Dunc

Keyboard Warrior
Reaction score
Hotfix update 15.1.3 released | Football Manager

A small hotflix update for FM15 is now available to download on Steam.

To download the update, simply save your current game, quit FM, then quit and restart Steam. Then launch the game as normal and this should start your update automatically.

The update includes fixes for the following issues:

MATCH ENGINE
  • Tweaked some defensive play
  • Fixed some keeper issues, including, but not limited to:
  • Not reacting quickly enough after a save
  • Some instances of not holding an easy ball
  • Some instances of parrying the ball into goal
  • Not kicking the ball quickly when being closed down
PERFORMANCE
  • Optimised processing performance on certain Mac hardware
  • Fixed rare crash on continue

This ME is so much better. I'm happy that I can talk about it now it's been released. Much better stuff. Still not perfect but getting there.

Last edited:
Looks like a good update, watching my keeper palm a soft shot into nowhere then watch him fall asleep as a player sprints out at 400mph for the tap in was sad.

The only big thing that needs fixing is crossing-goal . When that happens, match engine will be very good indeed.

P.S Just saved my game and **** .... it took 2 minutes. This thing needed improvement but now it's even more buggy than before.

The only big thing that needs fixing is crossing-goal . When that happens, match engine will be very good indeed.

P.S Just saved my game and **** .... it took 2 minutes. This thing needed improvement but now it's even more buggy than before.

No, it isn't.

No, it isn't.

Really ? My computer looks like this:

AMD FX-6300 4.0 GHz
8GB DDR3 - 1866 MHz
SSD Sata3
nVIDIA GTX 650Ti

FM14 executed a save game operation in just about 7 seconds. FM15 did it for me in like 30 seconds and after this update it does it in 2 minutes. You say "No, it isn't" but you cant support your understatement.

AMD FX-6300 4.0 GHz
8GB DDR3 - 1866 MHz
SSD Sata3
nVIDIA GTX 650Ti

FM14 executed a save game operation in just about 7 seconds. FM15 did it for me in like 30 seconds and after this update it does it in 2 minutes. You say "No, it isn't" but you cant support your understatement.

It isn't buggier than before, that much is just untrue. There weren't any changes made to processing on non-Mac machines, so how long it took to save was entirely a coincidence and confirmation bias.

So actually, as someone who's been playing this patch since this morning, I can support my statement, thank you very much.

It isn't buggier than before, that much is just untrue. There weren't any changes made to processing on non-Mac machines, so how long it took to save was entirely a coincidence and confirmation bias.

So actually, as someone who's been playing this patch since this morning, I can support my statement, thank you very much.

Mate, i am tellling you that it was 30 seconds before and now i did it 2 times and it is like 1:40 and 1:41 seconds. How can you say that is untrue ? Do you want me to record the freakin screen ? I am talking about my PC, not yours or anybody else's, I am talking about my freakin PC !!!! I dont know what the heck they modified in the engine, but it surely f**ed me up.

AMD FX-6300 4.0 GHz
8GB DDR3 - 1866 MHz
SSD Sata3
nVIDIA GTX 650Ti

It's same for me, smooth as ever. Takes me 20-30 seconds to save the game with base containing over 80k players.

What I can tell is some animations look better, but still there are issues with ME. Crossing needs serious tweeks.

Mate, i am tellling you that it was 30 seconds before and now i did it 2 times and it is like 1:40 and 1:41 seconds. How can you say that is untrue ? Do you want me to record the freakin screen ? I am talking about my PC, not yours or anybody else's, I am talking about my freakin PC !!!! I dont know what the heck they modified in the engine, but it surely f**ed me up.

I'm not saying that's untrue, what I'm saying is that SI have changed literally nothing that would make your computer process saves slower. So you calling it 'buggier than before' is entirely untrue, as is blaming 'engine modifications' (lol wut).

It's same for me, smooth as ever. Takes me 20-30 seconds to save the game with base containing over 80k players.

What I can tell is some animations look better, but still there are issues with ME. Crossing needs serious tweeks.

Yeup, crossing is still a bit off. SI are going to tweak it majorly in a big patch soon I'm sure, but it's not perfected yet, and it's better to release a patch that works than several that don't.

My DB contains 65K players and that is the number i had in FM14 also. The games runs perfect, very fast, lightning fast actually, except for save game operation. It takes so long that it cant be true almost. Im sure there is something wrong and they will fix it.

Yeup, crossing is still a bit off. SI are going to tweak it majorly in a big patch soon I'm sure, but it's not perfected yet, and it's better to release a patch that works than several that don't.

For sure, I'm glad they fixed some issues. I have feeling crossing is relatively complex issue and requires more both tweaking and testing and thus will take more time to be fixed.

My DB contains 65K players and that is the number i had in FM14 also. The games runs perfect, very fast, lightning fast actually, except for save game operation. It takes so long that it cant be true almost. Im sure there is something wrong and they will fix it.
Well, it could be multiple things, all from custom graphics to programs running in your background. Don't know if it has anything to do with this update tough.

I'm not saying that's untrue, what I'm saying is that SI have changed literally nothing that would make your computer process saves slower. So you calling it 'buggier than before' is entirely untrue, as is blaming 'engine modifications' (lol wut).

If they havent modified anything, than why is this happening ? Yea, right. You read some release notes, like everybody else does, but IT'S OBVIOUS that something was modified. I called it "engine modifications" because I didnt really know how to call it, but thats not the point. The point is that it was bad before and now it's unbelievably bad. That is the FACT and THE POINT. You can say whatever you want, the only thing that matters is that the numbers are as it follows: 30 seconds before update - 100 seconds after update

Well, it could be multiple things, all from custom graphics to programs running in your background. Don't know if it has anything to do with this update tough.

I even restarted my PC, closed everything and the issue is still there. It's not a problem on my end, thats for sure. I was playing, quit the game, update, start the game and then this happened.

For sure, I'm glad they fixed some issues. I have feeling crossing is relatively complex issue and requires more both tweaking and testing and thus will take more time to be fixed.

In short, it was slightly underpowered. So then it was tweaked to make it more powerful, which accidentally took it right into bumfuck OP as all **** category. It got tweaked a bit more before release, but the release version was still quite OP. This patch makes it less so, but it's still on the side of OPness. It'll be fixed though, don't you all worry. :)

If they havent modified anything, than why is this happening ? Yea, right. You read some release notes, like everybody else does, but IT'S OBVIOUS that something was modified. I called it "engine modifications" because I didnt really know how to call it, but thats not the point. The point is that it was bad before and now it's unbelievably bad. That is the FACT and THE POINT. You can say whatever you want, the only thing that matters is that the numbers are as it follows: 30 seconds before update - 100 seconds after update

Haha, no, mate, I work for SI. I thought the 'I've been playing it since this morning' would've tipped you off. :p

Trust me, they've done nothing to affect save files. Restart your computer, close some stuff that's running the background, whatever, but I'm afraid the only fact here is so long as your computer isn't a Mac there's no difference in save times between versions.

If it makes you feel any better, I just rolled back to a previous version to check, and there's literally no difference. Sorry bro.

you need to chill godcubed knows what he his talking about it his is job so have a pill and have a lie down in a dark room and chill