An improvement. The too many shots I was experiencing with certain type of tactic seems to have improved and shots seem reasonable in Crystal Palace vs Arsenal But they're absolutely crazy still in a Rayo vs Real Madrid, for instance, with Real Madrid getting 46 shots (reaaaalllyyyy?) and what is more unbearable my Rayo 22, when the tactic is meant to 8 tops if things go very well. Test is done right at the start of season, mind you, so familiarity of the team is a factor and I haven't actually worked in developing the tactic, so it's not like I should expect or demand it to work completely as I expect, but even so. May test a few other team combos and then report what needs reporting.

In one or two instances I think goalies may still be a touch slow to react; though I understand they wanted to tone it down from FM14, where they reacted so immediately it was crazy. I saw a player shot 7 yards from the goal, goalie throws himself to the ball, the rebound falls to the striker at 3 yards and the goalie was already on his feet and ready to block the second shot. That was no good, either.

But I keep seeing instances that are suspicious of being marked not being relevant. A precise cross with two defenders to be shot into goal at first touch by a guy with two defenders on top, though it has to be said they weren't between him and the goal, so he was presumably not so uncomfortable.

With regards to saving the game I have been having problems with how long it takes, but it's got nothing to do with the patch. It's been taken a while to save for me since beta day one.

It is kinda annoying, but as I have 3 PC screens I just use it as time to catch up here on Base so it's no real biggie for me.

I'm thinking perhaps it's because I'm continuing a beta save possibly??

I am the almighty GodCubed. Bow down to me or I will get the wrath of Dunc's mighty fists on you

Quoted so you can see the above. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Have def noted an improvement on the diversity of goals being scored/conceded with this patch. Hallelujah

With regards to saving the game I have been having problems with how long it takes, but it's got nothing to do with the patch. It's been taken a while to save for me since beta day one.

It is kinda annoying, but as I have 3 PC screens I just use it as time to catch up here on Base so it's no real biggie for me.

I'm thinking perhaps it's because I'm continuing a beta save possibly??

have this problem to takes so long to save very annoying

15.1.1 uptade Do not have the possibility to return ??

15.1.1 uptade Do not have the possibility to return ??

Not sure if I understand what you're asking, but if the question is whether you can roll back to a previous update then the answer is no.

Not sure if I understand what you're asking, but if the question is whether you can roll back to a previous update then the answer is no.

thank you.. back to 15.1.1 :(:(

thank you.. back to 15.1.1 :(:(

If you have a hard copy of the original disk, you can re-install it and play off-line but Steam will always auto update to the latest version / patch.

1v1's are impossible to score from.
If you get into space, players running with the ball run incredibly slowly and then 90% of the time won't cross, but will turn and hold the ball up.
Very sloppy passing, even from good players.
Player's wont pass despite having 1-2 clear options. I'm playing a target man and when he gets the ball, he will hold it up but won't pass and simply loses possession.

This is very interesting. Presumably you're using a PC right? There's literally nothing we've changed in the patch about it, so it must either be a big coincidence or inherent problem OR something got triggered. Sounds to me like it's the middle one.

I can now confirm I'm experiencing this as well. Pre-patch it took 20-30 seconds to save the game, which has now increased to around 3 minutes. That is a huge difference. This is when saving to an SSD on a high-end PC.

EDIT: I just timed it, took 3mins 5secs which means 2 things:
1. I'm ******* awesome at estimating time.
2. Something is obviously affecting the save time - whether it's patch related is not really important (to those of us who don't work for SI and just play the game), what's important is that it's looked at. I'm hoping it is?

Last edited:
I can now confirm I'm experiencing this as well. Pre-patch it took 20-30 seconds to save the game, which has now increased to around 3 minutes. That is a huge difference. This is when saving to an SSD on a high-end PC.

EDIT: I just timed it, took 3mins 5secs which means 2 things:
1. I'm ******* awesome at estimating time.
2. Something is obviously affecting the save time - whether it's patch related is not really important (to those of us who don't work for SI and just play the game), what's important is that it's looked at. I'm hoping it is?

It took me a while to cinvince these guys that this really happens after the patch, whenever is patch related or not, but yes, it is being looked into. I checked SI Forums and one SI Official said that they will look into it.

Has this patch had a similar effect on tactical familiarity as to what happened last year?

Closing down on mine has dropped to accomplished without me making any changes.

Im not conceding as many with this patch . Especially from crosses which is a relief.

Question though as im still kinda new to fm. Does the patch update into your saved game ?

I constantly seem to get injuries - Is this an issue that has been sorted? Or is it something I am doing wrong my end?

I presume for the update to kick in I would have to start a new save?

I constantly seem to get injuries - Is this an issue that has been sorted? Or is it something I am doing wrong my end?

I presume for the update to kick in I would have to start a new save?

No you don't need to