How Come You Support The Team(s)

Reece_Hope

Reaction score
This all came out of nowhere, basically my lil baby cousin is adoped and is at the age where he is starting to support a team and is sort of cut between 3 teams Portsmouth where he was born, Chelsea coz his Dad and Arsenal coz me and him are close and he asked me how comes i support Arsenal and told him when i was 6 i met Ian Wright and almost shat my pants with excitment and also being brought up in Islington litreally just down the road from Highbury so i used to go alot. Plus seeing that plush green pitch sent shivers down my spine and made me knew i belonged.. you know that kind of feeling

And i just wanna hear other peoples stories of how they fell in love with there club and just like said yeah, **** it i am following this team, SCREW YOU rivals.

I mean my Uncle Trevor Supports Villa coz they were like one of the first top division teams to have black players
, or something.

Born and raised in Newcastle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEWCASTLE TILL I DIE

I just started supported Everton because when I was 8, that was first team I saw on TV, and stuck with them through thick and thin ever since (even though its detrimental to my health sometimes lol). I never did have a stable home environment (due to dad being in Navy and moving around all the time), so I never had a chance to check out my home town team of Plymouth (even though I do check out the results). Me dads a Newcastle fan (being a Geordie through and through), and mum supports Liverpool (great for derby days lol).

leicester born, bred and wouldnt think of supporting anyone else. been going filbert street/walkers since i was very young :)

leicester born, bred and wouldnt think of supporting anyone else. been going filbert street/walkers since i was very young :)

If it wasn't for Leicester City, England and Everton would never have had Gary Lineker. 38 goals in 52 games for the Toffees. What a player :)

Dad supports them, so naturally as a kid I supported them too.

Arsenal because of The Ice Man Dennis. That and the wing play of early Wenger years was enough to turn me away from South American footy and Real Madrid and look at the gooners destroy all.
I still watch Real, but Arsenal is in my heart. Being an Arsenal fan is also hazardous to one's health...

Catalan born and bred by the sheer culture within Catalunya, I've been a supporter of Barcelona for all my life, my parents were Barcelona fans, my grandparents too (But my grandfather on my mother's side was Moroccan and raised in Tenerife. I was a wee ****** at 9 when my uncle took me to the Champions's League match between Valencia and Arsenal (Fuzzy on '02 or '01, don't still have the match tickets) and ever since I saw Henry, who I followed alongside the SNT at the World Cup, score, I had initially a pity for Arsenal not going to the KO rounds, but I began following them until it grew to a full fledged support

I actually supported united until i was 10 but never had much of an intrest in watching matches. I just followed the greatness that was Eric Cantona. I got into Liverpool because of Fowler,Owen,Redknapp and McMannaman. Supported them since 1998 and havnt wavered since. Even got my dad and little nephew to support them too.

yeah i got ma step Dad and Austrillian Uncle Supporting the gooners :)
Feels good converting people

Grew up around Liverpool. Dad is an Evertonian and took me to matches. Got addicted to the atmosphere of Goodison :).

First of all, I'm an Argie, bare that in mind when reading :p

When I was a kid my TV was so **** you could only see 8 channels, which weren't very good and I used to read instead of watch tv, since I didn't care much about sports, to be honest. One of the books I used to read a lot was one about greek mythology, and when I was about 5 or 6 I went to the living room and the TV was on, and they were talking about this team, "Olimpo" (Spanish for Olympus), and I said to myself, oh man, if this team is called like mount Olympus, they have to be the real thing, right? And despite my father supporting Racing, my mother supporting Boca, my cousins supporting River and my grandfather supporting San Lorenzo, I've supported Olimpo since.

And in case you're wondering, no, they were not the real thing, we've been promoted and relegated almost constantly for the past 10 years, although when I started supporting them, around 15 years ago, they were not even in the top flight. I also have to say the team is based 700km away from where I live, and I've never been there to watch a match, but I've shed my fair share of tears when we were relegated and had my share of joy when we were promoted.

Well I am Australian and support Melbourne Heart in the A-league. I do follow the premier league but not so much a certain team, I like followingteams with Aussie players in them as well as teams who have just been promoted who play attackingly eg. Reading, Blackpool.

I also have a fond spot for MAnchester CIty since so many people in Australia go for MAn United and I hate them haha

I am a recent football fan tbh. Been into it since only 3 years or so, I remember when Tottenham were bottom of the table. Then came Redknapp and the turnaround occured. Since then I support Spurs :) My mates call me a noob because I don't support Man Utd, its all Red here in India.

I watched Paolo Di Canio when i was younger and absolutely loved him, being an american it wasnt easy to watch european soccer, so i was a neutral for a while but had a special place in my heart for West Ham. When they were promoted from the championship back to the Premier League i had such an overwhelming feeling of joy that i hadn't felt for any kind of sports team it just kind of clicked and no other teams mattered and i haven't looked back since. I also support the Columbus Crew because their stadium is about a 5 minutes drive from my house.

Dad took me to the first Rovers game at The Memorial Stadium, we drew 1-1 Vs Stockport. He then took me to a couple of games per season and I was hooked on Rovers. Got my first ST in the 2006-2007 season and have held once since. Perhaps the biggest reason for me supporting Rovers is our lovely fresh Cornish Pasties - :wub:

Dad supported and was born in West Ham, so I naturally supported them to.

Wigan because I've lived here all my life. used to play for the youth acadamy until I quit one day, well my mum said I couldn't anymore because oen day after playing sunday league in doors, scoring like 13 goals I said I was tired and she just said well if you don't go and play in the Wigan youth acadamy today then you're never going again and she was true to her word, *****! XD Because I played for the youth acadamy, I used to get free entrance to Springfield park for every home game, was devastated when it got knocked down but the new stadium is still only a 15 minute walk away. Been with them through thick and thin!

The Newcastle side of me is basically following them, hoping they do well (until they play Wigan). My dad supports Newcastle and I have geordie relatives.

Last edited: