How many trophies will Arsenal win?

Votes: 43 34.7%

Votes: 15 12.1%

Votes: 4 3.2%

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • [b]0[/b]

Votes: 60 48.4%

• Total voters
Well Man Utd have hardly been brilliant away from home and they've still got to come to the Emirates.

Unfortunately, it looks like Szczesny and Fabregas may be out for a little while now. Cesc apparently twinged his hamstring or whatever his injury was after 15 mins but played on & Szczesny has apparently torn a ligament in his finger, which means season over for him.

Great to see RvP back (I'm going to ignore that ludicrous decision). Didn't expect him to start but if he's actually 100% fit then I'll be amazed.

So unlucky at times the Arsenal. Although I know if we don't win anything everyone will say we need a new GK and a strong CB, despite the performances of our CBs recently and our defensive record.

All but one down..

Stand by my prediction.. Zero...

Arsenal have shown enough tonight for me to think they have a very good chance of winning the league. They dominated the game tonight, and on another day they could have easily won if they had taken their chances.

United and Chelsea play a very similar game when it comes to facing Arsenal. Prior to the game at the Emirates, Chelsea always seem to let Arsenal have possession then counter them at every chance. I knew from all the chances they miss that one day we would get a real thumping, and that happened at the Emirates earlier in the season. The same could easily happen to United when they go to the Emirates.

i still think it will be zero and it is certainly looking that way

Arsenal have shown enough tonight for me to think they have a very good chance of winning the league. They dominated the game tonight, and on another day they could have easily won if they had taken their chances.

United and Chelsea play a very similar game when it comes to facing Arsenal. Prior to the game at the Emirates, Chelsea always seem to let Arsenal have possession then counter them at every chance. I knew from all the chances they miss that one day we would get a real thumping, and that happened at the Emirates earlier in the season. The same could easily happen to United when they go to the Emirates.

Against a poor United team it is not that tough to do it. O'shea and Gibson were our CMs.. It was our second and third string team. If Arsenal didn't dominate this game, then i would have said Crawley > Arsenal.

Against a poor United team it is not that tough to do it. O'shea and Gibson were our CMs.. It was our second and third string team. If Arsenal didn't dominate this game, then i would have said Crawley > Arsenal.

Arsenal also had their own injuries. If anything it just showed Arsenal had more strength in depth than United.

0. How such a consistently good team can always fail to get a trophy is beyond me. I can't think of an equivalent anywhere. They're always top 3 or even top 2 in the Prem (arguably the strongest league in the world) and they don't win anything. There's more to it than trophies though, their financial position/stadium/young squad is something that anyone would envy if they'd admit it.

Arsenal also had their own injuries. If anything it just showed Arsenal had more strength in depth than United.

Just take a look at our starting line up. O'shea and Gibson in the CM should say it all..

It's funny you say that because he isn't actually the author of the thread.

Jamie92 is.

I didn't mean Calum started this thread. It was more like this thread shouldn't have been started as it is natural to bump this to update the thread.

We had this discussion on the previous thread?

Fab, Verm, Song, Walcott?

Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson, Valencia (Played only one half), Rio, Hargo (Since Vern is counted as he is out for the season)

Rafael was our first choice RB who played as winger.

Anyways with the team we played, very proud of the result.

In what way did it show that Arsenal have a greater strength in depth? If you look at the line-ups:

Man U: Arsenal:
GK: Van Der Sar (1st choice) GK: Almunia (2nd choice)
LB: Evra (1st choice) LB: Gibbs (2nd choice)
RB: Brown (2nd choice) RB: Sagna (1st choice)
CB: Smalling (2nd choice) CB: Djourou (1st/2nd choice)
CB: Vidic (1st choice) CB: Koscielny (1st/2nd choice)
LM: Fabio (2nd/3rd choice in that position) DM: Denilson (2nd choice)
RM: Rafael (2nd/3rd chioce in position) DM: Diaby (2nd choice)
CM: O'Shea (3rd/4th choice in position) AM: Wilshere (1st choice)
CM: Gibson (3rd choice) AM: Arshavin (1st/2nd choice)
ST: Rooney (1st choice) AM: Nasri (1st choice)
ST: Hernandez (1st/2nd choice) ST: Van Persie (1st choice)

Both teams have similar amounts of changes with Man Utd having at least 6 first teamers missing or on the bench i.e Ferdinand, Nani, Scholes, Fletcher, Valencia, Giggs as well as players playing out of position.
Arsenal had around 6 players missing as well i.e. Szczesny, Clichy, Vermaelen, Fabregas, Walcott, Song. So I would say that both teams showed good strength in depth but I feel Man Utd edged it with the stout defensive performance as well as cutting egde over Arsenal.

Yet United still won? :S

That wasn't the point.

That United fan was saying that Arsenal were expected to dominate because United have a few players injured. Arsenal also had a few players injured and still dominated the game. Hence why they have greater strength in depth. Nothing to do with them not winning, they were unlucky not to.

l2read.

My vote of '0' is looking somewhat secure at the moment. Mentality just isn't there. You could see it tonight.

Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson, Valencia (Played only one half), Rio, Hargo (Since Vern is counted as he is out for the season)

Rafael was our first choice RB who played as winger.

Anyways with the team we played, very proud of the result.

As was said by the commentator at the beginning, both teams had 5 first team players out.

Back