Reaction score
As always, none of my tactics will be plug and play. There will always be better tactics available and if you want to roflstomp teams 8-0, then my line is not for you. Instead I will try to force the match engine to recreate the play of historically memorable teams. Each tactic will be tweaked until it matches it's historical counterpart as near as perfectly as possible and no compromise will be accepted. Big George Weah's Milan 3-4-3 will be a 3-4-3 and nothing else. Feel free, naturally, to take the tactics and mold them to your own teams. If it proves impossible to recreate the historical tactic accurately enough, it won't be released. No compromise ;)

Once I have the 3-4-3 base going, I load up the new tactic and use a long term save with a super team to fine tune things and test over at least 2 seasons with a smaller team. I never post results based on the super team.

Lastly, if anyone has any ideas of historical tactics they want me to try and have a go at, please let me know and as long as I can find enough info/video, I'd be happy to try it :)

Brazil 1970 can be found here - View attachment 328474 (post #28)

Brazil 1982 is here - View attachment 328473 (post #39)

Last edited:
Whilst this probably isn't "famous" in the Brazil 1970 mould, I'd like to see someone have a go at recreating the Leeds side of the late 60's early 70's.

If you put the (wholly incorrect) stereotype to one side, that team had power, skill, a tough edge, brilliant playmakers, true goal poachers, wingbacks, the full lot really.

If you haven't seen it, watch some of the play from the Southampton game (7-0, search "Leeds v Southampton Passing" in google and the YT video is the top one). Also search for ("Leeds United Destroy Manchester United 1972").

Love to see your threads, good luck with whatever you decide.

Whilst this probably isn't "famous" in the Brazil 1970 mould, I'd like to see someone have a go at recreating the Leeds side of the late 60's early 70's.

If you put the (wholly incorrect) stereotype to one side, that team had power, skill, a tough edge, brilliant playmakers, true goal poachers, wingbacks, the full lot really.

If you haven't seen it, watch some of the play from the Southampton game (7-0, search "Leeds v Southampton Passing" in google and the YT video is the top one). Also search for ("Leeds United Destroy Manchester United 1972").

Love to see your threads, good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks mate :)

A full on, ***-kicking, 70s, leg breaking, goal busting, mud wrestling, Wagon-Wheel eating, chain-smoking English football 4-4-2 tactic might be fun. I shall bear it in mind.

(Although as a massive Brian Clough/Forest fan it might be hard for me to even try :D)

I'm currently bombarding the beta bug forum with pkms about the Libero role, which again this year is utterly frustrating. My sweeper-keeper makes more runs than the libero.

If they can get the ME team to look at it before release, then I have the Ajax 73 tactic ready to go. It currently works as a 4-3-3 but with no libero, it's not Ajax 73 and it'll have to go in the bin ;)

Hey friend i want to ask you something because i cant win any match with other tactics...plz tell me this tactic works on PAOK of greek superlague!Thanks

Hey friend i want to ask you something because i cant win any match with other tactics...plz tell me this tactic works on PAOK of greek superlague!Thanks

I haven't posted any tactics yet :D

Friday will see something up. A base 3-4-3 and probably a Brazil 1970 as they don't look like fixing Libero so that rules out Ajax 73. The Brazil 70 is currently roflstomping teams in Beta and I can finally play Rivelino in a team :)

Be patient ;)

There are two tactics I'd like to see, and that's the Brazil of the Ronaldo days, and the Invincibles tactic. :)

There are two tactics I'd like to see, and that's the Brazil of the Ronaldo days, and the Invincibles tactic. :)

Invincibles might be fun, although I suspect that it would be more down to the players than the tactic. I reckon it would be a pretty simple 4-3-3.

Fat Ronaldo Brazil would depend on the year. In '94 and '98 they were a defensive and quite dour Magic Rectangle. In 2002 they went 4-2-3-1 and in 2006 they just ran around and kicked people. :D

Invincibles might be fun, although I suspect that it would be more down to the players than the tactic. I reckon it would be a pretty simple 4-3-3.
Would love to see this. Would be interesting to see your take. I remember seeing one by seanhrfc for FM14 (early version of the game) with a 4-4-2.

NO biggie but would be fun to see in the new engine which looks to be more advanced/fluid. :)

Currently it looks like Brazil 1970 will be the first release. It works going forward beautifully, concedes a bit (but it's an attacking tactic, so forgiven) and having said that, a lot of the conceded goals are coming from the still herp-derp keepers, manic own goals, CBs defending in the car park and the ability of Llanelli FC to bang in 3, 40 yard, top corner screamers in one game against Southampton. But all good. It's still beta.

I'm running six saves with it concurrently, to check it at all levels. Barcelona, Bayern, Southampton, Forest, Ajax and Corinthians. Potentially lower league teams later, but I need to get the basics rolling first ;)

Big fan of your work :)

Brazil 4-2-2-2 and the Bielsa tac are a must for FM15!

View attachment 330397

This is the base 3-4-3 I promised. It comes with no guarantees and no explanation. Use it if you will or don't. From this base tactic I build all the others I will post.

There is no further explanation for this tactic at all. It is what it is.

By Sunday I hope to have finished a full season test with the Brazil 1970 tactic and will post it with a full write up :)

ive strong pref. for 3 def so i can attack and dominate mf and attack

am 3-1-1-5 DM Wide Barcelona

messi and suarez both as trequartistas banged goals in preseason.

Suarez doing his ban now -Munir is realy looking like a wonderkid!

ive strong pref. for 3 def so i can attack and dominate mf and attack

am 3-1-1-5 DM Wide Barcelona

messi and suarez both as trequartistas banged goals in preseason.

Suarez doing his ban now -Munir is realy looking like a wonderkid!

How do you set the front 5 up?

You should try that Netherlands 74 total football. That's the ultimate FM recreation challenge and I think you have what it takes to recreate it :)

You should try that Netherlands 74 total football. That's the ultimate FM recreation challenge and I think you have what it takes to recreate it :)

I have an Ajax 73 tactic ready to go but Libero isn't working properly. A SI Dev told me they intend to 'look at the role in the future' but what that means, I have no idea. Hopefully next patch.

How does it work with the libero currently? Is it still effective and just missing the Libero functioning?

Tried my best to recreate the 50's Hungary tactic, but so far no luck.
It should look something like this (red shirts): 3-2-3-2Just a few notable records from this team:
  • World Record: (June 4, 1950 to Feb 19 1956) 42 victories, 7 draws, 1 defeat – 91.0% winning percentage ratio.
  • World Record: longest time undefeated in 20th and 21st centuries: 4 years 1 month (June 4, 1950 to July 4, 1954).
I will keep trying to recreate it, but if you want to give it a shot, i believe it will proove to be a challenge.
Best of luck.

How does it work with the libero currently? Is it still effective and just missing the Libero functioning?

Libero currently won't push forward enough. A Libero should burst forward and provide momentum almost in a reckless fashion. Basically a Trequartista who plays from the back. Currently, Libero just plays like an attacking Sweeper, gets to the centre circle and panics.