Goals & Clean Sheets v2.4 - Tested season 1 - Tottenham/Swansea/Athletic

Rodrigo4073

Reaction score

GOALS AND CLEAN SHEETS v2.4 (13.2.2) (NEW UPDATE)

• First of all, i will introduce the tactic by showing you what kind of results you can achieve with a team like Tottenham (version 2.2 of the tactic) and Swansea (i used the version 2.0 of the tactic) in the first season, i also want to say that i will be continue testing this tactic with bigger and smaller teams.
tottentable.jpg

swansearesults.jpg

athleticresults.jpg

• I hated Cardiff with the Tottenham save, they ruined the PERFECT season, but it's okey, we still won Europa League, Premier League and FA CUP. With Swansea I still had chances to win the league in the 36th round, but games against big teams and a bit of bad luck were against us, players like Hazard and Agüero got me furious quite often. But i cannot compare them with my defenders. First the results with Tottenham, and then with Swansea.
tottenfixtu.jpg

swanseamatches.jpg

• This is the team i built with Swansea, not much money spent and a lot to improve, most of the players can't make it for a top team like Manchester United, Chelsea or Man City, so our 3rd spot is quite a big achievement. With Tottenham i only bought Jovetic and Demba Ba.
squadp.jpg

THE TACTIC: 4-2-1-3

tactich.jpg

• General explanation - Possession: the key of the system will be controlling the ball until we find the right moment to perform a key pass, if not, try to manage the ball good, with the three midfielders, and with the enormous contribution of wing backs.
  • General explanation - Attack: the attacking system consist in a highly fluent way of playing, with a lot of movement of the players, with a central striker who will try to move a lot into channels, meanwhile the AM's will be trying to occupy a spot into the defense, moving into channels, and generating holes in the opposition tactic, a real headache for the defenders, and more if we have in mind that the wing backs are going to be constantly in attacking positions, hugging touchline, but also cutting into channels, they will have a lot of goal chances. The brain, the centre midfielder, will have total freedom and will try to make a lot of key passes, also creating CCC. The right defensive midfielder (don't pay too much attention on the rol) will be something like a box to box midfielder, but he could also be a deep lying playmaker with defensive competence, it will help if he is good at long shots.
  • General explanation - Defense: i think this is the most difficult aspect of this FM, and i struggled a lot to find a way to avoid conceding consistently. The team will press high and with a tight marking style, man to man, except for the 3 destruction players, the anchor man and the central backs.

IMPORTANT INDICATIONS ABOUT MARKING AND OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS

• Man marking: always assign special markings to wide players, your wing backs should mark the AML and AMR, or MR and ML, and your inside forwards always have to mark the DR and DL, or WBR and WBL.
  • Opposition instructions: always tight marking and closing down to AM (RCL), M (RL), and show onto foot to FB and WB.
Pay attention to in-match changes from your opposition so you can adjust the instructions.

(UPDATE N
ote): when the opponent plays without DR, DL, WBR, WBL; or without AMR, AML, MR, ML (like Man City narrow 4-2-3-1), you have to assign MAN marking, not a special one to a special player, because the game make your players to mark any opponent, and in most of cases, bad choices.

IDEAL PLAYERS

• Goalkeepers: sweeper, best as possible, of course.
  • Central Defenders: the usual, but pace and acceleration are important, specially on your right central defender who will act as cover, good mental attributes are important too.
  • Wing Backs: decent defending and good attacking attributes, pace is also important.
  • Anchor Man: the destructor of football, good defensive attributes and physical if you can.
  • Defensive Midfielder Right: a box to box man, or a deep lying playmaker is a good player in this position.
  • Central Midfielder: the brain, the Xavi/Riquelme, best as possible.
  • Inside Forwards: skillfull, dribbling, finishing, passing, fast.
  • Strikers: the "pichichi", a complete striker, the best as possible.

OTHER STUFF

• Pitch Size - standard.
  • Holidays - no, if you go on holidays, your assistant manager will not assign individual marking, so the results won't be the same, you can have some results, but not like when you play.
  • Match Preparation - At the beggining, try to adapt to the tactic, and then you should focus on defending set pieces, because i've suffered a lot in that aspect.
  • Team Talk - Do what you want, i let the assistant do the talk, he has to do something.
  • Shouts - None.
  • Red Cards - If you need to mantain the result and the possession, take the striker out. If you need to push and get a result try replacing the defensive midfielder.
  • Extra - All the players have individual tweaks, so if you change something, it may alter the way the tactic work, so be careful with that.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.4 (NEW):
MEDIAFIRE > Rodrigo4073 - Goals and Clean Sheets v2.4.tac (UPDATED AGAIN)

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.3 (AUTOMATIZED MARKINGS AND OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS): maybe the opposition get used to this so it's not as effective as 2.4 when you assign it every match, but if you have success with this one, feel free to use it :DMEDIAFIRE > Rodrigo4073 - Goals and Clean Sheets v2.3.tac

Well, this is all, i hope you find it useful, those people who use downloaded tactics and those who use them to learn a few more things and applying in your tactics (like me), good luck, and sorry for my english!

Last edited:
nice tactic for people who like to play with wingers

also good result

why would you man mark with high pressure? you should zonal mark soo you keep your shape and will help with balls over the top

why would you man mark with high pressure? you should zonal mark soo you keep your shape and will help with balls over the top
Man mark in the sides, because in this FM i found out that opposition makes a lot of damage in the wings, assigning man to man mark will make my players stick to them, if i put them zonal they tend to leave spaces, and if i make my attacking midfielders mark the fullbacks i am avoiding a huge threat, specially against offensive wingbacks.

The central backs and the anchor man have zonal mark assigned so they can mantain the shape, as you said, if they have man to man marking maybe in a one vs one they loose and they leave the rival alone.

me also using wingbacks but I dont using strick marking with them,i rather mark oponent players with my stopper or my dmc.

me also using wingbacks but I dont using strick marking with them,i rather mark oponent players with my stopper or my dmc.​
Yeah, i understand that approach, but i prefer (it's my philosophy :D) to always have one extra man at least. So if they have 2 strikers i should have 3 for them (my anchor man and the two centre backs), and if they are occupied marking the opponent wingers my defence gets leaky.

By the way, i'm running a quick test with Tottenham (only 2 signings, 1 AML and 1 ST).

Last edited:
Can you just simplify what to do on Oppositon Instructions?

AMR/AML/MR/ML - Tight Marking & Closing Down

WBR/WBL/DR/DL - Tight Marking & Weaker foot?

Can you just simplify what to do on Oppositon Instructions?

AMR/AML/MR/ML - Tight Marking & Closing Down

WBR/WBL/DR/DL - Tight Marking & Weaker foot?

Sorry mate, yes, you are right.

AMR/AML/AMC/MR/ML - Tight Marking and Closing Down

WBR/WBL/DR/DL - Weaker foot

And your man to man marking is like this:

Your WBR > AML/ML
Your WBL > AMR/MR
Your AMR > DL/WBL
Your AML > DR/WBR

This is how the Tottenham new save is going, i will update the first post when i finish the season. I am also undefeated in Europa League.

17137002.jpg

I find man marking to be a bit more aggressive than zonal marking. My pressing game is much better with man marking, although I might use a few with zonal marking (libero/sweeper if I have one, possibly defensive midfielder) to be more secure if my initial pressing fails. Or if the man marking doesn't work as I would like it to work, for example with AMR&L. They tend to push to the wrong side of the fullback when the opposition CBs have the ball instead of sticking to the fullbacks.

i dont understand,your tactic cf pos. is a poacher,why you playing graham annd michu in first team(not fast).

Put this as my third tactic because I'm mid season with Liverpool, will start using it more when it's more familiar. Used it in a home game against Villa and we won 4-0. Some cracking play, high possession. The two inside forwards cause havoc.

In second season with Tottenham, Champions League game against Barcelona (away).. Plugged this one in, won 1-4 at Nou Camp. Felt like Messi was AFK the entire game :D

Will definitely test this one out further. Possibly a masterpiece you got here!

I love this tactic, plays some nice football, been dominating games, great defence! Top job fella! :D

BTW this made my struggling Swindon side win League One!

Excellent tactic.

Was using the AVB433 with good results but the defence was a bit shaky. Switched to this as its very similar, and the result have been fantastic, kept a clean sheet in every game I've played so far apart from getting tanked 4-1 by Man Utd at Old Trafford. So far so good!! Bournemouth now sitting 3rd in the Premier League.

Trying this out with a Newcastle save, seems to be pretty tight in defense, just beat Man City 1-0 at home, the opp instructions seem to work a treat and keeps all the big names quiet! Quality so far!

i dont understand,your tactic cf pos. is a poacher,why you playing graham annd michu in first team(not fast).
Mate, you are right, they are not the best players for the tactics, that's why i put Ideal Players in the OP, i just was testing and trying not to transform my Swansea team so much so if i win it will be more because of the tactics than a whole squad change.

Thanks for all your feedback mates, it seems that the tactic work for all kinds of teams, big, mid and small, i will finish my test with Tottenham and update the first post, if you try the tactic please post your feedback, thanks!

I have finished the test with Tottenham, incredible resutls, you can see them in the first posts. Wins against Chelsea (6-0) and United (4-0) for example. All the season undefeated, except from one match against Cardiff in which i used my "B" team and had an early red card, we lost in extra time. Won Europa League, Premier League, and FA Cup.

You don't need to worry about Opposition Instructions because they are already plugged in with this tactic, So it's effectively plug and play

You don't need to worry about Opposition Instructions because they are already plugged in with this tactic, So it's effectively plug and play
Almost, I just updated to a new version that is like you said, plug and play but it still has one problem, when the opponent plays without DR, DL, WBR, WBL; or without AMR, AML, MR, ML, you have to assign MAN marking, not a special one to a special player, because the game make your players to mark any opponent, and in most of cases, bad choices.