• Thread starter Thread starter Red_Might
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 186
  • Views Views 11K
I really can't stand Drogba
But he is the most complete forward you will find
He has everything, unfortuanetly
I still would have Rooney 10/10 times

Lol mate the 5 goals came from 24 appearences and 9 as a substitute.

yes but did he want to be at chelsea at the time and did he get on with the manager? no thats what we are trying to explain to you

Drogba is 1 of them players that does my head in...
He is a massive man...It just gets me to thinking...how good would he be if he had the attitude on the pitch say as a Rooney or shearer instead of diving about like a fairy..

Well, I don't particularly rate him that highly, I think the players around him do most of the work and I haven't seen him score any "wonder" goals.

I was looking at some statistics too :p

Rooney
1. About 7 years younger than Drogba
2. Scored 106 goals (only 26 goals off Drogba)

Torres
1. About 6 years younger than Drogba
2. Scored 138 goals (scored 2 more goals than drogba)

From the above, I can't really see evidence of him being amazing, like most people say he is, what do you think?

Well, all strikers have others do the work for them. I´ve haven´t seen a striker cross the ball to himself lately, or run with the ball from his defense across the whole pitch and then score for that matter ;)

And unless Torres scores another 99 goals in his next 102 appearances for his club and Rooney another 131 in 140 club matches, Van Nistelrooy is still a better striker than either of them, as he has 395 appearances and 237 goals scored so far. And that´s what makes a good striker, the qualities as a finisher and not if he has the skill to perform a bicycle kick or 40 yard shot or whatever, those things don´t matter if the ball doesn´t land in the net.

Bottom line is all 3 are world class strikers as quite a few others are as well., they just have different qualities.

you really are talking ****. i can understand if people dont like him but you cant deny his ability. he would walk into any team in the world.

Drogba is 1 of them players that does my head in...
He is a massive man...It just gets me to thinking...how good would he be if he had the attitude on the pitch say as a Rooney or shearer instead of diving about like a fairy..

i admit its even frustrating as a chelsea fan when he does it. but i will say he has cut it out abit this season mainly because the fans were getting on his back last season.

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Torres has 56 goals in 79 appearences tbf.

knowone is denying torres. plus torres is liverpools only tallysman chelsea have had lampard,anelka,joe cole etc.

Red_Might do you support Liverpool?

i admit its even frustrating as a chelsea fan when he does it. but i will say he has cut it out abit this season mainly because the fans were getting on his back last season.

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

knowone is denying torres. plus torres is liverpools only tallysman chelsea have had lampard,anelka,joe cole etc.

Not really and I am a United fan (not Liverpool, so a bigger rivalry), but I can still admit that Steven Gerrard is better than Lampard and Joe Cole.

Not really and I am a United fan (not Liverpool, so a bigger rivalry), but I can still admit that Steven Gerrard is better than Lampard and Joe Cole.

i never said they were better i said they score more goals. chelsea score more goals as a team than liverpool and man utd not just 1 player sticks out. like i said earlier drogba has wieghed in with some massive assists recently aswell.

He's scored 127 goals in 258 games mate. Can't even argue about the ratio.
To put it into perspective;

He's likely to score a goal every two games, according to that statistic. That's a seriously scary ratio to be honest. I'm not a fan of Chelsea, or any of the big teams in England, but Drogba's a ******* beast on his day, same as Rooney and same as Torres, when he's not injured. To not rate the man is madness. Every team in the world would be honoured to get a striker of his quality along.

My rant done, carry on :)

To put it into perspective;

He's likely to score a goal every two games, according to that statistic. That's a seriously scary ratio to be honest. I'm not a fan of Chelsea, or any of the big teams in England, but Drogba's a ******* beast on his day, same as Rooney and same as Torres, when he's not injured. To not rate the man is madness. Every team in the world would be honoured to get a striker of his quality along.

My rant done, carry on :)

Well at the end of the day we all have different opinoins, I just don't really rate Drogba that highly and I think there are much better out there, including Eto'o, but that's another kettle of fish which from this thread is probably not worth opening.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

watch this vid of his first 100 goals a realise he is world class

YouTube- Drogba 100 Goals

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

i cant believe all this is coming from a fulham fan lol :P

And I do think Lampard is world class as is Gerrard, they come close ability wise.

Well at the end of the day we all have different opinoins, I just don't really rate Drogba that highly and I think there are much better out there, including Eto'o, but that's another kettle of fish which from this thread is probably not worth opening.
That's your opinion =]

Drogba has 49 assists during his Premier league career, Rooney has a bit more but he was playing in a more supportive role until this season, Torres has twelve. This season he is second in the assists table (behind Lampard) for Chelsea and fourth in the Premier league. So don't come telling that he lets everyone else do the hard work for him.

My rant over(hopefully).

Quality striker when he isn't on the floor crying because he mis-controlled the ball.

Back