Thanks for sharing.
It's good to see that the tactic works with lower league teams as well.

Keep us posted on your progress.

It's crazy how defensive every team played against us... I think in more attacking leagues (like England) this tactic would be very entertaining to watch. The only role that performed slightly below expectations was the AMC, I actually had some good players for this level of football (including former Brazil international Daniel Carvalho which I think is the closest to Ozil I could get in brazilian third division!) but somehow failed to impress. They grabbed some goals and assists but when they didn't they often had the lowest average rating on the team. Any suggestion to improve the AMC performances?

Thanks!

06b14-83630e55-6896-4ad9-be7b-2b1094b9cbf7.png

It's crazy how defensive every team played against us... I think in more attacking leagues (like England) this tactic would be very entertaining to watch. The only role that performed slightly below expectations was the AMC, I actually had some good players for this level of football (including former Brazil international Daniel Carvalho which I think is the closest to Ozil I could get in brazilian third division!) but somehow failed to impress. They grabbed some goals and assists but when they didn't they often had the lowest average rating on the team. Any suggestion to improve the AMC performances?

Thanks!

Not really, I've noticed that at times with the 4-1-2-1-2 (I've tried changing to AP and Enganche), where my AMC only gets a 7+ rating if he assists or scores.
But find it the same for the strikers who get 7+ rating if they score or assist.

However since I play 4-1-3-2 away and 4-1-2-1-2 at home, then it has become less of an issue (my AMC usually plays well at home).

If you do find a way to improve the AMC performance then feel free to share it.

This tactic works really really good for me. I am playing as Venezia. Got promoted back to back, winning both leagues comfortably, now 17 games into the first season in the serie A and in second place, playing fantastic football and scoring some really beautiful goals. Most of my players enjoy the teams style of play too. Great tactic, thanks man

Only changes i made is unclick use offside trap, changed mentality to counter and team shape to fluid.
View attachment 117874View attachment 117873
View attachment 117872View attachment 117871

This tactic is right up my street. Love the formation, will give it a go now!

This tactic works really really good for me. I am playing as Venezia. Got promoted back to back, winning both leagues comfortably, now 17 games into the first season in the serie A and in second place, playing fantastic football and scoring some really beautiful goals. Most of my players enjoy the teams style of play too. Great tactic, thanks man

Only changes i made is unclick use offside trap, changed mentality to counter and team shape to fluid.
View attachment 1089108View attachment 1089109
View attachment 1089110View attachment 1089111

Thanks for sharing.

Do you play with your tweak both home and away?

What improvements have you noticed compared with the original?

Yes, i play like this home and away. Started off only playing this away, and your original tactic home, and it went pretty well, but as i moved up the leagues and the competition started being tougher i noticed that i had way too much goals against due to players being way out of position and through balls over the defence, and crosses to players that were completely open because one of my central defenders closing down the crossers. i tried a bunch of things (decreasing the closing down for the centre backs, playing de DM on a defend mentality and changing personal instructions for the wing backs) but those changes negatively impacted my offense a bit too much.

With just the three changes i made now i concede a lot less, my defense retains their shape a lot better, and while i create a bit less chances, i score much more. Also have a lot less "off matches" it seems.
This might just be because my team is not exactly a top team, or it might have improved due to signing better players, but it is working great for me.

Also noticed that my team would give up leads pretty often, outplaying the opponent, going up 2-0 and then conceding 2 in the second half despite still controlling the match. happens a lot less for me on counter mentality. also putting the am as a third cb in the 60th minute or so when leading against a better team has been working well.

thank you for sharing the tactic, it produces beautiful attacks

is it better to go standard home and away instead of just going control on home and standard away

is it better to go standard home and away instead of just going control on home and standard away

In my current game I play 4-1-3-2 away and 4-1-2-1-2 home. I no longer change mentality.

Which tactic are you playing and how are you doing?

the 4-1-2-1-2 with control tactic has gotten me 5 GF 2 GA 1 league and 1 cup game the 4-1-2-1-2 with standard in 1 league game and 1 cup game ive scored 11GF 5 GA keep in mind im using a custom database as it has my country im playing in..

Using this with AC Milan first season and the pre season was unreal, picking up wins at Chelsea, Juve and Bayern away, however now the league has started, in all three games I've had a 2-0 lead at half time, then early in second half one of my players get sent off (always so many yellows), an I've thrown away the lead in every game. I had no problem with discipline in pre season however, has anyone else had a problem with excessive booking?

Four sendings off in four games now, always my wingbacks or holding mid, very annoying

Haven't played FM for almost a couple of weeks.
Started playing again and noticed that the tactic isn't working as before.
I am still dominating teams but am not scoring as many (a lot of long shots).

So I have decided to incrementally tweak the tactic to see if I can get it back to where it was (or at least close).

Incremental change 1: Add 'Work Ball Into Box' to team instructions

If anyone else is using this tactic, have you experienced the same issue?

Awesome

This tactic is absolutely awesome. Won everything in first season with Man Utd.