Have you ever taken drugs?

I don't even take paracetamol lol. Last time I had one was prob about 6 months ago when i had a cracking tooth ache. I usually just ride the pain out haha

Your hard core :p

yeh my bad, its actaulyl asprin

--

Brunstrom drugs views 'dangerous'
Richard Brunstrom
Richard Brunstrom acknowledges his is a minority view
An MP has attacked "very dangerous" claims by North Wales Police chief constable Richard Brunstrom that ecstasy is safer than aspirin.

The chief constable also predicted the "inevitable" legalisation of all drugs within the next decade.

Rhondda MP Chris Bryant said Mr Brunstrom had "extraordinary" opinions and an "obsession" with publicity.

But Mr Brunstrom was backed by police authority member Terry Renshaw, who said his views were based on research.

Mr Bryant said: "I think these are very dangerous views. Ecstasy is not a safe drug and the people who sell ecstasy to youngsters in the Rhondda also sell heroin and the whole shooting range of drugs.

"Drugs have been one of the major challenges that the Rhondda has had to face since the mines [closed]."

Minority view

He went on: "When you start buying [drugs] from somebody the whole sweetie counter is available to you. And we need to do more to disrupt the supply chain."

Chris Bryant
Chris Bryant says drugs have blighted his Rhondda constituency

Mr Brunstrom, who has campaigned for drugs like heroin to be made legal, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme how he believed a move towards decriminalisation was "10 years away".

The chief constable said repealing the Misuse of Drugs Act would destroy a major source of organised crime.

Mr Brunstrom, who acknowledged that his was a minority view, also said he thought ecstasy was safer than aspirin.

He said: "If you look at the government's own research into deaths you'll find that ecstasy, by comparison to many other substances - legal and illegal - is comparably a safe substance."

Drug law reform

But Mr Bryant said he believed "all drugs are dangerous" and the long-term side effects of certain drugs, such as cannabis, were only now coming to light.

He said he thought Mr Brunstrom, whose tough stance on speeding drivers is also widely reported, was "obsessed with his own publicity".

A spokesman for DrugScope, the UK's leading independent centre of expertise on drugs, said it believed the legalisation of drugs within the next decade was unlikely.

"Neither the current government nor the leaders of the other parties show any inclination towards drug law reform in the near future," he said.

"And in fact this government has already suggested its desire and its looking closely at reclassifying cannabis from class C to B."

Flintshire councillor and North Wales Police Authority member Terry Renshaw said Mr Brunstrom had his full support.

Mr Renshaw said everyone who referred to Mr Brunstrom as the "mad mullah from Colwyn Bay" should read documents on drugs legalisation he presented to the police authority.

He said while anyone using illegal drugs was criminalised, people were still allowed to buy alcohol and cigarettes, and refusing to examine the issue was "ostrich syndrome".

He said that while North Wales Police were very pro-active in fighting illegal drugs use, he felt it was a waste of resources, with the more drugs taken off the streets, the more that arrived.

Yeh but Brunstrom is actually an idiot, and i dont mean because of this, just in general

He is Police chief for North Wales, where i live

Brunstrom is a ******* ***** 99% of the time. He may be right in questioning classification of drugs but he's a total ***.

And even if Ecstacy being classed as a class A drug is harsh, im pretty sure two pills or whatever will **** you up (obviously sometimes for better, some for the worse) more than two aspirin

Never done them but if their was a marijuana vending machine in uni next to the ones which sell nutrigrain bars and those healty walkers crisps then i may think twice

Never done them but if their was a marijuana vending machine in uni next to the ones which sell nutrigrain bars and those healty walkers crisps then i may think twice

That would be awesome haha. I can imagine it now. The healthy eating vendors would be boycotted and everyone would be buying marijuana with their 2 quid dinner money :p

aye ****** me off the healthy vending machines, no-one uses them and if there is anything decent then it goes straight away. Not as bad as it used to be think they realised. Used to be a donut vending machine back in the day like, a quid for like 5 skanky donuts.

the vending machine idea reminds me of the futurama episode with crack vending machines and some dude uses it and his tube of crack gets stuck

yeh i member back in the day, school had like 2 drinks machines, 2 vendng machines and one of those carasel ones with cakes n stuff in it but by tme i left all we had was a water machine and a healthy vending machine

It's all these fatties spoiling it for the rest of us who exercise and ration our junk food intake.

To contribute though, I'm friends with a few people who take pills and they enjoy it so I don't care if they do it as long as they don't expect me to. I smoked weed and draw when I was younger but the people I smoked with went onto other drugs so I figured I would stop where I was.

If you are going to try drugs then research them first so you know what you're getting into. Don't just read scare material, read from people who have had experiences with the drug you want to try.

Just know your limits.

LOL, some strange people on here, "i dont see the point in drugs its for naive people to have fun" what a load of *****. Weed is ace, MDMA is ace, Ket is ok, MCAT is canny good. Acid is Sketchy

I once took 2 full boxes of Pro Plus followed by 8 double vodka redbulls.

A rather unpleasent experience all round.

No, I've not taken drugs, and I honestly don't plan on doing so. They are more trouble than they are worth.

I've got friends who have, especially since coming to university. One of my friends was quite fond of regular weed smoking a little while back, and he ended up in quite a bad mental state because of it. Paranoia, unable to relax, twitching more than usual, and he ended up failing most of his exams. I've also witnessed people I know snorting coke from books they later returned to the campus library (lovely), and a couple of them seem schizophrenic sometimes. You just know that the side-effects are going to get worse as they get older, but you always hear the same argument back: "It's fine, I know what I'm doing".

The problem with drugs like weed, is that unless you get them from the source, they are quite often mixed up with much stronger chemicals and other drugs, like 'Skunk' for example. That's why they affect you more than you believe they should. In reality, weed in controllable doses is, in theory, fine for most people, but like I said; combine it with other stuff and you may have a problem.

I have never taken any drugs for a few reasons. The area I live in(Springburn, Glasow) Is full of heroin addicts its unbeleavable how many and I had a cousin die of a methadone overdose when I was 4 so I never touched anything.

Don't do drugs, never have, never will. Don't smoke, never have never will.

I do drink tho, not all the time, but at parties, and sometimes have one or 2 during the night.

Yes, I puffed the dragon at college, probably to much at once, imagined I was getting chased by an army of Duracell bunnies.....and have never touched it since.