Goals & Clean Sheets v2.4 - Tested season 1 - Tottenham/Swansea/Athletic

Almost, I just updated to a new version that is like you said, plug and play but it still has one problem, when the opponent plays without DR, DL, WBR, WBL; or without AMR, AML, MR, ML, you have to assign MAN marking, not a special one to a special player, because the game make your players to mark any opponent, and in most of cases, bad choices.

How do you do that then?

How do you do that then?
I don't understand your question... If you want to know what to do when the opposition doesn't use wide players like i said before, it's simple, in your player individual instructions you will see that your player (for example your WBL) is marking any player (for example, the MC), that's wrong, or maybe you will see a blank space, you only have to change that and assign Man to man marking (you will have Zonal, Man to Man and Specific). That's only when they dont use AML, AMR, MR, or ML.

Sorry if i cannot explain it more clear, the only thing i can tell you is that what you asked me before:
Can you just simplify what to do on Oppositon Instructions?

AMR/AML/MR/ML - Tight Marking & Closing Down

WBR/WBL/DR/DL - Tight Marking & Weaker foot?
That is now automatic, plug and play if you download the new version of the tactic in the opening post.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Put this as my third tactic because I'm mid season with Liverpool, will start using it more when it's more familiar. Used it in a home game against Villa and we won 4-0. Some cracking play, high possession. The two inside forwards cause havoc.

In second season with Tottenham, Champions League game against Barcelona (away).. Plugged this one in, won 1-4 at Nou Camp. Felt like Messi was AFK the entire game :D

Will definitely test this one out further. Possibly a masterpiece you got here!

I love this tactic, plays some nice football, been dominating games, great defence! Top job fella! :D

BTW this made my struggling Swindon side win League One!

Excellent tactic.

Was using the AVB433 with good results but the defence was a bit shaky. Switched to this as its very similar, and the result have been fantastic, kept a clean sheet in every game I've played so far apart from getting tanked 4-1 by Man Utd at Old Trafford. So far so good!! Bournemouth now sitting 3rd in the Premier League.

Trying this out with a Newcastle save, seems to be pretty tight in defense, just beat Man City 1-0 at home, the opp instructions seem to work a treat and keeps all the big names quiet! Quality so far!

Any feedback people? Did the tactic work? Have you tried the new version? Thanks :).

I don't understand your question... If you want to know what to do when the opposition doesn't use wide players like i said before, it's simple, in your player individual instructions you will see that your player (for example your WBL) is marking any player (for example, the MC), that's wrong, or maybe you will see a blank space, you only have to change that and assign Man to man marking (you will have Zonal, Man to Man and Specific). That's only when they dont use AML, AMR, MR, or ML.

Sorry if i cannot explain it more clear, the only thing i can tell you is that what you asked me before:

That is now automatic, plug and play if you download the new version of the tactic in the opening post.

Good luck!

Sorry Rodrigo - I wasn't making myself clear at all.

If the team I'm playing isn't playing wide players - how do I know if my Wing Backs are marking the wrong players? Is this on the OI screen before I play a match?

Should they on;y have * next to them for Full/Wing Backs and Wide players?

Sorry for the confusion! :-)

Do you think Llorente would work with this tactic, or is he too slow?

Mate I am using your tactic with Spurs against the big boys only when playing away and it is really good, but you have tested it with Spurs so that's why I won't give you detailed feedback!!! I will use it in my Aris greek superleague team save, who have really weak roster, as my main tactic and will come back for feedback!!! well done anyway, from the few I 've seen very nice tactic!

Sorry Rodrigo - I wasn't making myself clear at all.

If the team I'm playing isn't playing wide players - how do I know if my Wing Backs are marking the wrong players? Is this on the OI screen before I play a match?

Should they on;y have * next to them for Full/Wing Backs and Wide players?

Sorry for the confusion! :-)

Yes, if you play against a team for example like this:
-------------GK--------------
-------DCR--DC--DCL--------
------------DMC-------------
--------MCR-----MCL--------
-----AMCR--AMC---AMCL-----
-------------ST--------------

They don't have AMR, AML, MR, ML, DR, DL, WBR, WBL. So your players (they are configured to mark those positions i said) won't have the markings assigned correctly, and they could be marking the MCR, or AMCL, and that is wrong (for the tactic sake) you get it? Everytime you play against teams that use formations like that you should check your individual instructions to quit the markings if they are wrong. Also you have to pay attention for the in-match changes from the opposition. But this kind of formations are strange, only Man City i know that use AMCR, AMC, AMCL, ST, so when you play against them you have to change your markings.

Do you think Llorente would work with this tactic, or is he too slow?
I'm testing the tactic with Athletic, he is not the best for the role but he can do it quite good. In the Swansea save i used Danny Graham in that position and he was the Premier League top scorer and also played his first international match with England :).

Mate I am using your tactic with Spurs against the big boys only when playing away and it is really good, but you have tested it with Spurs so that's why I won't give you detailed feedback!!! I will use it in my Aris greek superleague team save, who have really weak roster, as my main tactic and will come back for feedback!!! well done anyway, from the few I 've seen very nice tactic!
Excellent mate! I look forward to your feedback, good luck!

v2.2 worked gd for poland national team and toulouse, will try v2.3 on some others mb

The 1-4 win at Barcelona, and the 2-1 at home (giving away no chances, didn't see Messi for 2 games) are not a coincidence! This tactic certainly rocks! You really can be proud about this tactic Rodrigo!

The tactic gives you plenty of shots on goal (not from distance by the way, it's always like 20-25 shots, only 5-8 from distance). Defence is also very good! Good job

Does anybody else concede most of their goals from crosses to the back post?

Not just in this tactic, but in this patch in general?!

Wich one should the WB's mark when facing an opponent like City with Narrow 4231? :)

cheers

Edit: Changing anything away from home? :)

Last edited:
What the most valuable atributes for str,and what strikers can you recommend for middle and small teams?thanks.

Good formation changed team strategy from control to attacking and won the la liga and champions league in my first season, signed jack wilshere and thiago silva only... ;)

The 1-4 win at Barcelona, and the 2-1 at home (giving away no chances, didn't see Messi for 2 games) are not a coincidence! This tactic certainly rocks! You really can be proud about this tactic Rodrigo!

The tactic gives you plenty of shots on goal (not from distance by the way, it's always like 20-25 shots, only 5-8 from distance). Defence is also very good! Good job
Very good mate! I'm glad it worked for you! Cheers!

Does anybody else concede most of their goals from crosses to the back post?

Not just in this tactic, but in this patch in general?!
Mate, that's exactly the reason for the markings, your fullbacks should mark the wide attacking midfielders and midfielders so you don't concede from crosses, are you sure you are doing it allright?

Wich one should the WB's mark when facing an opponent like City with Narrow 4231? :)

cheers

Edit: Changing anything away from home? :)
None, just change the settings to man marking but no special player. Also i do not change anything when playing away! Thanks for the feedback mate!

What the most valuable atributes for str,and what strikers can you recommend for middle and small teams?thanks.
A good striker for this tactic can be a good poacher, with pace, acceleration, shooting, first touch, off the ball, etc. For middle teams you can buy Ademilson and you can make him a good poacher. And i don't really know what other player can i recommend you because i always buy differnet players (i don't like to repeat) but you can tell me who you are thinking and i respond you if the player can make it or not.

Good formation changed team strategy from control to attacking and won the la liga and champions league in my first season, signed jack wilshere and thiago silva only... ;)
Excellent mate, Wilshere develops good? Thanks for the feedbacks!

Cheers!

Tried this with my southampton team in my 2nd season. Has worked brilliantly so far with & suits my players well. N Dyer/Willian/Nem rotating on the wings with Ademilson up top and Pjanic behind working really well.

PS- Fabio is perfect for this formation. Insane wingback for me.

Cheers for your tactic.

I found out that the automatized markings don't work pretty good, maybe because the opposition knows before the match and get used to it, so i will take that out and put another version of the tactic. So if you downloaded v2.3 try to replace it with v2.4 and assign the markings every match (not the opposition instructions).

Tried this with my southampton team in my 2nd season. Has worked brilliantly so far with & suits my players well. N Dyer/Willian/Nem rotating on the wings with Ademilson up top and Pjanic behind working really well.

PS- Fabio is perfect for this formation. Insane wingback for me.

Cheers for your tactic.

Glad it worked for you too mate! Yes, Fabio is pretty good for the tactic!

Last edited:
What markings? I'm not convinced I've been doing it right at all then.

Can you tell me which screen I need to be changing the markings on?

I'm using 2.3, and thought it was pretty much Plug & Play... when i go to a match - I get to the Opposition Instructions page and the DR/DL settings are already in place, as are the ML/ML ones (same if they have WBR/WBL or AMR/AML).

I've not been doing anything else.

What is it that I need to change (and where!) so I know I'm doing this correctly?

Are you saying that before each match you have to go to the Overview of the tactic, go to player instructions and go to my wingbacks and make sure that they'e man marking the opposing wingers? For every match??

Sorry to be a pain!

Last edited:
Back