Hodgson backs Zamora for England

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 147
  • Views Views 6K
Arghh, Kris one day, Fulham and Hearts should have a friendly just so I can compare him with Nade ;)

Put it this way......Ry Hodson must be a very stupid Englishman to say that a man that can't score from 2 yards with an open goal ahead of him then i should sure hope not........Rickie Lambert has more chance than him

I would have him over any of our 'strikers'

Are you serious? Is it because you have not seen a quality player before? he is the biggest waste of 6m i have ever seen. No control,abilty,technique,skill,finish. 2 league goals last season says it all.

Ameobi > Zamora

Of course I've sene a quality player before. I don't really know what you're trying to imply, I never once said he was top quality or anything of the sort, but he has done a decent job in th EPL and I don't believe he can be denied that. He was a big part in Fulham's success last season, so I don't think he's the laughing stock he's being made out to be. And I don't think my thoughts on Zamora really warranted an assumption like that... and yes he isn't worth 6M, but he isn't playing premier league football for no reason.

And I cannot believe Ameobi is better I'm sorry. He is far more injury prone, he doesn't hold the ball up aswell as Zamora, and he doesn't make up for it with goals. 55 goals in 263 games.

I've seen Bobby miss from two yards, well maybe three, four or five yards but either way. it could of been the winner against Man City. Imho Bobby For England, you guys had made me start a campaign.

If Bobby Zamora can make it into the England team then so can Dave Nugent.

Nugent already has (somehow) , even bagged a goal :P

Of course I've sene a quality player before. I don't really know what you're trying to imply, I never once said he was top quality or anything of the sort, but he has done a decent job in th EPL and I don't believe he can be denied that. He was a big part in Fulham's success last season, so I don't think he's the laughing stock he's being made out to be. And I don't think my thoughts on Zamora really warranted an assumption like that... and yes he isn't worth 6M, but he isn't playing premier league football for no reason.

And I cannot believe Ameobi is better I'm sorry. He is far more injury prone, he doesn't hold the ball up aswell as Zamora, and he doesn't make up for it with goals. 55 goals in 263 games.

Sorry maybe i put that the wrong way or you have taken it a bad way. I am not personally attacking you i was just trying to say that i think Zamora is a terrible excuse for a footballer, Who neither merits an England call,6m value or a starting place in any premiership side.

Ameobi is injury prone and nowhere near good enough for the premiership either but he always looked a little less like a fish out of water than Zamora.

I've seen Bobby miss from two yards, well maybe three, four or five yards but either way. it could of been the winner against Man City. Imho Bobby For England, you guys had made me start a campaign.

You will have the support of the American,Slovenian and Algerian people

Exactly (H) 1 game 1 goal

Do you wish you had him back?

Sorry maybe i put that the wrong way or you have taken it a bad way. I am not personally attacking you i was just trying to say that i think Zamora is a terrible excuse for a footballer, Who neither merits an England call,6m value or a starting place in any premiership side.

Ameobi is injury prone and nowhere near good enough for the premiership either but he always looked a little less like a fish out of water than Zamora.

Nah my apologies that it appeared like I thought you had personally attacked me, I really don't, I just thought you misinterpreted what I had said in regards to your comment about the quality player thing.

And I do agree, 6m is far too much, I just don't beleive he's as bad as he's made out to be, I've seen him play a lot, but then again I support Fulham, so I could may well be subconciously bias on this one lol.

Do you wish you had him back?
Erm, well looking at our current strikers, yes. I think he's better than anything Portsmouth have currently got and I've always thought he was a great player, just wasn't confident under any manager we had, except maybe Tony Adams when he got about 5 goals. I'd pick Nugent over Zamora any day.

I agree with that to some degree. I think Nugent is a talented footballer and I felt well bad for with the way things panned out for him at Pompey. I think with a bit of confidence he can definately grab himself a decent ammout of goals this year.

Fulham manager Roy Hodgson says Bobby Zamora could be a worthy of a place in England's World Cup squad.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Oh its not a joke?? beg my pardon....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Anelka: 20 games, 6 goals
Carew: 16 games, 4 goals
Bellamy: 15 games 5 goals
Crouch: 18 games, 6 goals
Berbatov: 17 games, 4 goals
Zamora: 17 games, 6 goals and cost a heck of a lot less than any of the others.

All competitions excluding pre-season.

I suppose that does show some sign of Zamora getting better, but if you look at all them other player's in games, they cause a lot more problems than Zamora does in my opinion. But then I suppose none of them are the same as Zamora really except maybe Carew but with a better finish than Zamora.

this is exactly what ive been trying to say. thank you for that.

Lets stop talking this rubbish, Zamora will not play for England (i think we all know this), he is a borderline premiership player...trust me ive seen this guy play on many occasion....

Mate he isnt good enough for England, but I personally dont think you can say he borderline Premiership quality. He has shown he can perform at this level.

And I have a season ticket (JH stand :D) so I see him play a fair bit too mate :P

Fair enough he has scored some goals but looking at Jack's Stats...how many has Fulham's other strikers scored? Then look at Chelsea with Drogba..Man Utd Rooney Spurs Defoe etc etc

Ok he has scored some goals and maybe deserves some credit but Andy Johnson had a good season with Palace once upon a time.

Yeah Andy did, 8 of his goals that season were penalties though. He seems a bit injury prone these days though :(

******* myself laughing at Roy Hodgson.. Zamora is nowhere near good enough to pull on the England shirt. Heskey links up well with Rooney and does alot of the donkey work which brings others into the game. Defoe and Crouch are way ahead of Zamora. Even Michael Owen might get picked for England again.

Funniest quote all year that one.

Back