Homosexuality in football

Yes.
However, if you don't act on it that way just no one else knows.
So what does it matter?

If you don't find Homosexuality and Homosexual normal/creditable, but you made a personal choice to treat everyone as humans. You then treat humans as humans.

Wow, just read through a couple of pages of this and some people are seriously messed up.

Yes.
However, if you don't act on it that way just no one else knows.
So what does it matter?

If you don't find Homosexuality and Homosexual normal/creditable, but you made a personal choice to treat everyone as humans. You then treat humans as humans.

So they should all be closet homophobic?
Still, doesn't change the fact that they are.

Some peoples beliefs are that Homosexuality is wrong and yet are moaned at and attacked because other people's beliefs are that homosexuality is just natural.
Am I the only one seeing the irony in that?

Onto the subject matter..
Nearly every fan is a ******** when it comes to an opposing player. It's just how it is unfortunately. Every little mistake or flaw a player has, opposing fans will point and laugh. Now considering that gay people are normally associated with being less of a man, and they are playing in a rather testosterone filled sport, obviously and unfortunately, it would be the main focal point of opposing players jeers and sadly some home support jeers.

Some peoples beliefs are that Homosexuality is wrong and yet are moaned at and attacked because other people's beliefs are that homosexuality is just natural.

Onto the subject matter..
Nearly every fan is a ******** when it comes to an opposing player. It's just how it is unfortunately. Every little mistake or flaw a player has, opposing fans will point and laugh. Now considering that gay people are normally associated with being less of a man, and they are playing in a rather testosterone filled sport, obviously and unfortunately, it would be the main focal point of opposing players jeers and sadly some home support jeers.

There is no irony. Their argument comes from the fact that its not natural (it is), or from completely arbitrary rules set by their religion. It's not a belief its natural anyway, its been scientifically proven in animals. Ergo fact. And in any case its a matter of discrimination. We wouldnt even be having this discussion on race, religion.

The second point idoesnt cut it for me, rewind 30 years and substitute gays for black people...

Also the point in bold is bullshit notion that is part of the problem. Gareth Thomas came out as gay in Rugby, no issues there.

Last edited:
There is no irony. Their argument comes from the fact that its not natural (it is), or from completely arbitrary rules set by their religion. It's not a belief its natural anyway, its been scientifically proven in animals. Ergo fact. And in any case its a matter of discrimination. We wouldnt even be having this discussion on race, religion.

I don't like the whole argument about how because its natural in the animal kingdom, it should be natural for humans. If I started to eat other people I would be arrested (even put to death in some countries), even though cannibalism is more common than homosexuality in the animal kingdom.

It should all come down to beliefs. If you believe homosexuality is wrong, that is your choice. As long as you don't harm or injure anyone, there is no problem.

I don't like the whole argument about how because its natural in the animal kingdom, it should be natural for humans. If I started to eat other people I would be arrested (even put to death in some countries), even though cannibalism is more common than homosexuality in the animal kingdom.

It should all come down to beliefs. If you believe homosexuality is wrong, that is your choice. As long as you don't harm or injure anyone, there is no problem.

Whether you like it or not is kinda moot, their argument is that its not natural, but it is. Hence that argument falls down immediately.

Its not the same as cannibalism, as that requires you to choose to kill and eat someone, which is well, murder. Terrible comparison.

The problems is that it is harming people. You dont have to like it, but you **** well have to accept their equal rights. or do you argue that racists are right to have their beliefs and abuse/attack people?

People use to widely believe that black people were savages? Do you agree with that? Exchange black for gay, etc its the same thing. why is it ok to be homophobic and not racist?

Just because someone believes something doesnt make it ok.

Last edited:

I think you're missing the point, being gay isn't a choice its just what somebody is. They don't decide one day while watching Louis Spence dancing that they're going to be gay. Cannibalism is a choice, we can murder our next door neighbour and slow cook him in a pot of vegetables for tea or we can decide why do that when we can nip to Tesco for a roast chicken.

Last edited:
It's simple, really. You can't tolerate intolerance, otherwise the whole thing goes down the *******. And just so we're perfectly clear, racism, sexism, religious persecution, etc. all fall into that same category.

It's simple, really. You can't tolerate intolerance, otherwise the whole thing goes down the *******. And just so we're perfectly clear, racism, sexism, religious persecution, etc. all fall into the same category.

Exactly, its on this point that every "reasoning" about being against gays falls apart. Sub one for the other, its exactly the same. As I pointed out, go back 30 years, change gay for black, and its basically the same argument. No one here would be making apologist comments about racism...

Exactly, its on this point that every "reasoning" about being against gays falls apart. Sub one for the other, its exactly the same. As I pointed out, go back 30 years, change gay for black, and its basically the same argument. No one here would be making apologist comments about racism...

Well, in light of recent comments I wouldn't be so sure anymore...

If you believe homosexuality is wrong

Based on what?

You're entitled to hold your belief, but if it's based on terrible reasoning then I'm entitled to inform you that it's total bullshit.

Also the point in bold is bullshit notion that is part of the problem. Gareth Thomas came out as gay in Rugby, no issues there.

I hope you're right, though I do have rather less faith in fans. Rugby fans are a different, higher class of fan, let us be honest.

Last edited:
Everyone's allowed to have their own personal beliefs. I personally don't like the idea of homosexuality but I'm not here to argue that point because I simply do not care enough to.

In saying all of this, its not up to me to tell people how to live their own lives, I have a gay friend who I do not judge nor look down on for his choices, because they are just that his choice to make as are any choice I make in my life. I'm not arguing for or against it, I guess my point is we as humans are never always gonna agree, that doesn't mean we cannot learn to accept each other, what one person does in his personal life really has nothing to do with anyone else.

We accept so much else, the political party someone else will vote for, the sporting team they choose to follow I can guarantee that we all know many people whom we disagree with on those 2 points alone but we still accept them, so why not homosexuality? I know you might laugh at the comparison or call it pathetic but thats just how pathetic it is to launch a campaign against homosexuals for their personal choice. Get over it there are far better things to concern yourself with.

Everyone's allowed to have their own personal beliefs. I personally don't like the idea of homosexuality but I'm not here to argue that point because I simply do not care enough to.

In saying all of this, its not up to me to tell people how to live their own lives, I have a gay friend who I do not judge nor look down on for his choices, because they are just that his choice to make as are any choice I make in my life. I'm not arguing for or against it, I guess my point is we as humans are never always gonna agree, that doesn't mean we cannot learn to accept each other, what one person does in his personal life really has nothing to do with anyone else.

We accept so much else, the political party someone else will vote for, the sporting team they choose to follow I can guarantee that we all know many people whom we disagree with on those 2 points alone but we still accept them, so why not homosexuality? I know you might laugh at the comparison or call it pathetic but thats just how pathetic it is to launch a campaign against homosexuals for their personal choice. Get over it there are far better things to concern yourself with.

Indeed this is the point. You dont have to like it, but you (general, not specific) have to accept their right to. I personally dont like the idea of religion setting arbitrary rules in worship of a god who doesnt exist, but I accept ( and actually defend) their right to religious freedom, providing it does not harm others.

There was one. His name was Justin Fashanu, and he killed himself.

That was probably to do with what happened in America.

That piece is shocking, no two ways about it. How the **** do people get a job writing **** like that..