Resource icon

Hacker - breaking the game with all I know about it V2

Never tried so sophisticated approach as @Egraam. My AM is running General train. P. Laux recomended.
Typical V2 match with expected result:
1614465924950.png

This tactic is pretty phenomenal using the latest Winter transfer update.

I was seriously drowning in shittiness with my Udinese Serie A team and since switching to this tactic have won 11 straight.

I don't have any good attackers or strikers so this tactic is perfect as it allows AM / SS to work together to confuse the **** out of the defense to get some nifty goals. Thanks

More results, if someone was worried how the tactic performs, from different teams and different divisions.
Media predictions were:
Cardiff - 7th in Championship
Gillingham - 17th in League One
Morecambe - 20th in League Two
Liverpool - 2nd in Premier League
West Brom - 20th in Premier League
Eintracht - 8th in Bundesliga

And the results were:

Cardiff - 1st, 103 points
Gillingham - 4th, 74 points
Morecambe - 1st, 94 points
Liverpool - 1st, 105 points
West Brom - 7th, 66 points
Eintracht - 1st, 75 points

The only teams that didn't finish first were Gillingham and West Brom but they still overachieved heavily

View attachment 542022View attachment 542026View attachment 542030View attachment 542027View attachment 542023
which of the tactics is this?

Here are results from a save I'm playing myself using Hacker V2. Back-to-back promotions, just won Polish 2nd tier division + won the Polish Cup, winning in final against a team that finished 2nd in the highest division (tier above me). So I'm going to be playing in european competition next season, despite just getting promoted to the highest division. The team was predicted last by the media and is last in salary spending.

Garbarnia Comps.PNG

GarbarniaMP.PNG

GarbarniaSpending.PNG

This is my best player, to give you an idea of what kind of players in terms of quality I had to play with:

BestPlayer.PNG

Well done!

Really curious if it will become the new #1 on FMBase considering it's the 2nd on FMArena.
Think Prutton or someone (one of the main tactic testers) commentated that the FM-base testing is a bit weird, technically all the 442 variant shadow strikers (4132, 4222, 4312 etc) should all be very close in testing as there's limited difference between them but for some reason on FM-base the results can be drastically different.

Think Prutton or someone (one of the main tactic testers) commentated that the FM-base testing is a bit weird, technically all the 442 variant shadow strikers (4132, 4222, 4312 etc) should all be very close in testing as there's limited difference between them but for some reason on FM-base the results can be drastically different.

I think the big difference maker is the CA140 (underdog) team. If you sort the fmbase test results for the last patch, CA165 (subtop) results are indeed very close, it's the underdog team that hurts their performance.

In the same time, it's the underdog team that reveals tactics greatness ;)

This tactic is very good! What i like in it, is that it has a bit lower intensity (=less injuries and less need to rotate) compered a lot of other similar formations that are also at the top in TFF's 75 Siblings test and your tactic is lot better for mid or lower teams. I`ve been trying to do same level tactic now with as less intensity as possible and its very difficult. At the moment i havent publishd much but out of those few i have that Lida41320vol5 what is 2nd in test list in here for last patch, and i have tried to tweak to get as good as possible with as less intensity as possible, and also try get it working also again with underdogs, and its very difficult get it constanty test with this FM-Base databese around 340-310. You have succeeded very well. Good work! :)

Start of 3rd season. Still looking for beter Corners and TI set up no luck so far.
Very inetersting 2 of friendles stats. I think I'll get back to my older save with Bayern where I've played with Phoenix 3.0 - just to have slight comparision. This one with Barca becoming boring ;)
1614718375964.png

1614718424241.png

1614718471298.png

First 11 fro 3rd seasen - Nabil Fekir is highly recommended. Additional observation. Players Pedri type are alot better in CM(A) position than players like De Jong - better for DLP (Su)
1614718725254.png

Managerial stats:
1614718843351.png
1614718375964.png
1614718424241.png
1614718471298.png
1614718725254.png
1614718843351.png

3rd season in I finish second despite being predicted second to last (and spending on salaries by far the least in the league), only 2 points off championship and a back-to-back Polish Cup win.
Got eliminated from european competitions early because I had basically no off-season (due to World Cup in Qatar), managed to play only 1 friendly, and my players naturally weren't good enough to play every 3 days with 0 match sharpness.

MP3.PNG

SalarySpending.PNG

Comps.PNG

Table.PNG

When it comes to underdog performance, I don't know if there is any tactic out there better than this one at the moment.

so, im looking for a tactic i was using on my PC before i sold it and got this laptop - im almost certain it was this tactic due to remembering the quote ' breaking the game with everything i know about it' ... but now im looking at the tactic, there was no CM in the last tactic i used, wondering if this has been updated? can anyone help..

the last tactic had 3 AM's, i changed 2 to advanced strikers and left the middle AM as attacking midfielder attack role - went on a 72 game unbeaten run in the league - it worked amazingly well, ruben neves in DLP with super fast strikers was goals goals goals !

womder if anyone can confirm this tactic used to use 3 AMs ? thanks

so, im looking for a tactic i was using on my PC before i sold it and got this laptop - im almost certain it was this tactic due to remembering the quote ' breaking the game with everything i know about it' ... but now im looking at the tactic, there was no CM in the last tactic i used, wondering if this has been updated? can anyone help..

the last tactic had 3 AM's, i changed 2 to advanced strikers and left the middle AM as attacking midfielder attack role - went on a 72 game unbeaten run in the league - it worked amazingly well, ruben neves in DLP with super fast strikers was goals goals goals !

womder if anyone can confirm this tactic used to use 3 AMs ? thanks

There is a tactic (Motion V2.1) with 3 AMs on page 3 of this topic (post #41), you can still download it there, but I don't know if that's what you're looking for.

There is a tactic (Motion V2.1) with 3 AMs on page 3 of this topic (post #41), you can still download it there, but I don't know if that's what you're looking for.

YES MATE !! that is the tactic, I'm also pretty sure i read you saying you wasn't a fan of striker-less formations - me neither, that's why I changed 2 AM to AF - honestly, it absolutely destroys !! if you get the chance .. try it

although on my save it was 2023 and i WAS Liverpool with Mbappe, but I've still not had results like that on this years release, props to you my friend. also i was fiddling with throw in takers - even though i had Trent playing IRWB i wouls sometimes have him taking left hand throw in, and it used to overload one side of the pitch it was pretty cool to watch and led to many goals

1615028174610.png

Me actually playing the season out, can't praise this tactic enough which i've already done. One of the most balanced tactics i've ever used, you probably won't be smashing goalscoring records and most likely (but it is possible) won't be breaking any defensive records but usually the tactic just wins the match, whether that's through outscoring your opponent or holding your opponent to a 1-0 win, just seems to find a way. Seems to be the central midfielder that gets most of the goals for whatever reason, so a good attacking CM is vital.

New save with Polish League. Lech Poznan team CA +/-110. Daveincid's mods included to increase realism
So far very good Still trying to set somee better corners.
Lost matches also include - Fm-ed in League. To weak (for now) for Arsenal
@Egraam -you're thinking of any update to V3
1615056798543.png
1615056893097.png
1615056993396.png
? :cool:
1615056798543.png

1615056893097.png

1615056993396.png

@Egraam -you're thinking of any update to V3

I'm trying and testing a lot of different stuff, but I can't find anything better, it's really frustrating - especially because I'm not really satisfied with this version of Hacker. Yes, it's a good tactic - but it's not really game-breaking. It wins me a lot of games - but it rarely dominates (unless I have a much better team) - a lot of 1-0/2-1 narrow wins, and the xG difference is often not really as big as I would like it to be. Overachieves consistently, but if you're much weaker than your opponent you are still probably going to get smashed - for example I can't take West Brom and expect to win vs Liverpool or Man City - a game-breaking tactic should be able to do that.

I'm experimenting with both small tweaks, and big changes in all aspects of the tactic - different formations, roles, duties, mentalities, low press/high press, short passing/direct passing, low tempo/high tempo - basically everything I can think of, I've also tried all other top tactics - Pheonix, ZaZ - Blue, Afterlife - but I still can't find that game-breaking factor, still haven't found anything that will make me go "wow, this feels invincible". Like I said, really, really frustrating.
So no, unfortunately no Hacker V3 on the horizon at the moment :(
But I'm trying, and if I finally manage to find something, I'll definitely post it here.

I'm trying and testing a lot of different stuff, but I can't find anything better, it's really frustrating - especially because I'm not really satisfied with this version of Hacker. Yes, it's a good tactic - but it's not really game-breaking. It wins me a lot of games - but it rarely dominates (unless I have a much better team) - a lot of 1-0/2-1 narrow wins, and the xG difference is often not really as big as I would like it to be. Overachieves consistently, but if you're much weaker than your opponent you are still probably going to get smashed - for example I can't take West Brom and expect to win vs Liverpool or Man City - a game-breaking tactic should be able to do that.

I'm experimenting with both small tweaks, and big changes in all aspects of the tactic - different formations, roles, duties, mentalities, low press/high press, short passing/direct passing, low tempo/high tempo - basically everything I can think of, I've also tried all other top tactics - Pheonix, ZaZ - Blue, Afterlife - but I still can't find that game-breaking factor, still haven't found anything that will make me go "wow, this feels invincible". Like I said, really, really frustrating.
But I'm trying, and if I finally manage to find something, I'll definitely post it here.
I do feel set pieces in general need relooked at and that might make a big difference. After the update I score virtually zero throwins to the point I almost want to turn off long throws as they're doing nothing for me and still get some goals from corners but it's definitely a more realistic amount. Also not sure anyone has really looked into freekicks all that deeply.

For me Hacker V2 is best all around for now. I would not tinker with formation or mentality - as I've stated before 1-4-1-3-2-0 + positive is best for this year ME., Waiting for any of those to be finally tested here. I think IWB position is overestimated (perhaps by KNAP's tactic influence). 21.3 improved crossings a bit, and in real life - there is no such position. Everyone playing with fullbacks less or more offensive, or wing backs, symmetric for both wings or not.

Guys, Do you have any filters for searching players by position? (best solution will be for this tactic).
i tried "Essential Football Manager 2021 Filters" but i dont see half positions as filter and i can't get any other options for fm 21