Has anyone signed Messi on FM11 and how

Messi has higher CA at the start of the game than any other players PA, which means that he IS better than Pastore, Özil, Neymar etc.

Last edited:
my friend got him on a free when he was i think 30/31 and before that he signed him for 120 mill on a different game with city, i never saw the point, although i'd love him on a free!

I searched for players and ticked the "ask assistant to filter out unrealistic targets" and Messi showed up. I thought maybe it was just a mistake, but I scouted him and it came back as saying he would be extremely interested in joining. So I then bid 150 mil, which got accepted and he's now willing to sign for 350k a week with bonuses. I'm not going to sign him as I don't have 150mil or 350k + bonuses for his wages or want him for that matter as I like to keep my saves as realistic as possible. But, I thought this was strange though because it's the first season, he's happy at Barca and has 6 years remaining on his 275k per week contract. (I'm Chelsea BTW)

200m is the max u can bid!, i bidded that and it was still rejected lol.....even if it had been accepted i can bet he wouldnt leave, messi is so loyal to barca after all they have done for him, read his autobiography and you'll see they have done loads for him!!!

he plays like a 9.0 average rating over a full season if ya play him as trequevrista, scores and assists, hes worth every penny. i have messi cristiano ronaldo and aguero up front for man city. goals goals goals

I'm in my 6th Season as Man Utd and have won the title 4/6 seasons (just won it with 5 games spare, and am in CL/FA semi finals too). Messi hasn't been accepting the contracts from Barcelona and was available to sign on a pre contract since January, but I as many have said couldn't get him to engage in talks with me.

I literally checked every FM day, and nothing changed. Next thing I know, he's signing for ARSENAL. Man that sucked.

However, I feel the reason for this might be that his agent is the same agent of Sergio Aguero and I tried to sign S.A a few seasons back and the agent kept giving stupid contract demands and my relationship with him now is "Hatred". If only I hadn't nagged him lol.

i put sanchez and fabregas on barca with editor and then messi was sold to man city for 72 million-presumably because of debt problems(had both players as future transfers and both came to just under 100 million) so prob forced to sell. i presume barca offered him which made him unhappy.

btw-citys reputation is edited a little

he didnt really do all that well for them either

on a network game the guy with man city who had won the league and champions league the year before managed to get a 120m bid accepted and messi would negotiate but he couldn't afford his wages he wants 400k per week or something silly and it wouldn't let him put that

Signed him on a free transfer to Chelsea. I can prove if you want.

Arsenal 4th season. His contract runs out next year and wont sign,plus Barca are sniffing round Nasri(wants a new challenge)& Eden Hazard. No way im selling Hazard,he's the Lord Mayor of the Left Wing,but I'll try a P/Ex(Messi's out for 2 months) for Nasri plus cash before the inevitable contract auction. The only problem is his wages....275k...S'truth!:O

i signed him eventually with man utd 150 mill £375,000(325,000 then 375,000 after 5 games) agent and player siging on fee 6.5 Million each expensive :( but worth it as i signed ronaldo 2 seasons before for 120 mill :p

i got him for man city in end of 2012 season for 115+ i gave em 11 mill as a thank u LOL (payable over 4 years. so i can buy aguero etc.) This was easier due to change of coaches at Barca.. Rejkaard replaced guardiola. first season he had man injuries which restricted him to 31 matches (25 league apps). my top players get 50+ matches a year. so was unfort to lose messi for half season with small injuries. 2nd season as u can see... worst luck in the world... while on a tour of argentina...Playing Newells... I saved the game thinking he got another minor injury. but no, messi got hit by a serious virus, and was then out for 10 months. just my luck eh? Anyway while missing Silva and Milner did well to make me retain champions league for 2nd time. So isnt that bad. Just hate to see him injured so much.

)View attachment 189378

Last edited:
I forgot to add. his wage demands were 325,000 euros a week. even for city that was too much. even after i sold players like de jong and gareth barry for 15 mill each. so what i did was i gave him the maximum for a key player (275,000) and after 5matches he would earn 325,000. he rejected it. So i upped that to 375,000 and he accepted. buying him upped city's rep from 8,900 to 9,200. worth it no?

PS: check him below 4 months after that freak virus. (5 months left) what is it btw? people say AIDS. i doubt it. he'd retire... id say Tuberculosis.

View attachment 189379