The same here. Great tactics, lot of win... and then, 7-8 loss or draw, until the end of the first season. I still finish first (great tactic, btw), but I had a 12 points lead with 8 games to go, and I finished with 1-2 point in front (and I get lucky with other result...).

Now, in the beginning of the new season, same problem... I cannot win anymore. Was there a patch that change the IA ?

Thanks for sharing your tactic !

The same here. Great tactics, lot of win... and then, 7-8 loss or draw, until the end of the first season. I still finish first (great tactic, btw), but I had a 12 points lead with 8 games to go, and I finished with 1-2 point in front (and I get lucky with other result...).

Now, in the beginning of the new season, same problem... I cannot win anymore. Was there a patch that change the IA ?

Thanks for sharing your tactic !

What team are you playing as?

For me the new season almost sets the reset button where I go on an initial long winning sequence and then the bad patch followed by another winning sequence, but that's not the case for you.

Have you signed a lot of new players?

Have you tried playing 4-1-2-1-2 at home and 4-1-3-2 away just to mix it up a bit?

Arsenal. Yep, I signed some players, but the tactic is full in preparation. So it should be alright. But I only played 4-1-2-1-2. I'm still in preseason, I'll give a go with the other tactic away to mix the thing. And I'll let you know.

Thanks !

new update ahs broken this tactic..... just won the league and now in next season top again, first game with this tactic, lose 4-0 and have 0 shots all game.................

new update ahs broken this tactic..... just won the league and now in next season top again, first game with this tactic, lose 4-0 and have 0 shots all game.................

Did the new update even involve any ME changes?

Sorry to hear that.
Just loaded the game with the latest patch and played 2 games with it and I haven't noticed any difference.

Won 6-1 at home to Everton (played with 4-1-2-1-2 tactic)
View attachment 119314

Won 7-2 away to Monaco (played with 4-1-3-2 tactic)
View attachment 119313

If anyone else has any input on how this tactic is performing with the latest patch then feel free to share.

I still have some mixed results, but feel that this taktic is the best around for my team. Its weak, and are overperforming. I get some losses, but few. More draws than wins, but still i believe in it. I use the 4-1-3-2 tactic. Tried the other one as you said to mix it up, but lost. I will continue a bit more to see if it can get more consistant again. I am after all in 4th place. I do have a feeling that as many other tactics, they all seem to stop work after one has played a few games into the season.

I still have some mixed results, but feel that this taktic is the best around for my team. Its weak, and are overperforming. I get some losses, but few. More draws than wins, but still i believe in it. I use the 4-1-3-2 tactic. Tried the other one as you said to mix it up, but lost. I will continue a bit more to see if it can get more consistant again. I am after all in 4th place. I do have a feeling that as many other tactics, they all seem to stop work after one has played a few games into the season.

Thanks for sharing.
Unfortunately I have no specific advice on how to turn those draws into wins.

Out of curiosity in the games you are drawing is it a deserved draw or that you haven't converted your chances?

After the last update now, the chances we scored on before becomes now wasted. We also tend to do more mistakes than before this new patch which definately must have changed something in the ME

I think something has happened to the strikers. They scored alot of goals before, but now they are really struggling. Dunno if its time to change their roles or something. The rest of the team plays very well, but Im just not scoring. anyone else struggling with poor performances from their strikers?

I think something has happened to the strikers. They scored alot of goals before, but now they are really struggling. Dunno if its time to change their roles or something. The rest of the team plays very well, but Im just not scoring. anyone else struggling with poor performances from their strikers?

It is pretty annoying when the chances don't go in.
I rotate among 4 strikers (Dybala, Icardi, Welbeck and Lautaro Martinez).
Dybala and Welbeck are scoring as normal, but Icardi and Martinez have dropped in their conversion rate.

If you find a tweak to the tactic that works better, then feel free to share it.

i will give some tips for this tactic
make sure ur cb and striker is world class
use fast cb, good concentration too

hmm any recommended striker?
lacaaazate only work at begining, and now he perform bad
dembele not too legit in this taactic, coz must have striker who can feed ur teammate too
rec striker outside dybalaa and icardi

Tried it out with Torino and very pleased with ending up in 4th place!View attachment 1088911
I also made it to the final in the cup but, even though I deserved the win, Juventus grabbed a lucky 1-0 victory :( View attachment 1088914

Thanks for sharing.
Glad you are enjoying the tactic.

What does your squad look like?
Are you overachieving or did you get some really good players in?

Thanks for sharing.
Glad you are enjoying the tactic.

What does your squad look like?
Are you overachieving or did you get some really good players in?

I've took in Tom Carroll (Tottenham) and Matty James (Leicester) - both on loan for the season.
In january I've loaned Debuchy and Rojo. Matty, Debuchy and Tom were all players for the sake of the width and neither of them played that much. Rojo went directly in the starting 11 - and did really great!

So almost default squad - defiently overachieving :)

Played a full, exhausting season in my Brazil save with Fortaleza (3rd division) using the 4-1-2-1-2. Results were excellent:

View attachment 118035View attachment 118034

Won both first stage and playoffs of third division. I have to say I had put together a very good squad for this standard of football thanks to some surprisingly good free signings. Bossed the league, my only problems were against small teams that parked the bus - I lost twice against last placed team despite total domination!

Our form in the cups was even more impressive:

View attachment 118033View attachment 118032

Won the north eastern cup, beating a first division club (Sport) and a second division club (CRB) in the tournament. Amazing how everyone kept playing so defensively against us despite our sub-par reputation... The real masterpiece was the Brazilian Cup though, where we managed to beat several first tier clubs like Fluminense, Gremio, Internacional etc as we reached the final. We won first leg 3-0 but eventually lost to a good Vasco team after a 0-3 and penalties in second leg. We played our best football against clubs that didn't park the bus like they were facing Barcelona...

My best striker and top scorer:

View attachment 118031

62 goals in 44 matches. If it seems too good to be true... you're actually right! These numbers are heavily inflated by playing in the weak state championship in first half of the season (it's Ceara state) where we face a bunch of hopeless, non-league clubs except second division side Cearà. Third division tally was actually 22 goals in 24 matches, not that bad either.

Always used the 4-1-2-1-2 though often changed strategy during matches - going standard, then counter, and even defensive or contain at times. This was useful against bigger clubs especially after scoring first goal, but also against small clubs that parked the bus. I also tended to use 'wrong' footed strikers at either slot (right at STCL and left at STCR) to encourage central play.

Will try this again in second division, hopefully teams won't play so defensive against us! As I said elsewhere, after the cross orgy of FM 16 I owe to myself to play without wingers XD Thanks for a very good narrow diamond tactic!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing.
It's good to see that the tactic works with lower league teams as well.

Keep us posted on your progress.