GRANDE Wide 41221-The Better Half´s Final Sets

Two points, Valencia away ended 1-1. I only invested in one player, Vagner Love, when Villa got 8 weeks injury. Turned out that his made for this formation. :)View attachment 192408
Haha, only 2 points lost all season, thats pretty good. I cant remember having à season like that. Even if playing with the top team, I tend to make defensive lapses late in the season or concede some fluke goals combined with à red card, in the end hindering me from getting that unbeaten season

Thanks for the shared tactics, however I do have a small question - in all those tactics the wingers are being told to hold up ball and man mark tightly opposition players. Since most wingers doesn't have the attributes to do that(there aren't many Kuyt-like wingers) are those instructions useful at all?

Thanks for the shared tactics, however I do have a small question - in all those tactics the wingers are being told to hold up ball and man mark tightly opposition players. Since most wingers doesn't have the attributes to do that(there aren't many Kuyt-like wingers) are those instructions useful at all?

Good questions and reflections. However, the hold up ball is not for Strong Target men only. For a player high up in the field, playing in the most advanced positions, its important that he is able to hold off the opponent if that’s the orders he has been given. Here however, we ask the wingers to take some more time on the ball, considering their options whilst beating their man with the ball at their feet. When having lots of free space down the flank, this extra time allows not only the winger on the opposite flank to move into the box but it also generates better passes from the winger.With this said, the wingers does not have to have a 16+ stat in strength. Most of my players being used here are rather strong though, between 10-16 as its something that I look for in all players at the highest level. Those players with a stats lower than 10 can also often make up for this with a really stats in Agility.

As for the Marking, its two reasons really. The man marking is because its more suited for player NOT being good at marking, positioning. The tight marking bit is because we want him to stay up high in the field AND to eliminate the AI fullbacks form being clear passing options

Last edited:

End of my 2nd season with Everton – These results are with a team that indeed should be able to push for the title in the prem, but perhaps not in the CL

2nd1l.png

The CL

2nd2.png

The FA CUP

2nd8.png

The League

2nd4.png

2nd5.png

2nd6.png

Start of 3rd season with Everton – A top team

As you see, not a single opponent has had a single CCC and the only goal conceded is an own goal

3rd1.png

3rd2.png

3rd3.png

3rd4.png

3rd5.png

3rd6.png

3rdseassontable5.png

Last edited:
hi mate, playing with a top team and with the 3 advanced players being able to play as winger l/r and forward (i.e. Villa, Messi, Sanchez) what do u think about the opportunity to switch the 3 men between them during the match???

hi mate, playing with a top team and with the 3 advanced players being able to play as winger l/r and forward (i.e. Villa, Messi, Sanchez) what do u think about the opportunity to switch the 3 men between them during the match???

I see no reason not to although, is it really possible to swap 3 players. I know that it worked in FM10 but that was down to à glitch in the game as it should never have worked.

After using your plug and play tactics with great success, I have decided to give these a go as using plug and play tactics do take some of the fun out of the game. I have started with Man Utd, signing two players to bolster the midfield, Moussa Sissoko and Milan Badelj. Here are my results so far:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was using the 41221 Plug and Play tactic of yours until the Rubin match which I won 3-0, from the Sunderland match onwards, I have been using this set and am loving it. I feel a sense of achievement with every result I get as I've got to watch the opposition and monitor the match stats, then make changes. And when they pay off, it feels good :)

Also, I've started watching matches in Extended highlight mode as opposed to Key highlights which I am enjoying alot more as well.

Thanks!

---------- Post added 16/09/2011 at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was 14/09/2011 at 12:21 PM ----------

I am absolutely loving this set!

It really gives you the feeling of satisfaction when you change to counter and score a goal on the counter or when you switch to defend and close out a game. In my last 12 games, I have drawn one and , won 11. Also, really enjoying watching the match with extended highlights, it really helps to understand the ME and why things happen when they do.

---------- Post added 19/09/2011 at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was 16/09/2011 at 04:32 PM ----------

Hi TBH, Still loving this set but I have a few issues. Okay firstly, Rooney has played 15 games and only scored 4 times although he has made 8 assists. Do you have any idea why this could be or what I can do? I was thinking of playing him on the wing or as the MCR and Hernandez up front. Do you think that would be a good idea?

Also, Vidic has scored 10 goals in 16 games which is a little on the high side I think. I was thinking of changing the corners from "Near Post" to "Mixed" but due to the lack of goals from Rooney, I think I might struggle to win games

These are my fixtures since the last update:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have drawn my last 3 games because I am being too cautious I think. Will try to be a little more adventurous going forward.

Your tactics are killing League One for me, mate!
In January with Huddersfield, top of the league, one loss!
18 match unbeaten steak in the league and on course for promotion!

View attachment 195904

gonna give these tactics another go with my newcastle side...can anyone advise me...would you buy a player if his attributes suited the tactic, but was say, only a 2, or 2 and a half star rated player?...could a player like that be good enough for the prem, or could he just slot into the tactic regardless because his attributes fit?

Your tactics are killing League One for me, mate!
In January with Huddersfield, top of the league, one loss!
18 match unbeaten steak in the league and on course for promotion!

Really good results. How many of the versions are you using and how often do you switch ingame ?

Last update on the Everton save, having had a pretty good 3rd season. Currently, we are on a 119 matches unbeaten run in all competitions.

(2 more matches to play:Fa Cup final vs ManU and CL final vs Barca Wish me luck :D )

lastcrissy.png

Last edited:
Hello,

Two words for you.... fraking EPIC tactic set, nuff said.

I went to Stamford Bridge hunting for a much needed win, my team, Real Madrid, was badly underperforming when I took over, and I must point out again, your expected brilliance as a tactician.

They scored 1st as I initiated the match with the "slow breakdown" version,then changed to counter,scored 3x before the half time. In the 2nd half, expecting a avalanche coming from Chelsea, I switched to defend,score another one in the process, and just for the fun of it, in the last 10m, popped the Overloading to finish them off in style.

Final result 1-5 for fun while watching the full match. You sir, are a ******* genious. Thank you very much for creating this epic set.

All i have to say is awsome!!!!

Will post some scrennies if TBH wants?

First season with Newcastle came third won FA cup, second season dominating premier league and champions league beat Man who 5-2 at home Chelsea 4-0 away, Bayern munich 3-1 at home numerous others!!! no losses at home yet!!! won 14 straight games at home first season.

I think tactical sets are the future of Fm (no wonder one fits all tactics)

Awsome job Tbh keep up the good work!!!

To the dude who said Vagner Love was built for this set no kidding he has been killing it!!!

Shay

All i have to say is awsome!!!!

Will post some scrennies if TBH wants?

First season with Newcastle came third won FA cup, second season dominating premier league and champions league beat Man who 5-2 at home Chelsea 4-0 away, Bayern munich 3-1 at home numerous others!!! no losses at home yet!!! won 14 straight games at home first season.

I think tactical sets are the future of Fm (no wonder one fits all tactics)

Awsome job Tbh keep up the good work!!!

To the dude who said Vagner Love was built for this set no kidding he has been killing it!!!

Shay
Please do upload screens. Sounding like you are having fun with the set, perhaps you could also write something about the way you pick versions .

Cheers

The Cup matches - Season 3.

Managed to win the CL, beating Barca 5-0 ( !!!!) in the final, as well as the FACup, 3-0 vs United

lastcrissy2.png

Last edited:
Moved to the FM12 section

as the set work just as good in FM12 as it did in FM11 ( of course, along with every possible tactic to be made ;D )

Last edited:
Okay, but this topic is very long, too many files, can you tell me with exactly file i have to download please?

Okay, but this topic is very long, too many files, can you tell me with exactly file i have to download please?
???? To many files???

The only files uploaded are those in the opening post and thats my tactics.