Have you ever taken drugs?

cannabis can be addictive, many people become dependant on it, often ignoring work family and friends. if that isn't an addiction what is?

It's proven as a FACT that cannabis is not addictive. If you want sources I can find them.

Last edited:
Ok first off i want to thank AD for making a decent thread which the topic has never been used before, AT least now we can all argue over something rather than nothing.

Personally i have never touched hash or anything like that and i don't even know the names of half of them or the dangers. I tried smoking and hated it.

I think people are free to do as they wish it's there bodies and there lives. As for medical purposes i cannot comment as i have had no eperiences or anything to go on weather or not it's benificial.

well if you google is cannabis addictive there a **** of a lot of results come back with what i said, people get dependant on it and ignore other important things, just what i've read.

Ok first off i want to thank AD for making a decent thread which the topic has never been used before, AT least now we can all argue over something rather than nothing.

Personally i have never touched hash or anything like that and i don't even know the names of half of them or the dangers. I tried smoking and hated it.

I think people are free to do as they wish it's there bodies and there lives. As for medical purposes i cannot comment as i have had no eperiences or anything to go on weather or not it's benificial.

Finally, someone respects other's freedoms.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_basics.shtml

If you drop down to "Addiction Problems", it states that there is no physical addiction, and most mental addicition only exists between 30-40, or that most users potentially stop by the time they are 30-40. Furthermore, addiction in any case with cannabis wouldn't be any more damaging to smoking tobacco.

You seem to only want people to take drugs because someone has told everyone they shouldnt.

It may not contain addivtive substances in it but the 'thrill' of being high is very addictive and can take over peoples lives to the point where they ignore their family, friends and everything but getting drugs.

Actually;

Addiction Potential:
Regular use of cannabis can lead to psychological habituation for some people making it difficult for them to quit. Studies have estimated that between 5 and 10% of those who try smoking cannabis will become daily users sometime during their life, but most of these smokers will have given up the habit by age 30 and few remain daily smokers after age 40. Most people do not experience signs of physical addiction, but with regular daily use use, mild to medium withdrawal symptoms usually occur for less than a week, but can extend for as long as 6 weeks.

Actually;

[/SIZE][/FONT]

If you read up and my last post, I stated "physical addiction".

You seem to only want people to take drugs because someone has told everyone they shouldnt.

It may not contain addivtive substances in it but the 'thrill' of being high is very addictive and can take over peoples lives to the point where they ignore their family, friends and everything but getting drugs.

I never said I want to take drugs. I'm just questioning what I'm told. I take the addiction point, with say Heroin, but definitely not marijuana.

Its not their choice when they get so ill they take up nhs time and money which people who dont waste their money on drugs pay for. Also most addicts are on the dole therefore taking more money from the honest person. Also when addicts bother people on the streets trying to get drug money. Only some of the examples of why it shouldnt really be their free choice.

wp redders.

Physical or mental its still an addiction

If you read up and my last post, I stated "physical addiction".

I never said I want to take drugs. I'm just questioning what I'm told. I take the addiction point, with say Heroin, but definitely not marijuana.

The bit i was meant to point out:

Most people do not experience signs of physical addiction, but with regular daily use, mild to medium withdrawal symptoms usually occur for less than a week, but can extend for as long as 6 weeks.

Pretty sure that says physical addiction :p.

lulz erowidz ftw

i tired nutmeg, now thats a **** drug

The bit i was meant to point out:

Pretty sure that says physical addiction :p.

Mah! Dammit. lol. Ok, few people do.;) Let's rephrase: Cannabis is not as addictive as Alcohol, and I'm pretty sure most of you drink.

Last edited:
there was a program on channel 4 the other day, was a very balanced look at drugs basically said drugs pwn as long as u only do them once or twice a week and you dont do heroin

right well i feel quite strongly about drugs, people who are saying people do them who are naive or stupid or what ever , ok then let me put it this way - i have a pill on a night out - it is scientifically proven that booze is worse for you than pills, and socially it puts you in an elevated state (ecstacy if you will). booze makes people depressed, angry, fighting etc. booze causes more deaths, costs more than any other drug.

if i have a pill i spend about 5 quid in a night, booze will cost me 30 at least so theres another plus

people who hate drugs have just never tried them and are too scared too. pills are one of the least dangerous drugs as long as your not stupid. ive been to clubs where most of the people are on one drug or another and its class, people are happy and just want to dance and be friendly. booze on the other hand makes some people want to fight. weed is alot worse for you than some drugs cos it ***** with your brain and you cant really undo that. i dont really do weed anymore - its just not that good i dont think. people do not think they are "big and clever". you do them to have a better night out - alot better than you can imagine on booze. and if you say well i dont need drugs to have a good time im not that shallow or childish or whatever **** you come out with - i dont need them either - it just makes it a lot more fun and i know im sensible enough to know my limits and be safe on them

Its not their choice when they get so ill they take up nhs time and money which people who dont waste their money on drugs pay for. Also most addicts are on the dole therefore taking more money from the honest person. Also when addicts bother people on the streets trying to get drug money. Only some of the examples of why it shouldnt really be their free choice.

I'm not trying to say it's right or wrong i'm just saying it's up to you weather or not you take it. Our system is **** thats why they get away with it. I'm not happy that my hard earned wages are going to dole seeking ***** either but thats just the way things are.

I dont do drugs or drink, and reckn most of the time have a better night out than the people i go with, and i dnt spend more than 5quid, and i dnt have a hangover next day.

i dnt care if other people want to take drugs, cs if people feel they need to do so, then do. i just have no interest in doing so myself, and my friends respect me for that decision, as i respect theirs.

aha

never thought you would be a pill 'ed sam, thought u were anti drugs

Like sam said people who actaulyl do drugs dont do it to look cool are act big but its funny as **** when you let someone try becuase they act all big and clever, love it

well its your choice , as i said i dnt need drugs to have a good time , it just makes it better than any night could be and you will never understand till you try them. im not saying you should or shouldnt - i couldnt really care but to say you have a better than in a club than someone on a pill - i doubt it but each to their own

pills are for gays sam, if your hxc like me you only take MDMA :)

ive done it and didnt sleep for about 3 days after which wasnt a v nice experience!

so ill stick to what i know