikwai (29)
Marques (62)
Fantastic performance and result. I gave Marques only his third start of the season, and he was brilliant, putting a man of the match performance and getting a goal with a neat finish. The bad news is defender Booysen, who has been superb all season, got injured in this match and will be out for around three months. Today was also a landmark for captain Neil Winstanley, who broke the club record for league appearences.

MarkHaskins-Wits_2354904.jpg

Bidvest Wits 1-0 MP Black Aces
Mngomeni (63)
It took a while to break the deadlock, but we got the win we wanted. The goal was really enjoyable to watch, as we set off on a fluid, free-flowing counter attack before Mngomeni stuck it in the top corner.

So as we come to the end of the month, I find myself in much better spirits than I was at the beginning of November. We put in some great performances in the league, conceding just the one goal, and shooting up to second in the league.

December 2011

AmaZulu 3-1 Bidvest Wits
Mngomeni (22)
A very disappointing result, especially as all the teams around us dropped points meaning a win would have sent us top. When it was 1-1 and they had a player sent off I wasn’t sure if we would find I goal, but I definitely didn’t see them scoring twice.

21542.jpg

Santos FC 2-3 Bidvest Wits
Mngomeni (1)
Chikwaikwai (36, 40)
I’m sure it was a thrilling game for the neutral, but it was nerve racking watching for me. At 1-1 we hit the post, and I didn’t think we would get another chance, but Chikwaikwai popped up with two goals giving us a 3-1 half time lead. They pulled one back early in the second half making it extremely tense, but we managed to hang on.

Sundowns 1-0 Bidvest Wits
Bitterly disappointed about this result after conceding in the 89th minute when it looked as if we were going to hold on to a respectable draw. We had the opportunity to go top, and eight points ahead of Sundowns with a win, but it wasn’t to be.

mbesumacollins090319celebratesgallo310.jpg

Bidvest Wits 6-1 Dynamos
Chikwaikwai (9, 11)
Marques (25, 51, 72)
Mkhwanazi (69)
Overall, a very eventful match! We went down to ten men when Sibande was sent off after just seven minutes, but overcame the disadvantage to take a 3-0 lead. They then pulled one back before having their own player sent off late in the first half. With ten aside we went on to dominate the match, with Aidan Marques on scintillating form.

The only way to describe this month is mixed bag. We managed to secure some great wins, but the two defeats were hard to take. Overall we are still second, two points off Ajax CT who are top, and two points ahead of Sundowns in third.

January 2012

Black Leopards 0-4 Bidvest Wits
Marques (2, 13)
O.G. (34)
Mngomeni (52)
We picked up where we left off in 2011, with another fantastic performance and goal glut. Marques continued to show why clubs such as Juventus of Italy have shown interest in him recently. We also had two teenagers playing as the centre-back pairing today, so I was delighted with the clean sheet.

marvellousmngomeni.png

Bidvest Wits 4-1 Jomo Cosmos
Ngwenya (42, 45, 58, 67)
We completely dominated this game and I don’t know how we went 1-0 down. But luckily, I was spared a tough job at half time by a quick fire double from Ngwenya. The striker was coming back into the first eleven after being kept out by the on form partnership of Chikwaikwai and Marques, but he definitely showed why he should be in the team, scoring another two in the second half. 14 goals in three games for the team isn’t bad.

Swallows 0-0 Bidvest Wits
I am actually quite pleased with this result. We have always seemed to struggle to beat Swallows, and so I am pleased with the draw. And with another clean sheet, it shows how we have been improving throughout the season.

Overall, a fantastic month; two emphatic wins followed by a respectable goalless draw. On a side note, we have drawn Saint George of Ethiopia in the African Champions League Preliminary Round, with the two-legged tie being played next month.

We also brought in one new face during the January transfer window. Michael Morton arrives from Orlando Pirates, having previously spent the 2009/10 season on loan at the Clever Boys. And I must say, he has improved vastly since I last worked with him, and will provide a bit more steal to the midfield.

View attachment 74394

Last edited: