Global Domination - an Intercontinental adventure

Formia

Reaction score
Having already played one season and really enjoyed it, I have decided to keep you all updated with my game and hope you also enjoy it.

Starting unemployed with sunday league reputation, I have one aim: win every major continental club competition in the world (UEFA Champions League, African Champions League, Copa Libertadores, Asian Champions League, CONCACAF Champions League), as well as having a side goal of one day managing England.

So, I will try and post updates as often as possible, and hope you enjoy.

championsleaguet.png

Trophy Cabinet

Hummel (July 2009 - December 2009)

Korean N-League Winners 2009

Bidvest Wits (December 2009 - May 2013)

South African Charity Cup 2011
South African FA Cup 2012
Super Eight Cup 2012
Knockout Cup 2012
African Champions League 2012
South African Premier Soccer League Winners 2013
African Super Cup 2013

Lokomotiv Moscow (July 2013 - November 2014)

N/A

Huracan (February 2015 - Present)

Argentine Premier Division 2016, 2017, 2018, 2018, 2019, 2019, 2020, 2020
Copa Sudamericana 2016, 2018, 2020
South American Recopa 2019

Last edited:
Nice.Different to what other stories have and it should be good but a couple of things:

1. You might want to tidy up the OP,as it looks a bit bland.

2. Mind uploading some screenshots of your last season mate?

That's one **** of a challenge :) Good luck.

Nice.Different to what other stories have and it should be good but a couple of things:

1. You might want to tidy up the OP,as it looks a bit bland.

2. Mind uploading some screenshots of your last season mate?

I will be posting last season soon, but quite a lot went on <).

It wasn't long before I was offered a job, with Hummel, in the South Korean N-League foolish enough to hire this former sunday-league footballer.

It was July, and the opening stage of the South Korean had just finished, so I was taking over for the closing stage. Hummel had surpassed expectations up to this point, winning the opening stage despite being predicted to finish 6th.

Hummel are a semi-proffessional club, with basic training facilities, no youth facilities and an 'unknown stadium'. But still, they had some decent players. They also had about ten useless central midfield players who I just couldn't shift, and I could only afford to release a couple. Anyway, I quickly got to work, asking the board to upgrade youth facilities which they accepted, before hitting the transfer market.

nowonhummelkorea.png

I tried to get rid of as much deadwood as possible, mainly the wingers, as they didn't fit into my 4-3-1-2 tactic which has served me well before. As for the in's, I took advantage of the wealth of talent playing for high school teams available for nothing or next to nothing.

My first game in charge was in the South Korean FA Cup, against Busan, who are a in the K-League and one of the most successful clubs in the country. Here's what happened.

hummelvbusan.png

A great start to my managerial career, but missing those penalties made me think it was never going to happen. That was the last game before a long break, during which time I arranged a couple of friendlies to keep the players and the coffers ticking over, before returining to the start of the closing stage. Here is a full list of those fixtures.

nowonhummelkorea2.png

A slow start to the league, with the players seemingly not responding to my tactics and my lack of Korean (at the end of the season I couldn't even speak basic Korean), before an emphatic 4-2 win against Kimhae made me think things had clicked.

We then went on a decent little run before being knocked out of the FA Cup 4-1 against Daegu at the Quarter-Final stage. That signalled a downturn in form, as we won only one of our last five games.

The Play-offs

At the end of the season, I realised the winners of the opening and closing stages played in a two-legged play-off to determine the winner of the N-League. This was worrying, as we were playing BTC, the team who beat us 3-0 on the last day of the season. For some reason we were favourites despite BTC only dropping 5 points in the closing stage. In the first leg it was damage limitation, and I wasn't too displeased to come away with a 1-0 defeat (away goals don't count double, as I was later releived to realise).

In the second leg, we went for the victory, and it looked to have paid off when we raced into a deserved 2 goal lead, only for them to level on aggregate in the 87th minute. This took it to extra time and penalties which I was not confident about seeing as we missed all of our four penalties in the rest of the season, but the Hummel boys held their nerve.

hummelvbtc.png

We were champions! Despite finishing the closing stage in 6th place! And somehow this earned me manager of the year (they're almost as bad as the Premier League). However, once the celebrations had died down, I saw that there is no promotion and relegation between the N-League and the K-League :S.

I quickly resigned, as this job was going nowhere. Was it worth my while? Yes, as that trophy increased my reputation, and as the season finished in December, I could now go looking for a job in a country where I could take over for the second half of their season. I will return to Korea one day, but definately at a K-League club where I have a shot at the Asian Champions League!

Final League Table
koreannationalleague.png

See where my next job takes me in the next update...

P.S. If you want any other screenshots just ask, but I am at the end of the season so can't show everything.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:00 PM ----------

Bidvest Wits

When the previous manager left to join Orlando Pirates, he left this South African club in a decent state. Predicted 14th, they were sitting 8th with just over half the season gone. The club has excellent youth facilities, so I see it as a club on the up, and hopefully I can eventually win the African Champions League here.

I inherited an average squad with one outstanding player, Thando Mngomeni, who will be integral to my plans. Luckily I managed to tie him down to a new contract, staving off offers from the likes of Kaizer Chiefs. In January I opted not to sign anybody, but raised £40k through player sales.

10thandomngomeni.png

My first game in charge was a 2-0 win over Maritzburg United, before throwing away a two goal lead at home to AmaZulu. The day before our next game, Mngomeni signed a new contract, and the next day, he scored all four goals in a 4-0 win over Bloem Celtic.

bidvestwitsvbloemceltic.png

The rest of the season saw the good and the bad of my new side. I had hopes of mounting a challenge for an African Confederations Cup slot, and with an emphatic 5-1 win away to Swallows left us in touch with 4th. However, defeat to Kaizer Chiefs in our penultimate game meant a mid-table finish was all we could achieve. We also had a decent cup run, getting to the Quarter-Finals of the SAFA Cup.

200910fixtures.png

August 2010

So the new season is here, and I am hoping to finish in the top four this season, and would love to get a trophy under my belt. The board expect a top half finish and have given me £2.19m to achieve that. Also, I have now caught up to where I am in the game so updates should now be more detailed.

Fairly happy with my squad, I decided only to bring in two players, I would have strengthened more but there weren’t that many quality players willing to join. I am, however, very happy with the signing of Ngwenya, as the previous strikers just weren’t good enough. I also brought in a back-up centre-back.

I think it is also worth showing some of the bright talents to come through the youth ranks at the club this year, Marques particularly, who I think will be a future international.

Super 8 Cup Quarter-final
Ajax CT p1-1 Bidvest Wits
Ngwenya (75)
I am proud of my players today. Ajax CT are one of the best teams in the league, and we played the whole of extra time with ten men after Ngwenya got injured. Our star striker is now out for four months! On a positive, a debut goal and a great show from the striker, even if he may not play again this year.

Bad News!
Our hottest prospect Aidan Marques is out for four months with a fractured skull. At 16, hopefully this doesn’t halt his development too much.

Bidvest Wits 4-0 Kaizer Chiefs
Mngomeni (pen 17, pen 72), Kadi (55, 90)
What can I say? Unbelievable performance! Kadi came in for the injured Ngwenya and was man of the match, and we deserved the win. I took Mngomeni off in the last ten minutes and he was given a standing ovation.

Platinum Stars 1-1 Bidvest Wits
Mngomeni (79)
Would have liked to have won, but will take the draw after going 1-0 down. However, right back Justin Miller is out for four weeks and the injuries are piling up. Another goal from Mngomeni underlining just how important he is to us.

A good start to the season, and that win over Kaizer Chiefs is the best I've seen this team play. They seem to be enjoying playing with each other, and responding to my tactics.

Player of the month: Thando Mngomeni

thando-mngomeni-sundowns_1738979.jpg

September 2010

Couldn’t have asked for a worse start to the month. First, captain and star centre-back Neil Winstanley is out for four weeks, and then the best player in the squad, Mngomeni requests a transfer. I rejected the request, but this won’t go away.

Bidvest Wits 4-2 MP Black Aces
Mngomeni (pen, 15), Kadi (21, 26), Chikwaikwai (79)
Could have been more; we completely dominated, creating six clear cut chances, and they scored from a scorcher and a penalty. Our home form was the problem last season, but we seem to have that sorted now, and could be on for a good season. Once again, Kadi was magnificent. And it was a fan day as well.

Jomo Cosmos 0-2 Bidvest Wits
Booysen (45), Mngomeni (48)
Another superb and unexpected result. Booysen was superb at the heart of the defence, and this is why we need Mngomeni. He scored a 30-yarder, and was troublesome all night, and that performance turned his morale form very poor to superb.

Well I can safely say South African football is ten times more enjoyable than Korean football. We have been on fie this month, winning our only two games, and if we keep this up, we should definitely achieve a top four finish at least.

Player of the month: Calvin Kadi

Calvin-Kadi-Wits_2391409.jpg

October 2010

Bidvest Wits 2-0 Sundowns
Chikwaikwai (72), Mngomeni (86)
Sundowns won the league by 14 points last season, so to beat them really shows how far we have come. We were helped by the fact that they went down to ten men on the stroke of half time. They then went down to nine men on the stroke of full time. A great win, and another clean sheet.

Santos FC 2-1 Bidvest Wits
Chikwaikwai (34)
Our first defeat of the season. We let them attack us and didn’t defend well enough, but we are still top of the league.

However, our off the field woes continue, as Mngomeni fails to turn up to training. I may have to sell him in the summer, and hopefully by that time, our club will be a more enticing prospect for potential replacements.

Bidvest Wits 3-2 Swallows
Kadi (45), Chikwaikwai (58), Haskins (74)
Coming into this game, Swallows were second and only one point behind us, so this win allowed us to pull away slightly. We went 1-0 down, but clinical finishing earned us the win, and I just hope this form can continue.

SA Knockout Cup 1st Round

AmaZulu 1-0 Bidvest Wits
A disappointing defeat after conceding the in injury time. But we still have the SAFA Cup, which we will be looking to win.

Bloem Celtic 1-3 Bidvest Wits
Kadi (2), Mngomeni (52, pen 68)
It looked like it would be a high scoring game when we took the lead in the second minute, and they equalised in the seventh. However, we went on to dominate the game, and played some superb fluid football, with two more goals for Mngomeni cementing his standing as the league’s top scorer.

Bidvest Wits 2-1 Ikapa Sporting
Chikwaikwai (26), Mngomeni (pen, 51)
We keep getting these penalties, but I’m not complaining. We need make it harder for ourselves than it needed to be by conceding in the last five minutes, but a good win.

Overall, another good month. I was disappointed to be knocked out of the cup, but our league form can’t be doubted. We are top and still playing well, and if we carry on playing like this we will stay there.

Player of the month: Evans Chikwaikwai

news_bmushekwi-warriors250.jpg

November 2010

AmaZulu 1-4 Bidvest Wits
Booysen (5)
Chikwaikwai (11, 65)
Winstanley (23)
AmaZulu have been struggling this season, but we could have beaten anybody with that performance. We looked deadly on the counter attack, and that has been key to eye success this season. We have also received a boost by the return of Ngwenya, who will play a couple of games for the reserves before returning. He may find it hard to break into the team, however, with the partnership of Chikwaikwai and Kadi on top form.

FS Stars 1-1- Bidvest Wits
Kadi (74)
We were not good in the first half and deservedly went in 1-0 down. But we came out in the second half and took the game to them, and were unlucky not to get the win. In the last ten minutes, Mngomeni did brilliantly to take the ball round the keeper, only for his shot to be cleared off the line. The media are also speculating we should have had a penalty, but I didn’t see the incident.

Mark-Haskins-Bidvest-Wits_2395889.jpg

On a side note, these injuries are getting ridiculous. Marques, my hottest prospect just back from a fractured skull goes and bruises his head in training. And there are more. Also, we have a number of players whose contracts are set to expire this summer, and negotiating new ones is proving a long, drawn out process as, quite frankly, I’m tight! I’m not having backup players asking to double their wages, that’s just ridiculous.

Bidvest Wits 1-2 Orlando Pirates
Tipa (90)
Disappointing result and not a good performance. Their second goal was a penalty, and by the time Tipa pulled a goal back in injury time, it was too late to be anything but a consolation. The game was made worse by injuries to Haskins and Kadi, who will both be out for four weeks. This is the first time we have dropped points at home all season, and now if Sundowns win their game in hand they will go top.

tsholofelotekomodise_307736.jpg

Player of the month: Chikwaikwai
news_bmushekwi-warriors250.jpg

Very interesting mate ! If you keep it going I'm a defo follower (H)

This looks good, I like stories in less well known leagues. Good luck!

Thanks for the comments. I like playing in unknown leagues as well, exploring new players and styles of football, and South Africa is really enjoyable at the moment.

December 2010

Super Sport Utd 0-1 Bidvest Wits
Chikwaikwai (24)
A good solid victory, and once they went down to ten men early in the second half, the game fizzled out and we always looked like holding on. There was also some good news after the match, as Mngomeni backed down over his demands for a transfer. He has responded well to my media comments, and hopefully we can tie him down to a new contract in the near future.

Edit: Mngomeni has signed a new deal at the club, keeping him here until 2015. The player who has 9 goals to his name from 13 league games so far this season didn’t even ask for a pay rise.

Bidvest Wits 0-3 Ajax CT
Just under 7000 people witnessed the Clever Boys slump to a 3-0 defeat. We didn’t deserve to go in at half time two goals down, as the match was pretty even up until that point. But as soon as we conceded the third we were just playing for pride. Sundowns won which means they are two points ahead of us with a game in hand.

Ajax-Cape-Town_2375388.jpg

Golden Arrows 1-0 Bidvest Wits
How did we lose this match? After five minutes, their right back hit the ball from the half way line, and it looped over our alarmingly lax goalkeeper, only for our defender to clear the ball off the line. We didn’t create enough chances during the match, but we did hit the crossbar. It looked destined for a draw, but we conceded a penalty late on and it’s two defeats in two games.

That is now it until the New Year, so a few weeks break, and I will be arranging a couple of friendlies. Hopefully when we return, we will regain our early season form.

No, unnlucky with Ajax and Arrows. Nice results still tho keep it up ! ;)

January 2011

After arranging a couple of friendlies, Chikwaikwai suffered a twisted knee, but fortunately Ngwenya has returned from injury and will have to come straight into the team. Our first league match of 2011 was on New Year’s Day, away to Kaizer Chiefs.

Kaizer Chiefs 2-2 Bidvest Wits
Mngomeni (5)
Kadi (34)
I would have taken this before the match as they were 1-6 to win, but not at half time. 2-0 up and playing against ten men, how we managed to throw it away is beyond me. The teams either side of us both won, meaning we have slipped down to third place.

B09HDMM0246ws-1249549439.jpg

Bidvest Wits 1-0 Platinum Stars
Mashamaite (66)
We didn’t create enough chances in this match, but a superb volley from a tight angle from our right back earned us the win. I also gave a debut to 16-year-old Aidan Marques, who my assistant manager rates as having 4 ½ star current ability. He will no doubt play a bigger part next season.

MP Black Aces 0-2 Bidvest Wits
Mashamaite (33)
Ngwenya (58)
Mashamaite opened the scoring with a perfectly placed free-kick, the right-back’s second goal in as many games, before Ngwenya showed why we signed him. A good performance and we are now four points clear of Ajax CT who are third, but still some way off the top.

Bidvest Wits 1-1 Jomo Cosmos
Haskins (64)
Winstanley was suspended for this match, so 16-year-old Jabu Mnisi came in at centre-back and did very well. They took the lead after one minute, but we responded well and created the better chances. It was an inspired run from Marques to set up the goal, and he looked dangerous after coming off the bench.

Sundowns 1-3 Bidvest Wits
Chikwaikwai (14, 25, 90)
Great entertaining match! This was the biggest match of our season so far, and if we lost we would have been out the title for sure. In the first fifteen minutes, they had a goal disallowed for offside, and we had one ruled out for a foul before we finally broke the deadlock. We then raced into a two goal lead, and a fully deserved one at that, before they pulled one back just before half time. With half an hour left, I was getting nervy, and changed the formation so we had two defensive midfielders and intended to shut up shop. Fortunately it worked and we sealed the win with the last kick of the match.

NkosiSiyabonga090912InactionBPP310.jpg

Bidvest Wits 4-0 Santos FC
Mngomeni (pen 21, 90)
Chikwaikwai (30, 73)
We completely dominated this match, and Chikwakwai has been sensational. They had a man sent off in the second half, but we were comfortable by that point.

A fantastic month that put us back in the title hunt. We have hit top form, and look dangerous every time we cross the halfway line. Chikwakwai has been playing the best football of his life in the last two games with five goals.

Player of the month: Tefu Mashamaite

Wit.hs_Mashamaite.Junaid.jpg

could you tell me what leagues you have active?
i wouldn't mind doing a challenge similar - cheers.