Has anyone signed Messi on FM11 and how

I nearly got him with Man City in my 1st season Barca accepted my bid of around the 140m mark but Messi wanted too much money - which i couldnt stretch too in the budget adjustment option

so i went for Beckham instead lol JK hes retired in my game to 'set up his own massage parlour' it said

i m man city in third season and messi reports say he would be extremely intrested in joining my club and he is tempted too,but barcelona want 350 million for him+two of my promising youngsters!!
how can anyone afford that so i m waiting for him to cross 30 and then sign him as a collection just as i did with 31 year old but still 30 million worth Ibrahimovic!

got him for free coz barcelona released him in january in the 1st season....seriously though, nobody will ever legitly buy him

I'm end of 2nd season as Arsenal and have had a bit of 55m over 48months accepted!

Problem is I can only offer 230k per week and 7m signing on fee, but he wants 275k per week and 13m signing on fee.

I'm currently at the stage where Euro2012 is going on, and I'm going to wait until my budget is announced and hopefully I'll be able to offer him more, but I guess I run the risk of Barcelona no longer accepting my bid or Messi no longer wanting to join.

Such a delicate issue.

He's 26 and not willing to sign a new deal with Barcelona in my Newcastle save. Too bad he doesn't want to sign with my team =[

ioqk2d.png

My mate got this. Messi didn't want to talk though.

3rd season, man city, got him 120 million. just admire him and the manager at barca, it helps, paid 140 million for cristiano ronaldo also same season.

3rd season, man city, got him 120 million. just admire him and the manager at barca, it helps, paid 140 million for cristiano ronaldo also same season.

You better hope to win some trophies with those two or your money just went down the toilet haha

January 2016, just signed Messi to Chelsea on a pre-contract for the next summer. His contract with Barcelona was expiring in 6 months and he accepted my 230k / week offer. Had to pay 7,25m signing bonus to him and about the same for his agent, but I guess it's worth it. :)

i saw that in my game :( sadly that was the season before my sheffield wednesday won the premier league and champions league :( so he wasnt interested :(

My bid of £120 million went through for Messi in my latest Manc City (2015) save! Barca easily accept the money, only problem is that at first Messi didn't want to hold talks with the club...But a bit of media talk & praise to Messi meant that he was ready to hold talks!

The only problem is:
- He's on I think over £300,000 p/w...Even though I am Man City, I still have a reasonable wage structue with the highest earners only on around 200k lol (Tevez & Pastore)
- Him & his agent want £11 million up front?! (I can only offer 7 max)

Anybody know a way I can get around to making him accept a pay cut (I can only give £275,000 p/w max)???

Is there anyway I can make the board give him a much higher wage??? Can't believe I am Manchester City, and can pay £120 million easily for him, yet cant afford to pay his wages? :mad:!

If he is interested in moving couldn't you just ask the board to negotiate the deal if you are a rich club like Man City ??

i got him for 44m as city on 09, activated his release clause and paid over the odds in wage

put all your transfer budget or as much as you can into your wage budget so you can offer more and then if he accepts and all you need to do is confirm the deal it should ask if you want to adjust your budget so you can afford him :)

im in 2023 now managing city and hes contracts expiring in 6 months but he wont even talk to me

I have to agree with some, that Messi did become availabe under the transfer bug. I recall seeing him on the transfer list with my wolfsburg game, at that time. Unfortunately i scrapped that game, exactly because of the transfer bug!

Signed him with liverpool in the first season swapped poulsen a 91 nissan sunny and the godfather boxset. Pep robbed me so he did :p

I signed him for about £3m from Velez Sarsfield in 2021 for Man Utd. He's not great and hasn't scored any goals but I do like to wheel him and Rooney out when I'm winning big. He came off the bench in the Champions League final for me but hasn't made my Euro squad this year. Entirely a sentimental purchase!