Liverpool maybe when they won the League Cup FA Cup and UEFA cup (as it was then) 2001. Houllier as manager was near start of his reign.

Owen at his peak, McCallister pulling the strings, Gerrard just emerging, Hyypia, Henchoz and Babbel beasts at the back and even a somewaht clincal Emile Heskey. Had 'good' players at the time like Ziege, Smicer, Berger, Fowler, Redknapp, Hamann, Carragher and Murphy.

Not sure what Liverpool squad to put in tbh, the highly successful team of 2001 was a squad of good players and some greats that worked well together. The 2009 league runners up where also a squad but of a higher quality of player and they almost reached the promise land, Benitez messed up fact.
Again there will be some disagreement with the year but it is about great teams not necessarily successful ones. Would the 01 squad fair better than the 09? IMO no they never got as close to winning the league or the champions league as they did that year, had they beaten chelsea that is. comparing the 01 and the 09 squads. (The cl winning squad was the worst for quality but they did work well together)
The thing that, for me at least, makes the liverpool squad of 09 stand out was their dominance and work rate. Torres, Gerrard, Carragher all had stellar years but it was the lack of quality help for Torres up front (Keane was never given a chance) that cost them. The 01 team had some great players but it seemed a flash in the pan year for some (Heskey being the main one) and was broken up soon after. The 09 team would have been champions had benitez be a better judge of ability and talent, he got it right some times but overall he was like houlier, he bought loads in but they never looked able to play at any level. Aquilani, Gonzalez, Nunes. Ultimately it was the financial trouble and the drying up of a youth system that held them back. But 01 was considered.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Not saying the 01 team was **** just that the 09 team was a wow team. Had the team of 01 gone on and improved then it would have been in but it never. I guess i will leave it up to you all to vote on which of the two to add.

Liverpool 2000/2001 squad or Liverpool 2008/2009 squad.

And all the above is just my opinion sorry if i have offended anyone.

Last edited:
'04 AC Milan need to be there, one of the finest teams I've ever seen since '70 Brazil,
Cafu, Dida, Maldini, Gattuso, Crespo, Schevchenko, Seedorf, Pirlo, Kaka, Jaap Stam, Rui Costa, Kaladze. No questions.

Manchester United 07-08 League and CL double Cristiano Ronaldo 42 goals beat Barcalona in the semi finals need i say more!

Santos 2010-11 xD
Roma 2000-01
Boca Juniors 99-2000
Inter Milan 2009-10
Bayern Munich 2001
_______
And Ajax, Juventus, River Plate in 95-96 season were class ;)

... but my Unbeatable Arsenal with Campbell, Vieira, Henry... will dominate 'em all! (6)

Last edited:
Liverpool 00/01 Treble Worthington Cup, Uefa Cup, FA Cup and later the European Super Cup
Liverpool 04/05 The Greatest Champions League Final in history!!
Liverpool 08/09 We Lost 2 games in the prem league all season and we beat R.Madrid 1-0 away and 4-0 homewe were pretty much unbeatable :)
Unbeatable yet didn't win the league hehehe

---------- Post added at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

Manchester United 07-08 League and CL double Cristiano Ronaldo 42 goals beat Barcalona in the semi finals need i say more!
Indeed, the 08 team was so exciting to watch Rooney-Ronaldo-Tevez in the same team was great

Maybe Monaco 2004 (CL finalists) - Prso, Giuly, Rothen, Plasil, Nonda, Morientes ?

one slight problem is the crossover's.
For example:

Zidane played for both your proposed Juventus and real Madrid team.

Arsenal 2001-2004
Barca 2010/11
Man Utd 2007/08
The first Galaticos.

The Porto season were they had Deco, Diego, Quaresma, Benni Mcarthy (when he was in form) and many more

I agree with this, Deschamps did wonders for them...If they had kept him then Lyon of today wouldn't of existed. Did they have Evra then too???
Would love to see the database as I honestly think that arsenal team would of been the only team capable of beating barcelona of today, If I remember Gk-Seaman / R Wright, RB- Winterburn / Lauren, LB- Dixon / A Cole, CB Adams / Campbell, CB Keown / K Toure, AMR- Overmars / Lungberg, AML Pires / Van Bronkhors,t MC- Vieira / G Silva, MC Petit / Parlour / Edu, ST- Henry / Kanu, ST- Bergkamp / Wiltord.
I'm not even an arsenal fan and I can remember nearly all the players, they had youngsters like upson, jeffers, pennant and bentley too...