Hodgson backs Zamora for England

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 147
  • Views Views 6K
sanchez watt, are you joking me mate, he was awful against city in that cup game, seriously he might be ready soon but now

How can you lot say that when Zamora is in much better form than Heskey and in my opinion is far better at holding up the ball. I'm not saying he should be called up but I don't think it's as laughable as you lot think. He's an integral part of the Fulham team, and Hodgson is definately getting a lot out of him.

And also I think Peter Crouch is a top player who scores goals for WHATEVER club he plays for. And you can say what you like but he still scores the goals at international level, it maybe against some lesser teams, but he's done better than a lot of others have faired.

Sanchez Watt is a piece of poo and that's coming from an Arsenal fan. Maybe in ten years.

That being said Zamora is simply not good enough, and you say he would be as good a choice as Heskey? Well that may be true but in my opinion neither are good enough for England.

I trust Capello and the best paid Manager in the world would be better off in picking neither ;) It would be very fun to see Bobby play for England though

personally i dont mean to be biased or anything, but man city players are always overlooked by other fans, im glad capello picks wright phillips and bridge, because that asswipe mcclaren didnt pick any city players

McClaren picked Richards, which other City players were good enough when McClaren was Manager anyway?

SWP has flopped for England time after time, I wouldn't take him to SA, I reckon.

hodgson been on the ****? or drugs? or is he just having a laugh because he can;t be serious!

onouha and johnson are overlooked too, im not saying take them to the wc, but for example mancienne or onouha, and he picks mancienne, what a joke that was, at least take them to a freindly. it annoys me when we send out strong players for freindlies

Johnson was very good under Sven, Onuoha is better than Richards and it was Capello that picked Mancienne, not McClaren. Onuoha is good but not good enough for England. No idea why he picked Mancienne to be honest.

From a Fulham Fan this comment is laughable, Zamora has one decent game and him playing for England is mentioned lol. IMO he has been a waste of 6 million since he has signed from West Ham, 2 league goals last season and 5 this is not good enough.

Hodgson your a great manager! don't make spare of the moment comments you don't mean...

he's not prolific enough and he's not that kind of striker who will get you 15 goals a season. no doubt he has a high work attitude, but he's simply not good enough for england

Next he'll be saying Ameobi should partner Rooney in South Africa.

Let's not go that far, Bobby has at least proven he is Premier League level. Ameobi can't score a goal in the Premiership but was flourishing in the championship before getting injured.

I think you'll find he scored four goals last season, actually. ;) I just don't think Zamora is anywhere good enough for the England team, however, neither is Heskey.

Yeah I was obviously exagerating with the not scoring a goal thing, but Ameobi really has proved useless and injury prone in the prem for you lot. And I agree Bobby isn't good enough for England but I think he gets a lot of undeserved stick, he works very hard for the team and is integral to Fulham, he's a good lad and plays his football.

Sorry,it is December isnt it? For a minute there i thought it was April the 1st. Bobby Zamora for England? talk about scraping the barrel,i doubt he'd even get in the Scotland team.

I would have him over any of our 'strikers'

How can you lot say that when Zamora is in much better form than Heskey and in my opinion is far better at holding up the ball. I'm not saying he should be called up but I don't think it's as laughable as you lot think. He's an integral part of the Fulham team, and Hodgson is definately getting a lot out of him.

And also I think Peter Crouch is a top player who scores goals for WHATEVER club he plays for. And you can say what you like but he still scores the goals at international level, it maybe against some lesser teams, but he's done better than a lot of others have faired.

Are you serious? Is it because you have not seen a quality player before? he is the biggest waste of 6m i have ever seen. No control,abilty,technique,skill,finish. 2 league goals last season says it all.

Yeah I was obviously exagerating with the not scoring a goal thing, but Ameobi really has proved useless and injury prone in the prem for you lot. And I agree Bobby isn't good enough for England but I think he gets a lot of undeserved stick, he works very hard for the team and is integral to Fulham, he's a good lad and plays his football.

Ameobi > Zamora

Back