Hodgson backs Zamora for England

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 147
  • Views Views 6K
I can't believe this has even reached two pages. If we want to do well. Don't bring bobby.

If you don't think he causes problems like the other players, he took Mexes too the dog house against Roma, still angry we didn't win that game and he always seems to play well against top teams, I fancy him agaisnt some of those South American and European sides next season to be honest, with the exception of Spain and Brazil ;)

You never no though, Capello lives very close to Craven Cottage and likes to pop down from time to time. Bobby's definitely nearer the England shirt than ****** Andy Johnson is.

Yeah the Roma game was heartbreaking, we played so well and it was so late for them to score. It could be the difference in the group. We HAVE to beat Basle, it would be such a nice little bonus to our season.

Imho I am confident we can beat Basel because we don't win many away games but when we really need too, we do.

Yeah I know what you mean I have a gut feeling that we can win, and we deserve to. We deserved 4 points off Roma over both the matches, the ref was proper dodgy in rome.

Can't believe you brought it up that zamora has scored more then anelka, it's absolutely ridiculous to say you'd have Zamora over him and the other players there, they bring so much more to the game than just goals mate.

I never said Anelka was better or worse than Zamora, and I've seen Bobby bring a lot to the game, you must realise that Anelka is good because all the players around him are good too suggesting that he will of had more opportunity in front of goal than Zamora, Bobby does a good job and brings other players into the game by using his strength to hold up the ball, Zamora can also win free kicks in vital area's, especially when he find a centre back he likes/

Everyone seems to think by saying Zamora deserves a little less stick and is better than people make out that we think he's better than loads of other players and should be called up to England when it has never once been said.

Come on calm down abit, this started by an over the top comment in the heat of the moment by hodgson and now there seem to be a couple people taking this England thing seriously. I hate Chelsea but i will say Anelka is alot better than Zamora, in past couple years Zamora has put in a fair amount of poor performances and a huge lack of goals per game which seems to be now getting forgotten about.

Zamora has a good physical build and on his day can cause defenders problems but he is at the lower end of Premiership strikers when it comes to overall abilty, goals, etc.

I am happy as everyone that Zamora has notched up a wopping 5 goals this season, but lets remain calm and not let this record breaking Zamora scoring season get the best of us... :)

If you're talking to me I don't understand because I haven't once said he's better than any of the players listed or said he is good enough for England. All I've said is that he deserves a little less stick and a bit more credit because he works hard for the teams and has played very well so far this season.

I'm delighted with the form he's shown, and he'd need to beat the 11 goals he got with West Ham in the Prem to have a record breaking season lol.

To be fair to the lad he has had a great season, I hope Fulham beat Basel but it will be tough. I am sure we (Hearts) are the only British side to beat them in Switzerland.

I will ALWAYS hear Roy Hodgson out because he is a great manager but come on Roy lets get real we all know this was just a confidence boost for Bobby

To be fair to the lad he has had a great season, I hope Fulham beat Basel but it will be tough. I am sure we (Hearts) are the only British side to beat them in Switzerland.

Yeah is will be tough, if we play our best football though, we will win, Frei and Streller are good striker though

He's not good enough, that simple.
Staying remotely on topic, what do you think the 23 man squad will be, been finding it dificult to pick myself

Zamora is actually a very good player. Sure, his goalscoring isn't great. But Zamora is a lot better than Heskey as a target man. He's absolutely awesome at bringing the ball down and linking play up. Sounds like most people haven't seen much of him. Will win you a **** of a lot of headers as well.

mate honestly your a nice guy, but you are being biased but its understandable

If Bobby Zamora is apparently worthy of a World Cup spot then surely Michael Owen does too.In my opinion Owen is still the 2nd best English striker there is ,he may have lost pace and stamina but you never lose your goalscoring instinct

Back