Saving the game now takes 6 minutes 20 seconds. Yes,I load **** loads of leagues,but still,over 6 minutes is insane.
It was actually a lot better during the beta when it only took a minute or two.

Thought I'd check out this saving issue. Saved the game and the save bar sped along and was 3/4 of the way after about 35 seconds. Thought I was coasting, but then it froze up, Football Manager is now not responding and it's been over 3 minutes. Definitely a noticeable change since the last update. Have found saving the game on the current version quite laggy (the game itself in general is certainly more-so than FM15). I don't run much alongside FM and my i5 processor usually handles things very well, just find certain aspects of the new game are definitely slow. Not to the point of being unplayable, just to the point of being a little frustrating.

Neil Brock said:
Okay we're aware of the issue and we're looking into it in-house. Apologies you're encountering this with your saves.

Thought I'd check out this saving issue. Saved the game and the save bar sped along and was 3/4 of the way after about 35 seconds. Thought I was coasting, but then it froze up, Football Manager is now not responding and it's been over 3 minutes. Definitely a noticeable change since the last update. Have found saving the game on the current version quite laggy (the game itself in general is certainly more-so than FM15). I don't run much alongside FM and my i5 processor usually handles things very well, just find certain aspects of the new game are definitely slow. Not to the point of being unplayable, just to the point of being a little frustrating.

Very intriguing. Keep me updated.

Okay, so for an update for all of you, we're now pretty sure it's a Steam issue.

It's pretty plain now there's an issue, but I'm also pretty sure it isn't a patch problem, it's a Steam problem. I've passed it on, so hopefully we get a resolution sooner rather than later. Until then, try saving single files rather than rolling saves, if you have the memory for it. That could help.

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean when you refer to it being a Steam issue? Are you talking about using Steam Cloud, or just Steam in general vs disc/boxed copy?

What exactly do you mean when you refer to it being a Steam issue? Are you talking about using Steam Cloud, or just Steam in general vs disc/boxed copy?

Whether it's Steam bought or a disc makes no difference, since Steam has to be running to use both.

Whether it's Steam bought or a disc makes no difference, since Steam has to be running to use both.

Yeah but then what do you mean when you're saying it seemed to save slower "with Steam than without"?

Yeah but then what do you mean when you're saying it seemed to save slower "with Steam than without"?

Essentially what I'm saying is it seems to be a Steam issue. It will surely be sorted soon.

I definitely agree that it takes forever for the game to save. >.>

Am I the only one who really doesn't give a fxck whether a quality game takes between a 1-3 minutes to save?
Wow

Just had my first crash dump. :( Was finally on a good winning run as well. Oh well.

i dont really give a **** either but it is very annoying

Why though? Like, if autosaves annoy people, they can just turn them off? Whenever I manually save the game, its because I'm coming off my laptop anyway so I just leave it haha.

Either way, 3 minutes oO)

Well, it's not supposed to take 6 or even 3 minutes, so it's perfectly reasonable to be annoyed by it. And I'm pretty sure the people over at SI give a few ***** about it, so I don't really see the point in debating who gives the least *****.

same problem with game save time, its actually pretty annoying for some reason :(

Hi regarding the game!

Hotfix update 15.1.3 released | Football Manager

A small hotflix update for FM15 is now available to download on Steam.

To download the update, simply save your current game, quit FM, then quit and restart Steam. Then launch the game as normal and this should start your update automatically.

The update includes fixes for the following issues:

After reading all the comments, I wonder if it's worth buying the game now that the new patch has been released as well?

for I mean what is the problem, it's the match engine that is weird or just when to completely save the game?

Would be appreciated for the help :)

After reading all the comments, I wonder if it's worth buying the game now that the new patch has been released as well?

for I mean what is the problem, it's the match engine that is weird or just when to completely save the game?

Would be appreciated for the help :)

The issue with saving the game only seems to affect a small percentage of players, so I wouldn't put too much weight on that. It's likely to get fixed soon anyway.

The match engine is not a problem at all. There are still some tweaks needed of course, but when isn't there? As far as I'm concerned, it's definitely worth buying if you're a fan of the franchise.

The biggest gripe for me at the moment (apart from the saving of course), is the UI and player interaction. But it's nothing major that'd stop me from buying the game if I hadn't already done so.

Am I the only one who really doesn't give a fxck whether a quality game takes between a 1-3 minutes to save?
Wow

I have autosave on because FM15 has a tendency to crash dump. Since I am going through the weeks quite quick, it taking 5 minutes to save is a little frustrating.