Goals & Clean Sheets v2.4 - Tested season 1 - Tottenham/Swansea/Athletic

1-So if you downloaded v2.3 try to replace it with v2.4 and assign the markings every match (not the opposition instructions).Sorry, i am from russia,and dont understand - what i must marking every match..... 2- my team not score from corners 3- my cm(french wonderboy- Marvin Martin) play not good( avr rating 6.40)-WHY.Thanks

What markings? I'm not convinced I've been doing it right at all then.

Can you tell me which screen I need to be changing the markings on?

I'm using 2.3, and thought it was pretty much Plug & Play... when i go to a match - I get to the Opposition Instructions page and the DR/DL settings are already in place, as are the ML/ML ones (same if they have WBR/WBL or AMR/AML).

I've not been doing anything else.

What is it that I need to change (and where!) so I know I'm doing this correctly?

Are you saying that before each match you have to go to the Overview of the tactic, go to player instructions and go to my wingbacks and make sure that they'e man marking the opposing wingers? For every match??

Sorry to be a pain!

Just use version 2.4 and do this every match:

interx.jpg

It's simple, you only have to:

markep.jpg

Version 2.4 is more stable!

And don't worry, keep asking if you have more doubts! Good luck mate!

Last edited:
1-So if you downloaded v2.3 try to replace it with v2.4 and assign the markings every match (not the opposition instructions).Sorry, i am from russia,and dont understand - what i must marking every match..... 2- my team not score from corners 3- my cm(french wonderboy- Marvin Martin) play not good( avr rating 6.40)-WHY.Thanks

1- This...
interx.jpg

2- What team are you using? I score a lot with Athletic, it depends on your players. But i have to say that i will improve that in the next version of the tactic, maybe 2.5? So wait a few hours.

3- It's strange, i'm currently using Ander Herrera with a 7.39 rating as you can see in the screen above, and i used Tom Huddlestone and Ki Sung Yeung with good results. Maybe you should try to make him forget the PPM "DICTATES TEMPO" so he adapts to the team more than the team to him.

Tell me if you understood all and if you have any more doubts! Good luck!

Yeh rodrigo, jack wilshere is a quality player and develops quick in the game ;)

Thanks Rodrigo - that makes sense now.

Takes a bit more time but it means it's done right - will carry on with my save now...

I've tried and tried and tried with this tactic - but the amount of goals conceded from crosses is absolutely ridiculous!

I've tried and tried and tried with this tactic - but the amount of goals conceded from crosses is absolutely ridiculous!

Can you post a screenshot of your team? It's just that goals from crosses is what the tactic is designed to avoid the most.

Can you post a screenshot of your team? It's just that goals from crosses is what the tactic is designed to avoid the most.

I'm no longer using your tactic, but my team was:

GK: Krul
CD: Kjaer
CD: Coluccini
WBR: Debuchy
WBL: Santon
Anchor Man: Tiote
Defensive Mid: Anita
DLP: Cabaye
IF: Ben Arfa
IF: Gutierrez
ST: Kwueke

I'm no longer using your tactic, but my team was:

GK: Krul
CD: Kjaer
CD: Coluccini
WBR: Debuchy
WBL: Santon
Anchor Man: Tiote
Defensive Mid: Anita
DLP: Cabaye
IF: Ben Arfa
IF: Gutierrez
ST: Kwueke

Ok mate, i will run a test with Newcastle to see if it was the tactic or a managing problem. Good luck!

Wow where do I start? Incredible tactic, only problem I have is my team having 24 shots, 12 on target and only scoring about 2!

A player I've found that excels in this tactic is Fabio Borini - typical sort of poacher...

I've also found using a tall CB (195cm+) as the DCR seems to get me alot of goals from corners with this tactic, but I'm not sure why.

Additionally, I seem to score most of my goals past the 60th minute, I usually make subs (typically the striker, winger(s) or MC) between 55-65 minutes, maybe subs have a huge impact with this tactic?

Only game I lost was to West Ham and they only had 1 shot the whole game! Love this tactic, I actually feel secure at the back for once in FM13!

Will give it a try with Stuttgart :)

Does this tactic really protect the flanks? With my own tactics or with other tactics from here i had the most problems with attacks from the flanks against every opponent. They just rushed through, crossed and scored, which is kind of boring really..
I hope your tactic can prevent things like that :P

Wow where do I start? Incredible tactic, only problem I have is my team having 24 shots, 12 on target and only scoring about 2!

A player I've found that excels in this tactic is Fabio Borini - typical sort of poacher...

I've also found using a tall CB (195cm+) as the DCR seems to get me alot of goals from corners with this tactic, but I'm not sure why.

Additionally, I seem to score most of my goals past the 60th minute, I usually make subs (typically the striker, winger(s) or MC) between 55-65 minutes, maybe subs have a huge impact with this tactic?

Only game I lost was to West Ham and they only had 1 shot the whole game! Love this tactic, I actually feel secure at the back for once in FM13!

I'm glad it worked for you mate! I'm trying to improve the tactic to make it more effective and more solid in the flanks, maybe in one or two days (i'm really busy studying, ******* biochemistry), and the subs maybe has a real impact because all the players collaborate in defence so you need fresh players to keep the pressure. I scored a lot from corners also, but depending on your team you can switch one or two players in set pieces. Are you using Liverpool mate?

Will give it a try with Stuttgart :)

Does this tactic really protect the flanks? With my own tactics or with other tactics from here i had the most problems with attacks from the flanks against every opponent. They just rushed through, crossed and scored, which is kind of boring really..
I hope your tactic can prevent things like that :P

It's not perfect, but it helps a lot, i'm just trying to improve that by the use of shouts and a few tweaks in the defensive aspect, so you can try it now or wait a few days that i will upload a better version of the tactic. Cheers!

I'm glad it worked for you mate! I'm trying to improve the tactic to make it more effective and more solid in the flanks, maybe in one or two days (i'm really busy studying, ******* biochemistry), and the subs maybe has a real impact because all the players collaborate in defence so you need fresh players to keep the pressure. I scored a lot from corners also, but depending on your team you can switch one or two players in set pieces. Are you using Liverpool mate?

No mate I'm using Arsenal - in the year 2020 :P, haha I can only imagine your pain with biochemistry, I do engineering and its bad enough... Anywho, that might be right, the substitute striker or AM (R) I bring on is incredibly fast, so maybe its his pace and their team being slightly worn out? I also have Cedric Shungu playing as my DM - really good for set pieces Corners - 20 and Free Kick Taking - 15

Any changes with the update?(13.2.3) Seemed reasonable but the wingers are losing their position, and it is a total mess while trying to man mark the opposition side backs during conceded corners. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Actually my full backs are in line with the central defenders, not positioned in the wb position. They have wb duties though.

Last edited:
will you update the tactic for 13.2.3 because it gets a bita leaking in defence?

Been testing a few tactics out what people have uploaded and decided to give yours a try.

First match was a walk over.
View attachment 312910

I'll let you know how the season progresses mate, kutgw.

Back