Have you ever taken drugs?

each to their own

Simplest way of summing up this thread i think.

I don't drink, unless i go out. When i go out, i have a good time. Personally wouldn't touch a pill, or any drug...that's just the way i have been brought up. Have had friends in the past who have taken drugs, and have seen many of them turn into right dicks.

But,

each to their own!.

MDMA is the active ingredient in pills but pills have loads of other **** mixed in, MDMAs basically pure ecstacy. Comes in powder form and u basically just put it on ur tongue, nextt ime though im gunna stick it in a skin and take a big ghit at once

mdma is usally about 80% ecstacy , pills are about 20 with loads of **** usually. you pays ya money ya takes ya chances

Out last night and a couple of mates were on MDMA, they do pills every now and again but MDMA obv has a bigger effect, they were proper ****** at the end of the night. Not done any **** like that myself but I aint got a problem with people doin it cos I know loads who do and they say their night is always better on pills (obv after only one or two) and its cheaper than booze. They only bother every now and again though when its a big night, taken them regularly they'd prob lose their effect and dependancy aint worth it.

There's alot to be said for alcohol being worse than the likes of Ecstacy and Weed but in terms of classification it will never change.

Good thread btw Ad ;).

i have a table that shows the effects of different types of drugs from uni ill dig it out

here is the table, i think it makes pretty interesting reading

know whats a quality 'drug' once in ahwile (and i dont mean once a week), poppers

got passed a bottle at chem bros and got a great buzz of it

just gives me a buzz for about 30seconds then a banging headache, rather just have some decent stuff and pay less for it lol. the club in leeds jus sells it behind the bar and the club just reeks of it

haha must be well **** the place stinking of it.

Gives me a soreish head, its not like a normal headache just feels like my heads really warm, its awesome

I had two Paracetamol last night \M/

if i have a pill i spend about 5 quid in a night, booze will cost me 30 at least so theres another plus

people who hate drugs have just never tried them and are too scared too. pills are one of the least dangerous drugs as long as your not stupid.

Well you dont have to spend £30 on a night out on alcohol, ever thought of getting some from say a newsagents or wherever is quite cheap, drinking it inside before you go out with ur mates? ...cheaper and u end up spending alot less on a night out.

you can't just put every person into that catagory that why they dislike them is because they are "scared too" There maybe other reasons for which people dislike them for example losing a loved one to drugs, or knowing a person who has been really ****** up by them.

yes pill maybe one of the least dangerous drugs...if your not stupid...same goes to alcohol as long as you drink in moderation and know what impact both drugs and alcohol have on your life...you shouldn't have a problem.

Alcohol is not good for you to drink anyway if your feeling depressed before hand, just makes your situation even worse, esp if you have low self esteem etc...just makes your drinking spiral out of hand...same goes for drugs..even though u may get a buzz..if your feeling particularly down and this is the only way to cheer yourself up..well it kind of could lead on to the path addiction dontcha think?

Though it is a case of "each to their own"

I think it's more to do with know your limits, and when u should or shouldnt take drugs/alcohol.

I dont do drugs or drink, and reckn most of the time have a better night out than the people i go with, and i dnt spend more than 5quid, and i dnt have a hangover next day.

Same here, I usually spend about a £5. It also means I can drive into town and avoid having to pay incredibly high taxi prices.

Even when I did used to drink though I very very rarely got drunk drunk and never had a hangover.

mdma is usally about 80% ecstacy , pills are about 20 with loads of **** usually. you pays ya money ya takes ya chances

Considering how sensible you have been saying you are when it comes to pills I still wouldn't take a chance with those odds. It only takes one dodgy pill to **** you up.

I had two Paracetamol last night \M/

I don't even take paracetamol lol. Last time I had one was prob about 6 months ago when i had a cracking tooth ache. I usually just ride the pain out haha

Yeah u have no idea what the 80% of **** in pills is, that is the dangerous part.

barely anyone actaully dies from taking a dodgy pill, your more likely to be killed by a paracetomol i think.

Your just getting silly now.:)

yeh my bad, its actaulyl asprin

--

Brunstrom drugs views 'dangerous'
Richard Brunstrom
Richard Brunstrom acknowledges his is a minority view
An MP has attacked "very dangerous" claims by North Wales Police chief constable Richard Brunstrom that ecstasy is safer than aspirin.

The chief constable also predicted the "inevitable" legalisation of all drugs within the next decade.

Rhondda MP Chris Bryant said Mr Brunstrom had "extraordinary" opinions and an "obsession" with publicity.

But Mr Brunstrom was backed by police authority member Terry Renshaw, who said his views were based on research.

Mr Bryant said: "I think these are very dangerous views. Ecstasy is not a safe drug and the people who sell ecstasy to youngsters in the Rhondda also sell heroin and the whole shooting range of drugs.

"Drugs have been one of the major challenges that the Rhondda has had to face since the mines [closed]."

Minority view

He went on: "When you start buying [drugs] from somebody the whole sweetie counter is available to you. And we need to do more to disrupt the supply chain."

Chris Bryant
Chris Bryant says drugs have blighted his Rhondda constituency

Mr Brunstrom, who has campaigned for drugs like heroin to be made legal, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme how he believed a move towards decriminalisation was "10 years away".

The chief constable said repealing the Misuse of Drugs Act would destroy a major source of organised crime.

Mr Brunstrom, who acknowledged that his was a minority view, also said he thought ecstasy was safer than aspirin.

He said: "If you look at the government's own research into deaths you'll find that ecstasy, by comparison to many other substances - legal and illegal - is comparably a safe substance."

Drug law reform

But Mr Bryant said he believed "all drugs are dangerous" and the long-term side effects of certain drugs, such as cannabis, were only now coming to light.

He said he thought Mr Brunstrom, whose tough stance on speeding drivers is also widely reported, was "obsessed with his own publicity".

A spokesman for DrugScope, the UK's leading independent centre of expertise on drugs, said it believed the legalisation of drugs within the next decade was unlikely.

"Neither the current government nor the leaders of the other parties show any inclination towards drug law reform in the near future," he said.

"And in fact this government has already suggested its desire and its looking closely at reclassifying cannabis from class C to B."

Flintshire councillor and North Wales Police Authority member Terry Renshaw said Mr Brunstrom had his full support.

Mr Renshaw said everyone who referred to Mr Brunstrom as the "mad mullah from Colwyn Bay" should read documents on drugs legalisation he presented to the police authority.

He said while anyone using illegal drugs was criminalised, people were still allowed to buy alcohol and cigarettes, and refusing to examine the issue was "ostrich syndrome".

He said that while North Wales Police were very pro-active in fighting illegal drugs use, he felt it was a waste of resources, with the more drugs taken off the streets, the more that arrived.