Good players for league 1?

Kan mjell larsen gk form norweigen team molde and alan smith from newcastle on loan and ulises de la cruz for free

I know he is not exactly young but you can not go wrong with robbie fowler i signed him for hartlepool and was top scorer just beating jermaine beckford by 2 goals

My Memorable journey with Leeds United

I started with Leeds as I got bored with winning everything with Arsenal for 5 seasons on a trot.

Basically i restarted frm 2008 n Leeds were in league 1...
It was an interesting challenge n a journey to savor...

was given 100k in transfers n a budget of 79K...
darn!!! the players din look good so had 2 adjust my squad with loan buys and sell a whole bunch of goof balls..

Players SOLD:
casper ankergen (625K)
lubomir michalik (750K)
jonathan douglas (500K)
andy hughes (?)
jona how (500K)
frazer richardson (350K)
bradley johnson (500K)
ben parker (130K)

PLAYERS bought on loan:
seb hines
henri lansbury
david edgar
ruddy
jamie mole
louis pedro
damon gray

FREE trasnfers:
de la cruz (solid performer)
gerard (best player in the league with avg rating of 7.41)
baigori (good reliable left back)
alvaro novo (nice winger)
shalrie joseph (best player for any lower leagues. Was rated 7 stars in both championship and league 1)
Ian Walker (reliable GK)

Players bought:
perrier-doumbe (50K) excellent right back for lower leagues
angel bernabe (GK) (70K)
gabilondo (400K) best left winger for championship and league 1 teams
sergio matabuena (180K) (good solid DM)
cesar navas (375K) (tall CB n excellent performer, tutored paul huntington)
alexandre licata (325K) turned out 2 be one **** player
mantorras (625K) best forward

With these transfers i continued my fall season and soon these were the best players in league 1...
Caused massive upsets in winning league cup matches against bolton, cardiff and swansea...
won FA cup match against hull....
As i had been winning these "BIG" games I requestd the board for additional transfer funds. They obliged with a hefty 3M sum...

As I continued further, my squad had progessed beyond my wildest imagination....

Key things to note:
1. Good coaching Staff
Fired my useless coaches and hired three coaches
inaki bergara
angelo peruzzi
ebbe sand
With these coaches my players responded really well with their
training.

2. Formations
In big games where your odds are pretty low, using 3(CB)-2(WB)-2M(pick 1 dm n 1 am)-2(WG)-1(ST) proves to be fruitful. The AM is assigned in a free role. In my case Fabian Delph always scored crucial goals.

3. Motivating your squad during match days (individual player interaction brings out the best in them)

4. Training schedule- I initially used DarkStar's training schedule for the intial 2 months but there wasn much of an improvement. So tweaked around with the schedule and the squad progress was amazing.

Coming back to winter transfer window n I had this huge league cup semi;s against Portsmouth....AS previously mentioned the board injected with additional 3M to current xfr budget for the performance shown during the fall period...
Had 2 bring in quality players to counter portsmouth over 2 legs.

PLAYERS SOLD:

bechhio (325K)
grella (400K)
johnson (10K)
licata (200K)

PLAYERS bought:
milan smiljanic (955K) (excellent mid)
rene mihelic (130K) (very good left winger)
razvan rat (2.4M) (he was transfer listed by shatkar n was valued at 4.5M. Turned out 2 be one of the best buys and he is still present in my current squad)
rasmus jonsson (60K) (the 2nd best buy. really good forward)
Yegor Kartushov (10K) (good player but dont buy cudn renew his contract)
Chus Herrero (FRee) very good CB

As I progressed with these additions/subtractions, I drew the away game at fratton park and then won the home game 5-3 which was incredible performance with my squad. Then finals against our arch rivals Ban-Utd....(aka Man-ure)...
btw lost in FA cup semis against ****....**** **** won FA, PL and CL that season....
So in a showdown match against MANURE...i figured out their tactics during the first half in which ronaldo scored n then won 2-1 where my two best players mantorras and delph scored (at half time changed my tactics to hard tackling. BAN U tried to react and tosic got sent off). Memorable feat.....
So as the season continued we won the league 1 title and JPT as well....
Best Part was being League CUP winners meant entry into EURO CUP the following season... ;-)))

Season 2 updates 2 come....
til then...adios amigos...

sergey krivets, offer him the highest contract aswell cos alot of teams go for him, best lower league player ive ever signed.
fafiani aswell, good winger
ivan helguera on a big contract is poss

i need help, i cant post a new thread
please help me
i want to start a new Notts County thread:)

Try and bid 0% wages for players from foreign clubs on loan because sometimes 1 or 2 of them will be fantasic players. Sambou Yatabare from I think Caen was one. Also Daniel Parejo from Real Madrid from 1k was a good signing as well

get leonardo, if u have chris22 update then get leonardo, amazing for league one, probs a prem league player but he is free transfer, his dribbling is 20. passing 16 creavtity 17 basically quality. he plays left wing =D

leonardo is at shaktar on mine, does look a steal for a championship or lower half premiership club.

shame really, More championship quality players? :D

can anyone help me im Notts COunty and im about to be promoted to league one can you give many tips on who to sign to bolster my defense?

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

rapnik is a great left back and kasper schmeichel is worth a go as a goalkeeper

hugo from desportivo brasila

pat mc court from celtic

diomande from asec

mascio from cisco rom

see if you can get andy carroll on loan from newcastle and ishmael demontagnac from blackpool

okay, basically ive just started a game with huddersfield and wondering if there are any good players out there i can get on the cheap.

need rm lm is most wanted position but any other reccomendations would be great.

btw got 230k budget left.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

you could at least reply if you view it!!!!!!!!!

Currently i am managing Leeds Utd. and i bought for 875.000 € Kikin Fonseca. Two times i started with Leeds new game and Kikin Fonseca first time scored in 45 matches 33 goals, second time he scored 34 goals in 46 matches !! That is only league and also in cups at least 15 goals. I won League 1 with 104 points and scored 101 goals. Beckford scored 28 goals in league. Also there are Sol Campbell and Edgar Davids on free transfer, they did good in 1st season. I also bought on a free transfer Jean-Joel Pirrier-Doumbe he was good, 7.35 average marks :)

I hope this helps for you, also i used tactics from 2009 i made them for 2010. Maybe Leeds utd is too strong team for Championship League 1 but i have troubles in second season in Championship. Real problems in this version are low concentration from defenders.

i had started with huddersfield and managed to get them to championship. well, i always sign lots of players and off course, sell a lot too. check smolinski from legia (AM LC), mitsanski (Striker) from zaglebie, zlatinski (AM LC), bandalovski (Wing Back Right) and Felipe (Forward) from Juventude.
my best sign was bringing WALDO PONCE, natinal chilean central defender, for free (though he arrived at the mid season window. this player is a must for any LEAGUE 1 or CHAMPIONSHIP club, even for a weaker side on premier.
at the mid season window i brought jonathan dos santos from barcelona, and nicolas medina, chilean striker.

Back