GOOAALL-262-FM13.3.3 by Jesaustralia - The best tactic I've seen for FM13

I've been trying this tactic for a day now and I have to say that it is pretty handy at home but not so effective away from home.

I'm Liverpool 2015/16 season and have a pretty decent side. I'm unable to show any ss at the moment. I'll give it you that when the tactic clicks it's great to watch. But all too often away from home the team just doesn't perform, the opposition team just seem to find pockets of space by simply passing their way upto my area.

It was a nice change to Mr L's tactics. Nice try mate.

Will give it a go. Have been using Mr Langvatn's tactics for an eternity so time for something new

Cool W4nker! I hope you get it to work the way it works for me - looking forward too updates :)

I've been trying this tactic for a day now and I have to say that it is pretty handy at home but not so effective away from home.

I'm Liverpool 2015/16 season and have a pretty decent side. I'm unable to show any ss at the moment. I'll give it you that when the tactic clicks it's great to watch. But all too often away from home the team just doesn't perform, the opposition team just seem to find pockets of space by simply passing their way upto my area.

It was a nice change to Mr L's tactics. Nice try mate.

I'm sorry too hear that, but I see the same tendency a little, when that is said I haven't played enough matches yet to be able to judge that. My team is very good and withstand the opponents away from home as well, but a Real Madrid match is coming up soon so I guess every match is a learning curve still at this point. I need to see a full season to judge it.

If you need any help just say thats for anyone

Ok guys a little update on my save

The Positive First:
View attachment 367819

The Negative:
View attachment 367817 View attachment 367816

Away this tactic seems to have some problems - though psg match I shouldn't have lost according to the stats, but it was a good opponent and they score on their single chance :(

The Real Madrid match didn't make me happy at all we were favourites, though it was one of the best teams in my save and we didn't look very dangerous, I'm very dissapointed with this.

Away against top teams their could be problems, if any of you have any ideas to make it better defensively without losing its offensive strenght tell us about it.

I'm still going strong though and still feel the football is beautiful too watch and has lots of potential. I won the champions league 7-1 vs Zenit on neutral ground so their it works. I only have 1 loss thats vs PSG away 1-0, but lets see what happens I hope you who tries this will give it a chance still.

Cheers

Anyone using this tactic? - I'm interested to hear how you are doing with it

gonna try it in my valladolid save, hopefully we can beat barca in camp nou, lol.

gonna try it in my valladolid save, hopefully we can beat barca in camp nou, lol.

Hope your team is good otherwise I can see it go to pieces, I don't think its a tactic that can just succeed with any team, you'll need good players compared to the league you are playing in.

To everyone giving this a shot:
I was a bit tired of the defense yesterday, but looking at the stats its actually very good stats defensively, the problem is it sometimes defensively looks a little to easy for the opponent offense, so I researched a bit what I could do etc. and I came up with a change in the central defense the right ballplaying defender I changed to ballplaying cover and the left ballplaying defender i changed to normal defender CD so a pairing between a CD-defensive and a BPD-Cover. The ball playing cover defender has to have some quickness I think mine is about 17 for acceleration & pace, but he lacks a little in jumping, but its all worth it becourse he limits the chances opponents fast strikers would normally get.

I also read a little about match-training - My Barcelona team has very good strikers already and probably don't need the boost in attacking movement, so I changed that to Teamwork where they currently have strong understanding which is 2nd highest blend level. When I reach "die for each other" I will either change to match-training=Defensive positioning or Attacking setpieces.

To see that go: Click team-report-last match it might say "The team blend well together" or worse, but in my view that means you definitely need match training teamwork. The highest team blend you can have is called "Will die for each other"

To many signings a season will lower the team blend, that might hit the smaller teams the worst.

Anyway I also have an update about France which the Barcelona manager is in charge of. They use this tactic as well, but they don't have the incredible MC/AMC power that Barcelona have, but they have amazing deep laying midfielders DM/MC types, so I had a look at the Arrigo sacchi 4-4-2 tactic by sean and changed all 3 centre midfielders to the same mentality - creative freedom - hard tacling - no run with ball, they beat Ireland 0-6 away from home in a friendly, SCL scored 5 goals.

Anyway I definitely don't give up on this tactic it already started to look amazing with the changes made, anyway I can upload the france version the non dribling midfielders if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Hi.

Just tried it with Arsenal, Works pretty decent... Just played friendlies till now, but it seems to Work!

Would love to see that France version, if you don´t mind... Very good Work by the way!

Hi.

Just tried it with Arsenal, Works pretty decent... Just played friendlies till now, but it seems to Work!

Would love to see that France version, if you don´t mind... Very good Work by the way!

Well I always make my assistant take care of the friendlies and I honestly don't care what the results are in those, I use this to get my familiarity levels 100% fluid in any tactic I use. So I would take those with a grain of salt.

I updated the OP - Version 2 of the original tactic - better defence & My France Version with non dribling playmakers
Download version 2 Here
France Version - Non Driblers Here

Version 2 update:
View attachment 367238 View attachment 367237 View attachment 367236 View attachment 367234

After the dissapointing match vs Real Madrid where we drew I changed the defensive setup in the formation so from that point on its version 2 - Zero GLS conceeded - Since this tactic is not playing with offiside I decided to have a Ball playing cover defender to sweep up through balls from the opponent which means any fast strikers will get problems if my defender is fast which he is. I also changed the Ball playing Defender Left to be a CD Left so a more simlistic way of passing the ball around with both the anchorman and the other defender= the the wingbacks he have plenty of simple passing options, so that looks really good.

Please tell us how you are going - take some Screenshots ALT+F9

I would like to follow others journey with this, so I hope some of you will try it. As you can see I'm successful with this tactic still with a very good team, but that's what you need with this tactic, Players are key

Beginning of the game -The obvious
GK Ter Stegen
DCL Papadoupoulos/Varane
BPD Cover Puyol/Pace
Anchor Crisetig
WBL El Shaarawy retrain/Bale
WBR Shaqiri retrain
MCL Hazard
MCR M.Gotze/Isco
BWMC Fellaini/W.Hughes
SCL Neymar
SCR Messi

Hope this gives an insight in what you need to have a chance with this tactic to perform its best - Lower leagues than premier league= Less quality
Cheers

Wich version above is better for my rayo **** side ?

These tactics is not for a bad team these tactics is for the team that have tremendous players in each position,

This will not work for an underdog team unless you have players like Manchester City - Manchester UTD - FC Barcelona - Real Madrid, But if you play in portugal and play as FC Porto you can lower your requirements in the league, but not champions league. What I'm saying is you can win trophys with this tactic if you are the best team in the league you are playing in, you need to have passed those requirements first. You will not be able to succeed with Rayo from the beginning of the game, they still need good players. This is not a cheat tactic - this is a tactic that blossoms offensively and defensively if your players are good/very good. It maxes out Tactic potential scoring lots of goals, and is the best tactic to watch and enjoy for FM13 in my opinion. For a team like Rayo I would play around with Arrigo Sacchi 4-4-2/Mr Langvatn thread 4-1-4-1Rock or 4-4-2 Maltetweak tc2 by w4nker you can really lower the player requirement in those tactics, but you still need the players to be decent to succeed.

Take a look at this again and ask yourself if you have players like that in your game - or Download my save game from the OP:
Beginning of the game -The obvious
GK Ter Stegen
DCL Papadoupoulos/Varane
BPD Cover Puyol/Pace
Anchor Crisetig
WBL El Shaarawy retrain/Bale
WBR Shaqiri retrain
MCL Hazard
MCR M.Gotze/Isco
BWMC Fellaini/W.Hughes
SCL Neymar
SCR Messi

Sorry I can't help you more Vitor - oh and I would Download the updated version

This One Click here

No man, my aintention wasnt to be ironic REALLY i was just thank you, IDEEND. Cheers

I didn't think you were ironic Vitor, Don't worry. I'm just being honest with everyone, I don't like sounding like I did in the Mr. Langvatn thread, but I don't like when people try and make a living on other peoples product. Their is no doubt Langvatn have done a great job with his tactics, but from their and then think its ok to make a buck on it, is for me crossing the line in this case, but enough about that. I don't wanna use any more time on this I have said what I think :)

In my current save I got sacked in Toulouse I was experimenting with other tactics and it failed. AC Milan - Middlesbrough - Brondby and Ajax all uses the 4-4-2 Arrigo Sacchi, but my FC Barcelona team ofcourse use the version 2 of the tactic of this thread and they are still going strong, very soon they are going to play some potentially tough away matches 3 in a row, but so far they score an average per game about 4.6 goals. Their have been 2 flop matches vs PSG and Real Madrid both away matches, the tactic has changed slightly since then but only in Defence where the BPD right is now cover instead of defend and BPD Left has changed to CD defend and that works really well I have conceeded only 1 goal since that change on a Setpiece.

I got some pretty decent offers on my Right Wingback age 26 Carrasco 25 million pounds and my CD BURU 43 million pounds, both offers are made by Manchester City and its paid over 24 months by them. Carrasco gets to many red cards and I'm not happy with him going forward, so I think its time for a change, I will try and get a winger that can be retrained to wingback, he will be less defensive but very good at dribbling - crossing and decent finishing which I like my wingbacks to possess. Buru I will look to replace with a faster ballplaying Defender to Cover through balls from opponent. I currently only have 1 of those.

I think when doing business its beneficial to offer players to clubs on a 24 month payment method and I think in asking for 80% extra than players value is a good score :) . Ofcourse the player needs to be valued by clubs.

200 Downloads - I would really like to hear stories good or bad with this tactics, but please saying "this don't work for me sorry"
is a bit lame, its a high requirement tactic so if it doesn't work its probably becourse you either haven't followed the OP or your players are not good enough. I doubt any team will be good enough in the beginning of the game, you will need signings for sure.

Alright I hope someone else will post their results with this

Cheers

version 2 mind you ive been slaughtered ever since lol just started so not really any decent players yet unless you count a few ita/san players that were shown to me. I cheated by changing the nationality rules so you can gain nationality if you have been in san marino for 2 yrs or more

Last edited:
well i tried your strong midfield tactic and beat Azerbaijan 2-3View attachment 366632

These are my games so far:

View attachment 366631

View attachment 366630

So were sort of having fun normally with other tactics ive used in previous attempts i get beat 8-0 or i think my hardest defeat was 14-0 by England but ill be working hard to see what i can achieve with your tactics. Oh do you use the opposition instructions with your tactics?