How long was your longest career so far?

Reaction score
so far i have played several careers on fm 08-09-10 but yet longest career was like 8 seasons tops so i was wondering whats the game like after 10-20 seasons. specially that for fm 08 young players who were unreal were pretty good after 5-6 seasons had several world stars but on fm09 i played 7 seasons with no upcoming stars of that kind except maybe 1 or 2 so what happens after that??

Longest season this time is like 6, More interested in editing at this stage.

All time Record was FM07 from memory was 2038...Started as Central Coast Mariners then Lyon, Liverpool, Celtic, Lens, back to liverpool, back to CC Mariners then ended up at Inter for around 5 seasons. Won just about everything at most of the clubs and a World Cup in there too

Longest ive done was 11 seasons on 09 with bolton, But some people have gone alot further

Last edited:
Done 12 seasons on 07 taking Stenhousemuir to UEFA cup glory.

The last season i did on Football Manager 2009 was 16 seasons

My longest was 6 season on 09 with leeds. turned them into a good premire league side. This person at school says he did 30 years by just going on holiday. when he returned he said gerrard was manager of england. i dunno if he was telling the truth though

got to 2020 with atletico madrid in fm 05.

Anyone else found that if you play until around 2015 Ballack is gaffer of Chelsea?
Always occurs for me.

In 2020 in my Fergie story (link below). 2034 is my longest

On FM10 it's like 3 seasons finished.

I'm Liverpool and have won;

EPL & LC
EPL & FA
EPL & FA & CL

Going for the quad next year.

Probably FM2009 I got to 2017/18 with Leeds.

Longest Management game was Championship Manager 2007 with Bristol City.

My Wolfsburg game is my longest ever lol...
I suck at sticking to games xD
But 6th season with my Wolfsburg is decent achievement for me :)

Never ever completed a season with any club on any football manager untill now, on fm 10 i did 2 seasons with man city:)

Probably 6-7 years with Whitby, on older versions though I used to get good 20+ season careers.

im on my 7th season on fm 2010. was at leeds for 3 seasons Tottenham for 1 season, man city for 1 season. and then rejoined leeds from then onwards

Currently on Season 5 with Newcastle. My longest on FM10. My longest ever was Swansea, up until 2022 on 2009. My best ever was Hull which got up to 2015 and I won everything. ^^)