the easiest way to connect to another computer is using hamachi

the host and people joining must have the same patch
once you've downloaded hamachi and installed it, open it up and should look like this :

to create a network for other to join click the network tab

and when you click create a network, this box will pop up and just put in a unique name and password for your network.

hosting for fm10:

go to preferences:

then click on the network tab and type in a server name but most importantly tick run as server.

force continue is optional although i would advise it if more than 1 person is joining you game.
Once that's done just start a new game like normal using any patch you want (as long as the others players have it) and turn hamachi on. The players joining must copy your i.p address to join (will be explained further on).

joining a game for fm10:

on hamachi instead of creating a network game you have to join an existing network. You have to ask the host what the name & password is.
On fm10 start screen, click network and you should come to this screen. Then you click join other server in the bottom right hand corner.

the i.p address from hamachi is highlighted on the following image.

the i.p address at the top of your hamachi window is your i.p address. The i.p address of other players on-line have also been highlited. For example, if cfc123 man utd was host i would type in 5.149.34.229 and i can add a new manager as long as he has done his part correctly.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask
tirath

i need help joining a network game, ive done everything above but when i copy the hosts i.p address in the 'join other server' bar, it just says unable to join server? What am i doing wrong?

Doesn't matter now.

Last edited:
hey where to download hamuchi? how to create network without hamuchi?

This wont ******* work!!!! I've tried everything you said and tried everything others have said and it still wont work! What can i do!?????????????

This wont ******* work!!!! I've tried everything you said and tried everything others have said and it still wont work! What can i do!?????????????

firstly calm down ;)

What is the problem. At what stage in the guide does it go wrong?

Lol sorry. Unable to connect to server. Everything else works fine in the guide

like EVERY forum i have been searching on... no one seams to have a answer for the network ERROR unable to connect to server??????

after spending about 4hrs searching and trying every solution - still nothing... surley some smart **** out there has the answer?

the easiest way to connect to another computer is using hamachi

the host and people joining must have the same patch
once you've downloaded hamachi and installed it, open it up and should look like this :

to create a network for other to join click the network tab

and when you click create a network, this box will pop up and just put in a unique name and password for your network.

hosting for fm10:

go to preferences:

then click on the network tab and type in a server name but most importantly tick run as server.

force continue is optional although i would advise it if more than 1 person is joining you game.
Once that's done just start a new game like normal using any patch you want (as long as the others players have it) and turn hamachi on. The players joining must copy your i.p address to join (will be explained further on).

joining a game for fm10:

on hamachi instead of creating a network game you have to join an existing network. You have to ask the host what the name & password is.
On fm10 start screen, click network and you should come to this screen. Then you click join other server in the bottom right hand corner.

the i.p address from hamachi is highlighted on the following image.

the i.p address at the top of your hamachi window is your i.p address. The i.p address of other players on-line have also been highlited. For example, if cfc123 man utd was host i would type in 5.149.34.229 and i can add a new manager as long as he has done his part correctly.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask
tirath
i followed your steps but when i copy the name from hamachi in the game it says unable to connect to server please help

Great tutorial

Awesome!

I never knew this was possible. In previous versions, I could connect on the same LAN with my friends to play but never knew one could connect over the internet and have fun. I was already thinking of purchasing FMLive because of this.. Thanks to thread starter for this tutorial, I'm going to try it out now..

Cheers..:)

im having problems with this to, made sure everything has been entered correctly, it just wont let him join my game..carnt connect to server. checked running same versions/patches etc and ive ticked the run as server. my mate joins me on hamachi, and we can chat the its showing the circle as green. the only other things i did the ping test and it keeps failing. Ive got a belkin router and put the required ports to port forward all im getting is timed out. only firewall im using is the standard windows one :( please help :)