tiraths

Saving the World
Reaction score
The easiest way to connect to another computer is using Hamachi

The Host and people joining must have the same patch
Once you've downloaded hamachi and installed it, open it up and should look like this :

To create a network for other to join click the network tab

And when you click create a network, this box will pop up and just put in a unique name and password for your network.

Hosting for FM10:

Go to preferences:

then click on the Network tab and Type in a server name but most importantly TICK run as server.

Force continue is optional although I would advise it if more than 1 person is joining you game.
Once that's done just start a new game like normal using any patch you want (as long as the others players have it) and turn hamachi on. The players joining must copy your I.P address to join (will be explained further on).

Joining a game for FM10:

On hamachi instead of creating a network game you have to join an existing network. You have to ask the host what the name & password is.
On FM10 start screen, click Network and you should come to this screen. Then you click Join other server in the bottom right hand corner.

The I.P address from hamachi is highlighted on the following image.

The I.P address at the top of your hamachi window is your I.P address. The I.P address of other players on-line have also been highlited. For example, if cfc123 man utd was host i would type in 5.149.34.229 and I can add a new manager as long as he has done his part correctly.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask
Tirath

This is a really helpful guide as I have seen a lot of threads pop up about this. I found it confusing at first but it isn't too hard in the end. :)

hia mate i have just tried to join my friends network game i put the ip adress in the box and its saying unable to connect to server where am i goin wrong

hia mate i have just tried to join my friends network game i put the ip adress in the box and its saying unable to connect to server where am i goin wrong

Are you using hamachi or not?
Try with hamachi and it mite resolve the problem

Has he ticked the box in his preferences that says run as server?

Meh I'm sure there is already a similar guide but it's in FM09 forms, so will leave this.

Useful information.

Meh I'm sure there is already a similar guide but it's in FM09 forms, so will leave this.

Useful information.

Thats for FM09 and using the old version of hamachi...

So have you done the things that I've said in the first post? Thats all you need to do.

followed the instructions, and it says unable to connect to server for me and my mate when we try to connect to each other, anything i need to do with my router?

this works for fm 2010 rite? wat abt the country i live in? i mean i don't hav to live in the same country as sum 1 as long as i hav their ip adress right?

Doesn't matter what country you live in. Their connection to you won't be as strong if they live on the other side of the world to you but it still works

Hi
Me and my cousin want to play on a network game but when he puts in my network ip into join other server, it just says can't connect. I have run as server ticked and on hamachi his pc clearly shows up on the hamachi screen. I have 4 saves and i dont know if that affects it. We both have the 10.3 patch. We both have wireless internet. Could anyone help? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi
Me and my cousin want to play on a network game but when he puts in my network ip into join other server, it just says can't connect. I have run as server ticked and on hamachi his pc clearly shows up on the hamachi screen. I have 4 saves and i dont know if that affects it. We both have the 10.3 patch. We both have wireless internet. Could anyone help? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The number of saves does not effect the network game
What about firewalls, have you checked both of your's are off/allow you to use hamachi

Go to control panel and there should be an icon saying Windows Firewall

You're 100% sure he put your hamachi IP address?
Ask him to tick 'run as server' aswell. For some reason it occasionally solves the problem (don't ask why)