GOOAALL-262-FM13.3.3 by Jesaustralia - The best tactic I've seen for FM13

well i tried your strong midfield tactic and beat Azerbaijan 2-3View attachment 620581

These are my games so far:

View attachment 620583

View attachment 620586

So were sort of having fun normally with other tactics ive used in previous attempts i get beat 8-0 or i think my hardest defeat was 14-0 by England but ill be working hard to see what i can achieve with your tactics. Oh do you use the opposition instructions with your tactics?

Its an interesting project you have going on if you are use to losing 8-0 or more then this is semi success.
I use it strictly plug & play - No shouts - Assistant manager set to do Teamtalk - No opposition instructions

Strong midfield tactic/Easier to find players
:
Well if you can develope 8-10 Strong/creative DM/MC's You are far, I start them training DM training to get
positioning - Teamwork - workrate - Decision - Strenght At the start of their carreer age 17-20 - then I switch to complete forward training to get them passing - creativity - composure - anticipation - more strenght - More decision - pace and several technical abilities. It gives me the sort of player I'm looking for in the midfield, I'm lacking the creativity part in box to box midfielder training :( .

Strikers I usually train complete forward - Fast & technical with some strenght 13+. If you can find the luxury to get a flair creative player then thats going to be your deep laying striker (SCR)

Do you use San Marino in the Italian league as well, did you get the database for it like sean creator of arrigo sacchi, I think he made them world champion :)

No just started with the national team i have the san marino league down as playable. I tried this with my cheating tottenham save when i signed mattia steffanelli had him improving for a while but had too many decent players ahead of him and thought to start again with this game. Im trying to get into a domestic league so i can start training up some new san marino youngsters but nothing has come up yet. I will keep you informed how i do and see if i can get higher than 207 in the rankings.

I started a new save last weekend with Manchester City.. Used this tactic more out of curiosity, than anything else. In 1st​ season , I won EPL, FA Cup and CL, lost in C1 final. Started it with version 1 but majority of season was with version 2. So for me is a good tactic, perhaps for me a better Home tactic than an away one… Not saying or wanting or even expecting a tactic to win all games as for me would be unrealistic. Just feel the tactic could work with smaller clubs.. but would be doubtful if it would be a good tactic away for anyone other than a really top team!

Nice work and excellent tactic for top teams.. Congrats on making a very successful tactic!

View attachment 365878

I started a new save last weekend with Manchester City.. Used this tactic more out of curiosity, than anything else. In 1st​ season , I won EPL, FA Cup and CL, lost in C1 final. Started it with version 1 but majority of season was with version 2. So for me is a good tactic, perhaps for me a better Home tactic than an away one… Not saying or wanting or even expecting a tactic to win all games as for me would be unrealistic. Just feel the tactic could work with smaller clubs.. but would be doubtful if it would be a good tactic away for anyone other than a really top team!

Nice work and excellent tactic for top teams.. Congrats on making a very successful tactic!

View attachment 622218

Great post!

You actually did a great job of testing this and for that I thank you mate! - Yes no doubt this is very good at home, but away it will become promising as well if you give it a few season I think you can get too a crush all level and that is ofcourse my goal even though its unrealistic. I by the way use team cohesion 40% match training and teamwork version 2

Left striker scores the most goals, after every match I look at the players condition and I rest them according to how much their condition ended at in the match. so for example under 70 is critical and I give them 3 rest days, 75=2 rest days 78=1 rest day

When I do that I can often put my favourite players in the 1st team starting line-up and also get 50-60 goal a year top scorer :)

This tactic is not for underdogs - this tactic is for the team with the best players in any division as long as the players are the best

I'll wait a little before I will post more of my progress, but what I can say using version 2 is 1 goal conceeded last 9 matches and score more than 3 each match, but please continue testing I'm very interested to hear how that Man.C journey would go with even better players.

Cheers and thank you

Great post!

You actually did a great job of testing this and for that I thank you mate! - Yes no doubt this is very good at home, but away it will become promising as well if you give it a few season I think you can get too a crush all level and that is ofcourse my goal even though its unrealistic. I by the way use team cohesion 40% match training and teamwork version 2

Left striker scores the most goals, after every match I look at the players condition and I rest them according to how much their condition ended at in the match. so for example under 70 is critical and I give them 3 rest days, 75=2 rest days 78=1 rest day

When I do that I can often put my favourite players in the 1st team starting line-up and also get 50-60 goal a year top scorer :)

This tactic is not for underdogs - this tactic is for the team with the best players in any division as long as the players are the best

I'll wait a little before I will post more of my progress, but what I can say using version 2 is 1 goal conceeded last 9 matches and score more than 3 each match, but please continue testing I'm very interested to hear how that Man.C journey would go with even better players.

Cheers and thank you

Hi, I also answered you in the Arrigo Sacchi thread.

Well, I got tired of that tactic and am looking foir a different one, at the moment I am trying http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/160917-marcelo-3-1-4-2-a.html with good results.

What I really am looking for is a tactic that gives me lots of goals with a strong team. like 200 league goals, I already got 140 with Arrigo Sacchi, and with this Marcelo tactic I am getting 130 (will post screenshots later).

Can I rely on you tactic?

Also, just for discussion sake, could you make it 2-3-2-3 instead of 2-3-3-2 that it is now? I mean, 2 CBs, 2 WBs, 1 DM, 2 CMs, 2 wingers/IFsm and 1 striker?

Hi, I also answered you in the Arrigo Sacchi thread.

Well, I got tired of that tactic and am looking foir a different one, at the moment I am trying http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/160917-marcelo-3-1-4-2-a.html with good results.

What I really am looking for is a tactic that gives me lots of goals with a strong team. like 200 league goals, I already got 140 with Arrigo Sacchi, and with this Marcelo tactic I am getting 130 (will post screenshots later).

Can I rely on you tactic?

Also, just for discussion sake, could you make it 2-3-2-3 instead of 2-3-3-2 that it is now? I mean, 2 CBs, 2 WBs, 1 DM, 2 CMs, 2 wingers/IFsm and 1 striker?

Hey again mate and thanks for interacting
My Barca save can maybe achieve that, I can't tell yet but la primera division 11 games played 51 goals 4 conceeded
and it seems very consistant - 200 goals sound impossible, but 170 maybe with an insane team. I dare you to try version 2 with your fantastic team, and infact I want you to try and use the same training as you have had success with to see what happens.

I would retrain your great wingers to become wingbacks and even if they are not competent wingbacks wingers still play well in that position.

I'm very happy with the current setup, it creates lots of chances have huge amount of possession and in that way I have not seen a better looking tactic for strong teams, Arrigo Sacchi is a beast though and to be honest I'm not sure I have been good enough using it. So I will not be changing this tactic right now course i'm very happy with it :)

I hope you will try the version 2, I'm using team cohesion becourse it keeps the players morale very positive, but looking at your results with arrigo sacchi and athletico balanced is maybe the way to go.

Cheers

Hope your team is good otherwise I can see it go to pieces, I don't think its a tactic that can just succeed with any team, you'll need good players compared to the league you are playing in.

To everyone giving this a shot:
I was a bit tired of the defense yesterday, but looking at the stats its actually very good stats defensively, the problem is it sometimes defensively looks a little to easy for the opponent offense, so I researched a bit what I could do etc. and I came up with a change in the central defense the right ballplaying defender I changed to ballplaying cover and the left ballplaying defender i changed to normal defender CD so a pairing between a CD-defensive and a BPD-Cover. The ball playing cover defender has to have some quickness I think mine is about 17 for acceleration & pace, but he lacks a little in jumping, but its all worth it becourse he limits the chances opponents fast strikers would normally get.

I also read a little about match-training - My Barcelona team has very good strikers already and probably don't need the boost in attacking movement, so I changed that to Teamwork where they currently have strong understanding which is 2nd highest blend level. When I reach "die for each other" I will either change to match-training=Defensive positioning or Attacking setpieces.

To see that go: Click team-report-last match it might say "The team blend well together" or worse, but in my view that means you definitely need match training teamwork. The highest team blend you can have is called "Will die for each other"

To many signings a season will lower the team blend, that might hit the smaller teams the worst.

Anyway I also have an update about France which the Barcelona manager is in charge of. They use this tactic as well, but they don't have the incredible MC/AMC power that Barcelona have, but they have amazing deep laying midfielders DM/MC types, so I had a look at the Arrigo sacchi 4-4-2 tactic by sean and changed all 3 centre midfielders to the same mentality - creative freedom - hard tacling - no run with ball, they beat Ireland 0-6 away from home in a friendly, SCL scored 5 goals.

Anyway I definitely don't give up on this tactic it already started to look amazing with the changes made, anyway I can upload the france version the non dribling midfielders if anyone is interested.

Cheers

how do you get such defenders? I mean I put my young defenders on Winger training (quickness doesnt work for me) but the most i can get is 15 15, and even then after I put them back to BPD training, their pace and acceleration drops

Hi Guys I want to share what I call my lifes work for FM13 - I state big words in the title that it is probably the best for FM13 becourse in my current save I am destroying everything each week in the game. If you wanna play my save you can download it above.

The screenshots I'm about to post I think will be more than telling, so lets get right into it.

Tactic Overview 2-6-2:
View attachment 615096

Team Instructions:
View attachment 615097

Foreword:
To be honest with you I'm very proud of this tactic becourse its really anything I want in a tactic - Entertainment - Beautiful play - Domination - Lots of chances - Lots of Goals.

Cheers!

Hi, these seem to be missing

Hei Jes! Im having good games managing Victoria EC of Brazil.How do you trained your CMs with complete forward schedule? Tq for the tactic.Played 15 games win all no lose or draw GF51 GA3 will update more result

Hei Jes! Im having good games managing Victoria EC of Brazil.How do you trained your CMs with complete forward schedule? Tq for the tactic.Played 15 games win all no lose or draw GF51 GA3 will update more result

Victoria EC are they in 1st division/premier league of brazil?

Is it version 2?

CM's Train Complete forward and become possible strikers as well
The 2 cm's MCL & MCR I train to become strikers early on in their carreer I want them to get these skills especially - Creativity - Flair - Decision - acceleration - pace - Technique - First touch - dribling - finishing - offball - first touch - composure - anticipation - Strenght - Passing - (Workate and teamwork) atleast decent 12+

PPM's - knock ball past opponent - run with ball through centre - killer balls - placeshot/shoot with power if player has good strenght - one two's

Take a look at the images of the CM's on page 1 - I believe image 2 C'PARRA is a great example
Here he is Click Here to see C'Parra stats

Amazing record you have keep updating us its very interesting and exciting if you want to take screenshots use ALT+F9
The better players you get the more goals you will score.

Cheers mate!

Last edited:
Thats right mate.Still in the Campeono Baiano that is state championship before the Brasilerao.Thanks for the tips

how do you get such defenders? I mean I put my young defenders on Winger training (quickness doesnt work for me) but the most i can get is 15 15, and even then after I put them back to BPD training, their pace and acceleration drops

Hi...reply would be appreciated....also tell me do MCL and MCR track back?

Hi...reply would be appreciated....also tell me do MCL and MCR track back?

Well Due to the dominance of the tactic they don't really need to track back alot, but occassionally they do it becourse they have to, its part of their role, but you will see them much more offensive, they are the extra weapon along with the wingbacks, so to answer your question I will say Yes MCL/R Work for the team as well, but when they win the ball they either pass it on to a player in a better and more open position or run with the ball and challenge the centre Zones they are very fast (knock ball past opponent) (RWB Centre) but I think those 2 are one of the reasons why we keep such a high possession in matches.

Right now you are asking something I have tried to google but without luck - Quickness in defenders I think you could have general training set too fitness, but I reckon balanced should be able to do it as well, I don't know yet becourse I just recently changed to balanced to see how that would go. Youth team to ball control.

I read a lesser match preparation percentage like 30-20 % you would be able to individual skill train them better, but I still use individual positional training (complete forward etc.)

I bought 2 pacey defenders for my barcelona team so i didn't develop the quickness myself, my best bet is to buy a fast fullback and retrain him to central defender untill he become natural.

For me this is an annoying point and something that should have been easier to train. When I used to play soccer myself everyone was sprint training together with or without ball, and some have more talent for it than others, I guess something that needs work in future versions of the game along with other stuff like tedious shouts :)

Sorry I couldn't help you here, if anyone could shed light on how they train their central defenders Quickness please share it here.

Everyone:
Newest change that I have done in the tactic is to untick tight marking for the CDR the cover defender (Its rubbish to tight mark if you are sweeping up through balls) it looks to work really well, CDL I keep the same even though he isn't the fastest in the world. CM ballwinning mid I think I changed to tight marking and hard tacling.

SS on campeonato

What version tactic did you use?

Did you change anything?

Fantastic result, were you favourite to win it all?

what were your media prediction?

More important than anything, do you like the tactic its play and its style?

Last edited:
Well Due to the dominance of the tactic they don't really need to track back alot, but occassionally they do it becourse they have to, its part of their role, but you will see them much more offensive, they are the extra weapon along with the wingbacks, so to answer your question I will say Yes MCL/R Work for the team as well, but when they win the ball they either pass it on to a player in a better and more open position or run with the ball and challenge the centre Zones they are very fast (knock ball past opponent) (RWB Centre) but I think those 2 are one of the reasons why we keep such a high possession in matches.

Right now you are asking something I have tried to google but without luck - Quickness in defenders I think you could have general training set too fitness, but I reckon balanced should be able to do it as well, I don't know yet becourse I just recently changed to balanced to see how that would go. Youth team to ball control.

I read a lesser match preparation percentage like 30-20 % you would be able to individual skill train them better, but I still use individual positional training (complete forward etc.)

I bought 2 pacey defenders for my barcelona team so i didn't develop the quickness myself, my best bet is to buy a fast fullback and retrain him to central defender untill he become natural.

For me this is an annoying point and something that should have been easier to train. When I used to play soccer myself everyone was sprint training together with or without ball, and some have more talent for it than others, I guess something that needs work in future versions of the game along with other stuff like tedious shouts :)

Sorry I couldn't help you here, if anyone could shed light on how they train their central defenders Quickness please share it here.

Everyone:
Newest change that I have done in the tactic is to untick tight marking for the CDR the cover defender (Its rubbish to tight mark if you are sweeping up through balls) it looks to work really well, CDL I keep the same even though he isn't the fastest in the world. CM ballwinning mid I think I changed to tight marking and hard tacling.

Hi thanks a lot...

A note about quickness: I usually train my 15-18 year old defenders on either inside forward or winger training so that their pace and acceleration improves. When a defender come back from injury I also put them on the same training so that they recover their pace. I do lose some points to unnecessary attributes like dribbling, but using the focus "Quickness" doesn't seem to make them quicker.

Hi thanks a lot...

A note about quickness: I usually train my 15-18 year old defenders on either inside forward or winger training so that their pace and acceleration improves. When a defender come back from injury I also put them on the same training so that they recover their pace. I do lose some points to unnecessary attributes like dribbling, but using the focus "Quickness" doesn't seem to make them quicker.

Thanks for that explanaition champ!

Everyone:
The world cup: I'm danish so I'm sitting totally neutral watching every match and ofcourse being very happy to see a nation like Costa Rica compete with the best and ofcourse Colombia is a joy to watch, what is your favourite moment in the wor;d cup so far? Mine is probably "James Rodriguez" Volley goal. and maybe the Australian Volley goal I don't know what do you think?

If anyone care to share their progress with the tactic they are welcome, even if you tweaked the tactic it would be interesting to hear how people are going with the tactic

cheers

Hi just a suggestion.

Put WB to FB on attacking, Poacher to Target Man, and change from attacking to overload.

Hi just a suggestion.

Put WB to FB on attacking, Poacher to Target Man, and change from attacking to overload.

Are you having success with that?

Cause im having major success with my poacher sometimes scoring 4 goals a game and even 5 goals
overloading sounds like a good idea but would like to hear how you would be going with it first.
The full backs im a bit defensive about becourse i bought a couple of wingers and are retraining them to wingbacks, but if you can tell me how you are going then i might reconsider.

Cheers champ