I think what this tactic needs is a solid 4-2-4 and a deep 4-4-2 or maybe a different style like a 4-1-4-1 or 4-4-1-1 to keep the opponents guessing and avoid second season syndrome

I was compelled to write in after having used this tactic now for 6 seasons. I have no words to describe the attacking play of this tactic. It has a leaky defence but it plays like my beloved Liverpool in real life and the main aim is to outscore the opposition. However, as you proceed during the game and build a better defence, it becomes absolutely immense. Here's how I used it:

In the first season, I used it for all home games and easy away games. For tough away games I was using The Supreme Tottenham tactic. 38 games played, 30 won, 6 drawn and 2 defeats. 96 points, Goals for 125 and goals against 38

Second season, I sold agger, skrtel, toure, johnson, mignolet, enrique and got in Phil Jones, Balanta, Gino Peruzzi and Luke Shaw and I used Rugani and Kelly as backups. Signed Victor Valdes on a free and retained the services of Pepe Reina and signed Lukaku.
Used the tactic for all games apart from away games against the big teams in Europe and The PL. Record was P W D L 38 30 8 0 goals for 132 and goals against 33. Won the treble.

Both seasons Suarez won World Player of the Year, Golden Ball, Top Marksmen. He scored 54 and 57 goals. Lukaku in his first season got 43 goals in 40 appearances. Sturridge got 16 in 21.

Third season, I sold Sturridge for 60 million, joe allen, aspas, jack robinson and signed ince(free), davies (2m) and Januzaj from PSG and a bunch of awesome regens. I also got in Droba,Pirlo,Xavi for a total of 1m to tutor my players Sinclair, Rossiter and Pugliese. I also signed Carlos Fierro and a regen with 5 star potential.
Used the tactic in the same manner as the 2nd season. Record was P W D L 38 36 2 0. Goals for 144 and goals against 20.
Lukaku and Suarez destroyed teams single handedly with Suarez getting 50+ again and Lukaku 45. Won my second treble.

Fourth season I sold Ben Davies, Tom Ince for a combined 65 million. Ince had an average rating of 7.69 and Davies of 7.88. I promoted my regens and was prepared for a season of transition. Signed only 2 regens. 1 keeper and 1 midfielder. Planned to use Suso,Harry Wilson, Sinclair, Pugliese, Rossiter, Flanagan and Wisdom. Got the regens tutored by Gerrard, Valdes and the others. Signed Reus, Vietto and Vitinho on free transfers in jan to join at the end of the season.
It became better than ever. Januzaj and Sterling were running riot on the wings. Suso and Coutinho were immense in Midfield and Shaw and a retrained Jordan Henderson were amazing fullbacks. With Peruzzi out for 6 months. Record was P W D L 38 36 2 0. Goals for 155 and against 18!. Lukaku scoring 58 goals and Suarez 50. Fierro chipped in with 24 goals in all competitions.
Won the Double.

5th season I decided to go nuts and sold Suarez for 50 million (31 year old), Peruzzi for 35 million, Coutinho for 52 million and Sakho for 35 million. Again I only purchased a few regens and free transfers with the aim to make a profit. My previously purchased regens were coming along really well and I signed De Rossi and Xabi alonso to tutor the new ones as Pirlo, Xavi, Gerrard, Drogba, Valdes all retired. I planned to integrate fierro and sinclair in the first team with Lukaku. Whilst making Harry Wilson and the others regulars. Loaned out Reus, Vietto, Vitinho. Record was P W D L 38 30 4 4 Goals for 154 and goals against 26. Lukaku getting 50+ Fierro getting 46. Sinclair got 20+ and Sterling 25! Won my third treble.

Now in my sixth season I have just sold Reus, Vietto and Vitinho for 60 million + and will now promote my academy regens who have developed immensely well.

Superb Tactic if you have the right players! Build your team around it and be proactive. There is no plug and play. If you have problems scoring, change training. If you have problems conceding, change personnel and training. I changed a few setting as I went along and did not tweak much. Listened to my assistant and used opposition scouting reports. Used a combination of 3 tactics but this one was my primary. Changed roles sometimes to suit the personnel and made changes during the games.

I am now aiming to have one of my strikers break Roger Hunts Liverpool league goals record and Ian Rush's overall record.

I wrote such a long post because this is the first time in this years FM, (after the Strikerless tactic patch) that I am enjoying the game. Strikers are scoring and the overall play is fascinating to watch. Wingers are unbelievable and strikers don't have much to do but to keep prodding the ball into the net. I am halfway through my sixth season as I write this and I am 17 for 17! Topped my champions league group and only lost once to Bremen Away. Out of the COC though.

Impressive mayankv, never thought of signing old players to use as tutors only, good idea! So this mean that you never had that second season syndrome, I guess that is due to the fact that your using 3 different tactics, even if one of them is your primary.

Impressive mayankv, never thought of signing old players to use as tutors only, good idea! So this mean that you never had that second season syndrome, I guess that is due to the fact that your using 3 different tactics, even if one of them is your primary.

Always sign old players. Even if it is for a season. Check their personalities. People like De Rossi, Terry are born leaders. You have no idea how much of an impact they will have on your regens and young players! Keep getting them tutored until they retired and give them a game now and again.

View attachment 369867View attachment 369866View attachment 369865View attachment 369864View attachment 369863View attachment 369858View attachment 369856View attachment 369855

These are my regens+young players I developed. Tutoring and game time. Mostly tutoring. Also, when they perform below a 6.8, I used assertive unhappy post game and also had a private chat immediately after criticizing their performance. Look into their personal information and try and sign their idols if they have any. Also from a young age I would put their training regime to the position I wanted them to play in. Made them available for reserve games for 90 minutes till the age of 18. Then 60-45 minutes till the age of 20. I dont loan my players out unless I intend to only use them as back up later on.

As far as the tactic goes, as I said, be proactive and dont be afraid to make changes. I was very lucky in this save with very few injuries and no morale problems. But you have to man manage almost every aspect in this game and constant team talks, praising good form, criticizing bad form and is all as important as tactics. Always have 3 tactics depending on the situation.

Another tip for signing old players is that you give them low wages but give them really high appearance fees, goal bonuses and unused substitute bonuses and dont even keep them on the bench. Xavi, Puyol, Pirlo, Drogba, De Rossi, Ashley Cole played a combined 10 odd games for my club. Most of them don't even crib about not getting first team football.