Homosexuality in football

That was probably to do with what happened in America.

That much is probably true. However, he did get abused greatly after coming out, so I guess it's still a big thing to consider.

That piece is shocking, no two ways about it. How the **** do people get a job writing **** like that..

More to the point, how do people get a job writing **** like that when there are perfectly good journos with some sense of integrity out there unemployed.

More to the point, how do people get a job writing **** like that when there are perfectly good journos with some sense of integrity out there unemployed.

Enchant_Arm_Giselle_costume_ver_01-1-05.jpg

Personally don't care if a footballer is gay.. I on't really want to know either, tbf, not because I'm homophobic but because it wouldn't matter at all to me. Honestly don't know why people are saying "We need a footballer to come out as gay!".. Why do we? What difference will it make to the world? Nothing, apart from he will suffer abuse every day for the rest of his life. At the end of the day this whole "gay footballer" thing isn't about equality or acceptance, it's about selling papers.. And it's disgusting.

TMore to the point, how do people get a job writing **** like that when there are perfectly good journos with some sense of integrity out there unemployed.

Cus this kind of **** is what readers want to read about..

This may be off topic to the current debate. The reason why gay players never come out of the closet is because in the past, talented players who do speak out and say they are gay end up being flops due to opposition fans and their own fans. There was a player around 20 years ago, got signed by Nottingham Forrest for 1 millions pounds. He then came out of the closet, then the Manager Brian Clough stated to him not to go to "poofs" bar and he segregated the player from the others in training. I think his name was Justin Fashanu.

This may be off topic to the current debate. The reason why gay players never come out of the closet is because in the past, talented players who do speak out and say they are gay end up being flops due to opposition fans and their own fans. There was a player around 20 years ago, got signed by Nottingham Forrest for 1 millions pounds. He then came out of the closet, then the Manager Brian Clough stated to him not to go to "poofs" bar and he segregated the player from the others in training. I think his name was Justin Fashanu.

While I did cite Fashanu as an example in the thread earlier, I think we can all agree views towards homosexuals in our society have vastly improved from the time when Clough's ideals were prevalent.

While I did cite Fashanu as an example in the thread earlier, I think we can all agree views towards homosexuals in our society have vastly improved from the time when Clough's ideals were prevalent.
In England, you would say the homesexuality is accepted in society. In other countries in Europe, you couldn't really say the same thing, which would cause the player to not play well in the Europa League and the Champions league. You'll also find that UEFA is more focused on fighting racism then fighting homophobia in football. There would also be the few "Football Hooligans" who would verbally abuse the player for being different.

In England, you would say the homesexuality is accepted in society. In other countries in Europe, you couldn't really say the same thing, which would cause the player to not play well in the Europa League and the Champions league. You'll also find that UEFA is more focused on fighting racism then fighting homophobia in football. There would also be the few "Football Hooligans" who would verbally abuse the player for being different.

Quite. This is part of the other side of the coin, which makes this particular debate most definitely a grey area rather than black or white.