How many trophies will Arsenal win?

Votes: 43 34.7%

Votes: 15 12.1%

Votes: 4 3.2%

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • [b]0[/b]

Votes: 60 48.4%

• Total voters
In what way did it show that Arsenal have a greater strength in depth? If you look at the line-ups:

Man U: Arsenal:
GK: Van Der Sar (1st choice) GK: Almunia (2nd choice)
LB: Evra (1st choice) LB: Gibbs (2nd choice)
RB: Brown (2nd choice) RB: Sagna (1st choice)
CB: Smalling (2nd choice) CB: Djourou (1st/2nd choice)
CB: Vidic (1st choice) CB: Koscielny (1st/2nd choice)
LM: Fabio (2nd/3rd choice in that position) DM: Denilson (2nd choice)
RM: Rafael (2nd/3rd chioce in position) DM: Diaby (2nd choice)
CM: O'Shea (3rd/4th choice in position) AM: Wilshere (1st choice)
CM: Gibson (3rd choice) AM: Arshavin (1st/2nd choice)
ST: Rooney (1st choice) AM: Nasri (1st choice)
ST: Hernandez (1st/2nd choice) ST: Van Persie (1st choice)

Both teams have similar amounts of changes with Man Utd having at least 6 first teamers missing or on the bench i.e Ferdinand, Nani, Scholes, Fletcher, Valencia, Giggs as well as players playing out of position.
Arsenal had around 6 players missing as well i.e. Szczesny, Clichy, Vermaelen, Fabregas, Walcott, Song. So I would say that both teams showed good strength in depth but I feel Man Utd edged it with the stout defensive performance as well as cutting egde over Arsenal.

More like

VDS- First choice
Brown- Third choice behind Rafael and O'Shea
Smalling- Second or Third choice
Vidic- First Choice
Evra- First choice

Rafael- Fifth choice in that position behind Nani, Valencia, Park, Fletcher
O'shea-
Gibson- CM combination is 3123123123th choice.
Fabio- Fifth choice in that position behind Nani, Giggs, Park, Rooney

Rooney- First choice
Hernandez- Second choice behind Berbatov

Arsenal Report will be publishing an article today about why Arsenal haven't won a trophy in 6 years - explaining what went "wrong", and how Wenger's 10 year plan has worked out.

I'll link when it's done but one of the most important factors goes back to 1999 when Stadium plans were announced after HIghbury's capacity was significantly reduced (all-seater) and why as a result of that, having Wenger at the helm as been key.

Lets be honest... Who has been proved to be wrong..... I picked 0..

If you would like a laugh, read from the start of this thread, until the end of the thread :$

There's still 8/9 league games to go :S

I never said there wasnt, I never said you are out of the league... All i want to know is how many people have been proved wrong, and just said my original opinion,

I went for 2. I thought we'd win the CC and pinch the league - I still definitely think we can do the latter. 30th April is going to be huge.

I never said there wasnt, I never said you are out of the league... All i want to know is how many people have been proved wrong, and just said my original opinion,

That's fair enough, though it has to be said that a huge percentage of users opted for just '1' or '0' so only a select few were wrong. Not to mention some of the votes are clearly jokes :)

That's fair enough, though it has to be said that a huge percentage of users opted for just '1' or '0' so only a select few were wrong. Not to mention some of the votes are clearly jokes :)

thats true. I would also like to know if anyone has changed there opinion, Maybe they thought 1 and ow think 0.

I went for 2. I thought we'd win the CC and pinch the league - I still definitely think we can do the latter. 30th April is going to be huge.

1st May ;)

I think the return of Valencia will give us a boast and along with the psychological advantage we will have gained from yesterdays game will help us secure the 19th

As said above, there's still 8/9 league games to go. Is it just Arsenal fans that are this negative?

Im not being negative, of course I'd love us to win the league but realistically I can't see it happening.

1st May ;)

I think the return of Valencia will give us a boast and along with the psychological advantage we will have gained from yesterdays game will help us secure the 19th

Optimistic. You think you'll get relegated? ;)

Valencia returning is a boost, but then we have RvP, Cesc, TV5, Ramsey all returning too. Your terrible away form may settle it but equally our tendency to fall at the final hurdle may lose us the game. Will be a good game in an exciting season!

Optimistic. You think you'll get relegated? ;)

Valencia returning is a boost, but then we have RvP, Cesc, TV5, Ramsey all returning too. Your terrible away form may settle it but equally our tendency to fall at the final hurdle may lose us the game. Will be a good game in an exciting season!

It certainly will, hopefully we can gain some revenge for 2002 and win the league at the emirates and hopefully the return of Valencia can help Rooney return to form :)

Back