Resource icon

Hacker - breaking the game with all I know about it V2

Original start 11 (lot of injuries). Thinking about selling coutinho as his salary is 3rd in the team and his just a backup in my team. He might play as LW RW or FN hard decision. Umtitti will go for sure if Nice will not buy todibo.
1613765576368.png

And an results update + some "worst results" match stats. AmaFu..ing..maizg tactic. Havent experienced this with any tactic in 2021 era.
1613766626588.png

1613766676476.png

1613766724623.png

1613766767421.png

I'll try not to let this thread die.
Gran Derby of europe stats:
1613769137199.png

I think Set pieces in this tactic are the best what we can find on current patch:
1613812127685.png

1613812171490.png

And results update - I've started to loose goals FM-style. :)
1613812276521.png

Attachments

• 1613811807010.png
    1613811807010.png
    153.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 1613811836374.png
    1613811836374.png
    163.8 KB · Views: 53
The tactic works brilliantly currently sitting 4th with Bolton in the 24/25 season 3 points clear of 5th (Man city) with the 3rd lowest wage spending in the league but I have had to modify positions slightly due having limited transfer budget. I do have a few questions on the topic of exploiting the game though that i'm interested in your opinion;

What is the best individual training setup? I'm currently using the single assignment double intensity method but not sure if you'd agree it is the optimal method.

What is your recommended setup for long throwin takers? With my testing i'm not sure the higher the stat is always better, i'm also not sure that the bullet throw is the best option each, definitely had mixed success with them. The higher the stat just seems to throw it further which isn't always what you want and the bullet throw seems like some times it's easier for defenders to deal with.

The tactic works brilliantly currently sitting 4th with Bolton in the 24/25 season 3 points clear of 5th (Man city) with the 3rd lowest wage spending in the league but I have had to modify positions slightly due having limited transfer budget. I do have a few questions on the topic of exploiting the game though that i'm interested in your opinion;

What is the best individual training setup? I'm currently using the single assignment double intensity method but not sure if you'd agree it is the optimal method.

What is your recommended setup for long throwin takers? With my testing i'm not sure the higher the stat is always better, i'm also not sure that the bullet throw is the best option each, definitely had mixed success with them. The higher the stat just seems to throw it further which isn't always what you want and the bullet throw seems like some times it's easier for defenders to deal with.

This is my current setup for first team:

individual training.PNG

first team.PNG

I just train the players in the roles they are playing in, except central defenders which despite playing in CD role are training as Ball Playing Defenders - I find CD role to be generally better than BPD (especially defensively) but I still like my players to have a little bit of passing and vision, so they lose the ball less often.
Training intensity for my first team is set to normal intensity but that's because of few different things:
- I'm playing a lot of double gameweeks throughout the season, because of UCL
- I like to use a pretty small roster (20-21 players, I don't really want to have more than 1-2 players outside the bench)
- I'm not a fan of rest sessions in my training - they drop down match sharpness, and I like to utilise every training block possible, squeezing in session like community outreach or team bonding wherever it's possible

I can't really allow my players to get jaded or injured, and that's what was happening when I was using double intensity. But if you're playing only one game per week most of the time, I'd say it's pretty safe to use double intensity (for players with excellent condition of course).
I still use double intensity for my U19 team though:

u19.PNG

I have DL taking left throw-in and DR taking right throw-in. If they're long throws attribute is really low you can add additional focus for them. I haven't really experimented with traits so I don't really have any advice about that (I just train all my shadow strikers to have "places shots" + "likes to lob the keeper" and maybe "likes to round the keeper (depending how high is their composure), but that's about it).

It's just a squad view for your convenience, to allow you to quickly inspect your teams DNA attributes. Put the downloaded file in your Football Manager 2021 -> views folder, then go to the "Squad" tab in game -> click on the box net to "Players" -> "custom" -> import view and then choose the file. It's nothing fancy, just a simple squad view for DNA attributes with some other basic info like age or personality.

That's the problem I've also ran into myself (DLP performing the worst), unfortunately I haven't been able to find any solution yet. One thing you could possibly try is the tweak suggested by @ClaudiuG, changing DLP to DM (S) with the same instructions, but from my own tests (both FMBase save with frozen players and holiday tests with different teams) there seems to be a slight drop in overall team performance, however I haven't tested it enough playing by myself, so maybe it could be a possible solution for you.
Other interesting option that was actually performing decently in my tests was changing the DLP to Half-Back, it especially improved the underdog performance in the FMBase frozen tests, so maybe it could be something to consider when playing away against strong teams, but from my own playing experience the tactic struggles more with creation than defence, and changing DLP to HB will naturally limit the offensive capabilities of the tactic.

I consider DNA to be the core of my team - the attributes that everyone needs to have, which will allow me to build a hard-working, strong physically squad, that's why I don't have any technicals there (because those are usually position specific). But that doesn't mean that if a player has a high DNA stat I'll automatically buy him and put him in my team, it's more like - "you pass the DNA treshhold? Great, then I can look at your other, position-specific attributes and find the best option that way". My method of scouting is to get all the players that have DNA attributes over 10 in my shortlist, look through them using player search filters, filtering by position-specific attributes or just checking the scout recommendation (because I already have full knowledge of them, after scouting them), find the one that is the best for the position I'm looking for, check if he passes the DNA treshold, and if he does I buy him.

Ideally I would want my players to have all the DNA attributes over 13/14, but there could be a case of a player that has for example 11 teamwork but 15 and 16 in all his DNA attributes - that would put his DNA stat (average of DNA attributes), over my 13/14 treshold, but if I have set a higher requirement in scouting I wouldn't have found him. What I would recommend is to set the value to 2 or 3 below your DNA treshold for bench players (bench players are 1 point lower than regular starters for me at the moment). If you're getting too many or too little scout reports for your liking, you can then tweak the value.
Hi, love the tactic. Struggling with leicester atm as no left wing as playing barnes as ss. Can i ask what skin u r using, looks good. Thanks

Hi, love the tactic. Struggling with leicester atm as no left wing as playing barnes as ss. Can i ask what skin u r using, looks good. Thanks

The skin is TCS 2021 v1.1.

Small tip for when you're struggling, losing/drawing a lot of games in a row - arrange friendlies against very weak, small reputation opponents (during international breaks, or if your team has good fitness levels, you can even do it mid-week). Morale is a really important part of the game and when you start losing a lot games your morale will drop. When your morale drops, your team will play worse, which will result in even more poor games - basically a downward spiral. Arrange friendlies against bad teams, sub entire team at half-time, win by a lot of goals, and your morale will improve (as well as match sharpness of your bench players) which should help you get out of that slump.

Small tip for when you're struggling, losing/drawing a lot of games in a row - arrange friendlies against very weak, small reputation opponents (during international breaks, or if your team has good fitness levels, you can even do it mid-week). Morale is a really important part of the game and when you start losing a lot games your morale will drop. When your morale drops, your team will play worse, which will result in even more poor games - basically a downward spiral. Arrange friendlies against bad teams, sub entire team at half-time, win by a lot of goals, and your morale will improve (as well as match sharpness of your bench players) which should help you get out of that slump.
Thanks

Hi, does all your 1st team, regardless of age go on role training. Seen a few posts where this isnt done until over 23yrs old etc.

Hi, does all your 1st team, regardless of age go on role training. Seen a few posts where this isnt done until over 23yrs old etc.

Everyone has role training, regardless of age. As soon as I get the players out of my youth intake I set the individual role training for them (so I don't give individual youth training responsibility to any staff member, I do it myself).

Another results update. I think after I'll finish season I'll go to some other team &League. Looks like La Liga it's too much demanding for this tactic or it's just my save. Tactic still looks amazing.For me best for 2021 (undefeated) but no and severityof injuries is devastating. Most of 2-0 wins I should win 4-5:0 :cool:
1614025655651.png

1614025698687.png
1614025655651.png

1614025698687.png

1614025749855.png

1614025964995.png
1614025964995.png

Sorry, my bad, should have name the files better because right now it's not very clear:

DNA & DNA 2 Games = Training schedules
DNA Hacker = Squad view with DNA attributes I've chosen + age, position, personality and contract expiry date
DNA Export = Squad view for exporting with ctrl + p -> save as web page, which you can use to easily copy data to excel (if you want to quickly calculate DNA stat for all your players)
DNA Scouting = Scouting view with DNA attributes
General squad view = My squad view I've been using for a while, nothing special or DNA connected about it I've just thought someone my find it useful
i cant put DNA scouting view ... not to recognize ... ?

i cant put DNA scouting view ... not to recognize ... ?

Sorry, my bad, I have players that I scout automatically added to my shortlist and I look through them there so it's a shortlist view, I've added scouting view below.

Regarding the performance of the tactic, it seems to perform slightly worse (especially when it comes to underdogs), but I'd say it's still pretty solid (just not as strong as before). Updated version of FMRTE just came out, so I can start some proper testing right now. I already have a new tactic ready, that performs better on this patch than Hacker, and it's a pretty similiar formation so you should be able to continue your saves, I just need to run few more tests to be sure (hopefully today evening or tommorow I'll be able to release it).

Attachments

• DNA Player Search.fmf
    14.1 KB · Views: 79
Sorry, my bad, I have players that I scout automatically added to my shortlist and I look through them there so it's a shortlist view, I've added scouting view below.

Regarding the performance of the tactic, it seems to perform slightly worse (especially when it comes to underdogs), but I'd say it's still pretty solid (just not as strong as before). Updated version of FMRTE just came out, so I can start some proper testing right now. I already have a new tactic ready, that performs better on this patch than Hacker, and it's a pretty similiar formation so you should be able to continue your saves, I just need to run few more tests to be sure (hopefully today evening or tommorow I'll be able to release it).
Great to hear. Pls let us know about it asap so we can enjoy winning again!