GRANDE Wide 41221-The Better Half´s Final Sets

hi TBH, thanks for your reply earlier...read your "palace project" thread, and as good as it is, i figured id try this first...would any of your tactics work with my ligue 2 nantes rabble, where the passing atts of my players range at 6 at worst and 13 at best?

hi TBH, thanks for your reply earlier...read your "palace project" thread, and as good as it is, i figured id try this first...would any of your tactics work with my ligue 2 nantes rabble, where the passing atts of my players range at 6 at worst and 13 at best?

The set Will work unless your forwards are ****. The only tweak I would make is to perhaps lower the creative freedom of the wingers ; perhaps with 30-50 %

should i use 3 tactics in my match prep, if so which 3 would you suggest?

duh, sorry...cheers!...just as a thought, do you want me to test, and let you know how results go?

duh, sorry...cheers!...just as a thought, do you want me to test, and let you know how results go?

Please do. Just remember what I wrote in out pm coversation that as you are in à slump of form, its best to grind out some results nu playing the more cautious versions

so you think the defend or counter may be best to use to see the final 13 games out, and start afresh from next season, using your recommended tactics?

so you think the defend or counter may be best to use to see the final 13 games out, and start afresh from next season, using your recommended tactics?
And DEFEND. Counter is only to be used as in the descriprion of the tactic though

cheers TBH, you've been most patient and helpful tonite...thanks a lot :D

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

just an update...38 mins in, in my 1st game and im 3-0 down already to the bottom club :(...oh dear, lets see what happens.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

i switched to the cautious tactic and won the 2nd half 0-2, with my striker missing a good chance in the last minute...maybe i should have gone with cautious instead of defend to start with, but given with how we've been playing, i was being extra cautious, but got punished.

[/COLOR]just an update...38 mins in, in my 1st game and im 3-0 down already to the bottom club :(...oh dear, lets see what happens.i switched to the cautious tactic and won the 2nd half 0-2, with my striker missing a good chance in the last minute...maybe i should have gone with cautious instead of defend to start with, but given with how we've been playing, i was being extra cautious, but got punished.
Yeah I think that you may have missunderstood me. I would never actually start à game against the bottom club using DEFEND. I meant tjat you should consider that version to, but not when actually wanting to score goals, möte when holding on to à lead when the opponent is attacking you.

thanks, i just went with defend as an over cautious tactic, given how bad we've been playing...at home the next game, i won 2-0, against 18th place ajaccio, using the standard formation...hopefully from small acorns...will continue testing and let you know how i go with the rest of the season.

Please do. Just remember what I wrote in out pm coversation that as you are in à slump of form, its best to grind out some results nu playing the more cautious versions

@TBH, and for anyone else interested...i used these tactics from monday the 7th march onwards. I found that for me personally, the standard tactic didnt do much for me, though i will try afresh from next season, with a few new signings. The defensive didnt work much either (maybe i dont have the players to soak up pressure?)...the overload tactic i used when needing a goal, never made any difference at all?...the tactic i used most, both home and away, was the cautious one...with my pace on the flanks and my striker, i found i was hitting teams on the counter regularly...with better players, i couldve won more, were it not for my profligacy in front of goal (although i did have a fair few (some very dodgy) disallowed).
could well be worth persevering with for next season...these are just my findings, not having a dig at these tactics...after all, if i was any good, id be creating my own.

just one thing TBH, could you perhaps post up a few essential attribute requirements for each position please?...i know, i need to be spoonfed, lol

View attachment 186890

Last edited:
@TBH, and for anyone else interested...i used these tactics from monday the 7th march onwards. I found that for me personally, the standard tactic didnt do much for me, though i will try afresh from next season, with a few new signings. The defensive didnt work much either (maybe i dont have the players to soak up pressure?)...the overload tactic i used when needing a goal, never made any difference at all?...the tactic i used most, both home and away, was the cautious one...with my pace on the flanks and my striker, i found i was hitting teams on the counter regularly...with better players, i couldve won more, were it not for my profligacy in front of goal (although i did have a fair few (some very dodgy) disallowed).could well be worth persevering with for next season...these are just my findings, not having a dig at these tactics...after all, if i was any good, id be creating my own.just one thing TBH, could you perhaps post up a few essential attribute requirements for each position please?...i know, i need to be spoonfed, lolView attachment 186890
Thats pretty much the result we expected given the circumstances. I am comfident that once starting à new season, building up the confidence during preseason, you Will get results using the standard more attacking version as well although I still think that you should consider playing CAUTIOUS in most away games and home against the top teams.

About the playerstays: I decided not to as everytime I make these suggestions, it seems to actract users that cant handle à set of tactics( statisticlly, not all users) but as à small pointer, it is important to have balance through out the squad. Some players need to be able to break up attacks, using their strengths and intelligence. Some players need to be able to break the pattern, using their flair etc. As for the attacker, he needs to be as good as your ambition. If playing with à lesser team, trying to avoid relegation, mostly using cautious and counter, then pace is more important then intelligence but the higher up the ladder you get, the more complete he needs to be

Finally home at my computer.

Here are some stats from my current Everton save. As you see, we have dominated the games against equal and lesser teams in terms of chances to score. Against Chelsea, I must admit that we where a bit lucky but they showed pure frustration and when you do that, you miss your chances. Against City, we where put under too much pressure and was lucky that Tevez or any other player did not urn on their brilliance to score some screamers but as they don't do that every game, we managed to win one in the cup and draw the other in the league. When restricting them to longshots, you sometimes have to accept that if they have high flair, they will put away 3 out of 3 on some games though so against these top teams, we will loose 5-1 on any given sunday even though the match stats will look just like the ones in the city games.

evertonfixtures1.png

evertonsquad.png

game1f.png

game2c.png

game3.png

game4l.png

game5e.png

game6.png

game7i.png

game8.png

spursaway.png

Another Example of version picking and match preperation

Pregame, I decided to use the STANDARD version as I did not want to be cautious. If having played at Villa park, then cautious would have been my first choice. As you see in the screenshots, Villa had scored a whole of 8 goals from set pieces, 8 goals from their 17, alsmot very second of their goal. There for, I chose DEFENSIVE SET PIECES as the focus area.

villasetp.png

villasetp2.png

1st half

We started with Standard and where in control of the game, scoring 2-0, and I saw no reason to change version in the first half as we where closer in scoring 3-0 than conceding

2nd half

We scored 3-0 after a few minutes. After that, it looked like Villa took charge of the game and this down to two reason
- They sat deeper and held possession, moving upfield as a unit
- Our players seemed contempt with the result

Then, I decided to take control of the game again by playing a more probing football, using more of the pitch and hassle them higher uo in the field, i.e, I switched to SLOW BREAKDOWN

The result ? – Well, we broke up attacks higher up in the pitch and scored 3 more goals, never being near of conceding

villahome.png

Everton save 1/4 into the season

table10.png

Many players have performed really well

stats10n.png

Most assist come form the left flank. Yakubu is the biggest surprise here, having played only 3 games form start and made 3 subs, scoring 2 goals and making 6 assist

assist10.png

..and there for, most goals came from the right flank. Mind you, Coleman scored 5 in the opening game away against QPR

goals10.png