Jake89

FM or Revision? Hmm.....
Reaction score
attachment.php

BREAKING NEWS FROM SKYSPORTS

wenger%20fail.png

Wenger forced out after another season of disappointment

News has just broken that Arsene Wenger has parted company with Arsenal after yet again failing to deliver on his promise of trophies and glory. Despite building a promising young side in recent years, Arsenal have not won a trophy since winning the FA Cup in 2005. Arsenal have announced that Arsene's successor will be announced later on today

ARSENAL ANNOUNCE HOPPER AS SUCCESOR

Arsenal have not waited around to appoint their replacement for Wenger and have announced bright prospect Jake Hopper, former Everton manager. He joins Arsenal with a wealth of past success, with most of this coming from his time at Everton, in which he guided Everton to the Premier League title in just his first season. He later went on to win domestic honors and a sensational Champions League win in just his 3rd season in top flight management.

Welsh manager, Hopper, said that he fancied a fresh challenge as he had won everything possible with Everton and was looking forward to the challenge of taking over such a prestigious club, and once again taking them down the path to glory which has been forgotten in recent years. Hopper stated that he has absolutely no intention of following the transfer style of Wenger and intends to invest heavily this summer to expand the squad in the areas he has identified. "Well over recent years anybody from the outside can see that Arsenal are lacking in the combative midfield department since the departure of Vieira, and I will be brining somebody in immediately who can fill this role. I am also in the market for a new centre back with a lot of ours aging now such as Campbell, Silvestre and Gallas.

Stay tuned to Sky Sports to hear any signings new Arsenal manager Jake Hopper makes.

Good luck pal. I know I am going to enjoy this one. I :wub: Arsenal.

Everton one is still tucked away, might bring it back out in the summer months :) Cheers guys.

attachment.php

ARSENAL MANAGER SET TO UNVEIL 4 NEW SIGNINGS

Arsenal manager Jake Hopper has told us to be prepared to be shocked as he has captured 4 new signings already since taking over just earlier today.

"Hi, I would first like to thank you all for all your support since I have taken on this new challenge in my career, and thank you all for coming out today to witness one of the busiest days in the history of Arsenal football club. I have captured some brilliant talents, whom I believe can see us go on and win some silverware this season, whether thats the domestic league, the Champions League or even the FA Cup, I promise we will be celebrating come the end of the season.

Now to the reason we are all here today, our new arrivals. First, this man needs no introductions in these parts as he is a former captain and a hugely respected man at Arsenal. No, its not Thierry! Calm down please! Here is, Mr Gilberto Silva!

Gilberto_Silva.jpg

I think Gilberto still has plenty to offer to this club and his physical presence and influence on the team will be a massive factor over the coming season. A bargain at £2.7m.

On to the next signing. Joining us from Sampdoria for a fee of around £12m, Italian International Angelo Palombo. For those of you who haven't heard of Angelo he is a fierce competitor in the center of the midfield. A real battler with grit and determination, he is what Arsenal have been lacking in recent years.

13314.jpg

Next up is a man I have a huge respect for and is one of the reasons I am where I am today, due to his fantastic performances at the back for Everton playing under me in the last 3 seasons. Joseph Yobo, a pure athlete. Strong, Quick, a composed and powerful center back. Will be a replacement for the aging Campbell and Gallas and will form a deadly partnership with Vermaelen which will have every striker in the Premier League quaking in their boots.

JosephYobo_230150.jpg

Finally, this may be the one that suprises you the most. I consider this deal to be a magnificent coup and could be the best signing of the decade. Enter, David Guiza.

Guiza_978149.jpg

David has joined us on loan for the season from Fenerbahce, and whats even better is we only paid £400k and half his wages. This could prove chicken feed come the end of the season as I have the utmost confidence in Guiza's ability, he is a Spanish international for christ sake!

That just about wraps up proceedings for today, I would like to thank you all for coming out."

Last edited:
Good luck buddy. You certainly don't need to rebuild for youth like i did :p

Just as I decide I may start an Arsenal story I start seeing as new one almost everyday :S. Anyways good luck.

Thanks Heili, be sure to follow :D

Sorry Nathan, just really fancied going a top team for a change :)

BTW, can anyone help me. When I am writing in the box down below, when I click bold it doesnt show the text in bold, just adds the code like and does the same for fonts, sizes etc. Its annoying because I cannot see what I am doing unless I preview all the time, and I also cannot resize images. Anyone know why this is? I am using Opera.

Last edited:
BTW, can anyone help me. When I am writing in the box down below, when I click bold it doesnt show the text in bold, just adds the code like and does the same for fonts, sizes etc. Its annoying because I cannot see what I am doing unless I preview all the time, and I also cannot resize images. Anyone know why this is? I am using Opera.

when i do updates for my arsenal story(link below) i always click on the reply button below the last post and it works for me hope this helps.(A)

when i do updates for my arsenal story(link below) i always click on the reply button below the last post and it works for me hope this helps.(A)

Yeh I do that but its not working, really weird as it used to be fine...

Good luck mate

Cheers Anu

View attachment 67296

This is the formation I am going to be using, supplying width and the ability to keep the ball well in the middle of the park with the 3 central midfielders. The full backs will look to get forward and the cover for these will then be supplied by the DMC.

PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 1

Start the season with a decent game, an away trip to recently promoted Burnley.

Burnley 0 - 1 Arsenal
Rosicky (38)

6 - SHOTS - 16
3 - SOT - 9
0 - WOODWORK - 3
0 - CCC - 3
44 - POSSESSION - 56​

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BEST PLACED PLAYOFF LEG 1

Arsenal 1 - 2 Fiorentina
Vermaelen (7)
Gilardino (11,36)

18 - SHOTS - 9
8 - SOT - 3
4 - WOODWORK - 0
3 - CCC - 1
56 - POSSESSION - 44

Disappointed to have lost this game after our dominance. Means we need to go to Italy and win now, can be done if we take our chances.

PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 2

Arsenal 5 - 0 Wolves
Arshavin (3, 39)
Guiza (17)
Yobo (37)
Vela (85)

20 - SHOTS - 10
10 - SOT - 6
1 - WOODWORK - 0
5 - CCC - 1
58 - POSSESSION - 42

Good win which should hopefully boost the confidence before we head to Florence.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BEST PLACED PLAYOFF LEG 2

Fiorentina 0 - 2 Arsenal
Yobo (51)
Guiza (60)

17 - SHOTS - 14
7 - SOT - 6
0 - WOODWORK - 0
1 - CCC - 4
50 - POSSESSION - 50

Great win and we're into the group stages. Seeded first for the draw and here is how it turned out:

Arsenal_256.png

1171158818.png

Atletico_madrid.png

VfL%20Wolfsburg.png

Very tough group where anybody can qualify. Home wins will be important here.

Last edited:
Tough group man, good luck with the season, great comeback against fiorentina

Good start pal, a really tough Champions League group but I am sure you can make it through. I look forward to the next update.

Great Start if its anything like your Everton one we are all in for a treat :D

SEPTEMBER UPDATE

PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 3

Arsenal 0 - 0 Stoke

17 - SHOTS - 3
8 - SOT - 1
0 - WOODWORK - 0
1 - CCC - 0
50 - POSSESSION - 50

Disappointing draw, just couldn't score today. Stoke had nothing in the way of going forward.

PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 4

Tottenham 2 - 0 Arsenal

Pavlyuchenko (16)
Lennon (51)

article-0-0291D110000005DC-432_306x423.jpg

Pavlyuchenko celebrates opening the scoring

14 - SHOTS - 7
7 - SOT - 3
0 - WOODWORK - 1
2 - CCC - 0
50 - POSSESSION - 50

That one hurt, got the fans on our back massively and will have to win them over with some good form in the coming weeks.

PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 5

Sunderland 0 - 3 Arsenal
Guiza (6,38)
Arshavin (73)

Daniel-Guiza-celebrates_2322775.jpg

Guiza celebrates his brace

11 - SHOTS - 16
3 - SOT - 9
0 - WOODWORK - 1
2 - CCC - 4
47 - POSSESSION - 53

Much better, Guiza getting himself on the scoresheet again. Good to see.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUPSTAGE MATCH 1

Inter 1 - 1 Arsenal

Van Persie (37)
Pandev (87)

10 - SHOTS - 7
4- SOT - 2
1 - WOODWORK - 0
3 - CCC - 0
49 - POSSESSION - 51

Unlucky to drop points so late on, however Inter were the better team for much of the game. Valuable point.

PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 6

Arsenal 2 - 1 Bolton

Elmander (25)
Guiza (29)
Arshavin (42)

Showed good character to come back and win this game against the Arsenal bogey team in recent seasons, Bolton, very pleasing.

13 - SHOTS - 10
5 - SOT - 4
0 - WOODWORK - 0
3 - CCC - 2
48 - POSSESSION - 52

LEAGUE CUP 3RD ROUND

Arsenal 4 - 0 Nottm Forest
Bendtner (20,45,85,90)

nicklas_bendtner_371067a1.jpg

Bendtner celebrates his fantastic 4 goals

26 - SHOTS - 3
14 - SOT - 2
1 - WOODWORK - 0
5 - CCC - 0
55 - POSSESSION - 45

PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 7

Arsenal 2 - 0 Birmingham
Nasri (7)
Bendtner (21)

24 - SHOTS - 3
6 - SOT - 0
1 - WOODWORK - 0
1 - CCC - 0
56 - POSSESSION - 44

Good run of form now which is good, have some tricky games coming up including Chelsea and Man United away in the Premier League.

View attachment 67390

Not too bad of a position, just 2 off the leader after everybody has slipped up so far. Will need to come through the games against United and Chelsea without losing otherwise we might fall to far behind even at this early stage.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

David Guiza :- The loanee has bagged 5 goals in 9 games so far, a fantastic return considering he was brought in for just 450k for the year. Could prove a great signing and a big player for us as the other strikers are missing lots of chances.

Nicholas Bendtner :- Also had a good month getting 5 goals, 4 of these in one game against Nottm Forest.

Wow! Guiza has been great! Not too bad of a recovery really mate after two bad results. You can win the title!

By the way, come on msn, I miss you :'(

OCTOBER UPDATE

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUPSTAGE MATCH 2

Arsenal 4 - 0 Wolfsburg
Van Persie (1, 39)
Guiza (13)
Fabregas (56)

14 - SHOTS - 6
8 - SOT - 2
0 - WOODWORK - 0
3 - CCC - 1
49 - POSSESSION - 51

PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 8

Chelsea 0 - 1 Arsenal
Fabregas S/O (41)
Eduardo (88)

eduardo_ah.jpg

Eduardo celebrates late winner against rivals Chelsea

18 - SHOTS - 9
7- SOT - 3
0 - WOODWORK - 0
0 - CCC - 1
61 - POSSESSION - 39

Despite Chelsea having the lionshare of possession, as expected after Cesc's early red card, Arsenal leave Stamford Bridge with a huge 3 points in the bag. Edurado completed the smash'n'grab in the 88th minute to seal a historic win.

PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 9

Man United 0 - 1 Arsenal
Walcott (75)

theo-walcott-arsenal.jpg

Walcott celebrates his late winner against United and his 1st goal of the season.

14 - SHOTS - 6
8 - SOT - 2
0 - WOODWORK - 0
3 - CCC - 1
49 - POSSESSION - 51
Another brilliant late away win secured by a substitute, when the lightning pace caught out the tired legs of United's defenders and Walcott hit them on the counter, slotting past a helpless Edwin Van der Sar.

More of october to come....

two brilliant results there :D I am really looking forward to the next update